Per Bills text Rob Moore hired as WR coach

Beerball

And the fumbles, and the bone head penalties, and the....The guy is a clear case of addition by subtraction.

Stevie had 1 fumble this season so I am not sure calling him out for fumbles, plural, is warranted. He has had a total of 3 in his 6-year career. What bone head penalties are you referring to from this season? Or are you referring to previous seasons and would you think it appropriate for Rob Moore to address things from 2 or 3 years ago in an interview immediately upon taking the job?

6-10 is different.

No mention of the drops. That's what SJ needs the most help on.

I am not sure calling out a veteran for drops in the media is something a brand new coach would think is a good idea when he is trying to establish a connection with the guy who is currently the #1 WR. Clearly this is something all WR coaches work on, that doesn't mean they are going to bring it up immediately upon joining the team. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie had 1 fumble this season so I am not sure calling him out for fumbles, plural, is warranted. He has had a total of 3 in his 6-year career. What bine head penalties are you referring to from this season? Or are you referring to previous seasons and would you think it appropriate for Rob Moore to address things from 2 or 3 years ago in an interview immediately upon taking the job?

I am not sure calling out a veteran for drops in the media is something a brand new coach would think is a good idea when he is trying to establish a connection with the guy who is currently the #1 WR. Clearly this is something all WR coaches work on, that doesn't mean they are going to bring it up immediately upon joining the team.

I'm only guessing--probably the taunting penalty he took against the Jets. That one was bad.

Of course, Kyle Williams took a very costly taunting penalty against the Bengals, so who knows what actually transpires when something like that is called.

Regarding the drops, it's not the frequency, it's the timing. I've defended Stevie in the past--he really does need to eliminate his mistakes at crucial times.

I'm only guessing--probably the taunting penalty he took against the Jets. That one was bad.

Of course, Kyle Williams took a very costly taunting penalty against the Bengals, so who knows what actually transpires when something like that is called.

Regarding the drops, it's not the frequency, it's the timing. I've defended Stevie in the past--he really does need to eliminate his mistakes at crucial times.

I remember the Jets game but I give him a pass but he got into Kyle Wilson's head and Wilson got so many penalties in a row because of it that it kept us in the game. I am not defending his drops whatsoever. I was just wondering why people would comment that Rob Moore should have talked about that in the media at this point in joining the Bills. Same thing with the penalty (s)? Why should Rob Moore be discussing that in the media a week after taking the job, if he is indeed even aware at this point, of that penalty he had back in week 3? If he wants to worry about WR penalties, he should worry about Woods throwing an unprovoked punch and getting ejected. Fred got a taunting penalty in the Browns game which negated a big gain. I didn't agree with the call, but that was bad too. Edited by YoloinOhio

Stevie is a great route runner , ask Revis . He needs to stay in condition to avoid injuries. Chan and Fitz were dialed in to him , not so last season. $8.5 m next season, hope he's back to 1000+ yds again.

Stevie is a very good WR. He has had his issues with drops and being reliable at crunch time. He plays through his injuries unless he thinks it will hurt the team to do so. Most WRs are injured at some point in the year, he has played through a lot.

... Regarding the drops, it's not the frequency, it's the timing. I've defended Stevie in the past--he really does need to eliminate his mistakes at crucial times.

This is so true. The timing of his drops or turnovers couldn't have been worse. Cost us two games this year, first Pats* and then the Falcons. I like SJ, but if a player that makes big plays at crunch time is clutch, what is the opposite?

GO BILLS!!!

This is so true. The timing of his drops or turnovers couldn't have been worse. Cost us two games this year, first Pats* and then the Falcons. I like SJ, but if a player that makes big plays at crunch time is clutch, what is the opposite?

GO BILLS!!!

I think Stevie's issues are in his head.

Regarding the drops, it's not the frequency, it's the timing.

It's both.

When I saw the article titled "Rob Moore a coach who can relate to Stevie Johnson" I thought the drops was the part Rob Moore could relate to SJ. Probably just me, but whenever I think of SJ I think of the drops. Hopefully Rob can help with that.

Stevie is a great route runner , ask Revis . He needs to stay in condition to avoid injuries. Chan and Fitz were dialed in to him , not so last season. $8.5 m next season, hope he's back to 1000+ yds again.

Gailey let him freelance. It was up to Fitz to put the ball where Johnson was rather than Johnson being where the ball was to be thrown.

Stevie had 1 fumble this season so I am not sure calling him out for fumbles, plural, is warranted. He has had a total of 3 in his 6-year career. What bone head penalties are you referring to from this season? Or are you referring to previous seasons and would you think it appropriate for Rob Moore to address things from 2 or 3 years ago in an interview immediately upon taking the job?

I am not sure calling out a veteran for drops in the media is something a brand new coach would think is a good idea when he is trying to establish a connection with the guy who is currently the #1 WR. Clearly this is something all WR coaches work on, that doesn't mean they are going to bring it up immediately upon joining the team.

Holding 10 yards behind the play. He would be much more at home in Oakland where huge, Ill timed mental errors are considered an asset.

Not worth half that but maybe worth a 4th rounder in a trade.