Fan Opinion Poll - Where to use the 9th pick?

MClem06

WIth #9 the Bills should draft...  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Which Position should the Bills draft at 9?

• QB
    • WR
    • OL
    • LB
    • DB
    • TE
    • Trade it down for extra picks
    • BPA

I voted WR, I'd be happy with Evans at WR at 9 but if Watkins from Clemson slips that far we'd have the best WR in this draft at 9. If they were to go WR at 9 those would make me happy. We've been in need of a true #1 and it will only help EJ develop.

You need a BPA choice. From the choices available, I voted for trading down.

I think we finally have enough talent spread around this roster that we shouldn't target a certain position in the 1st round. We should take whatever player the Dougs feel is the best fit for this team regardless of position. Then in the 2nd and 3rd rounds we should target some of the needs like OL/G, LB, TE and DE. Trading down for more 2nd and/or 3rds while still taking the BPA in round 1 works for me as well.

I am more interested in specific players than a position. I think that the Bills have some needs for sure but they need to get value with those picks. I would like Watkins at 9 and then Mack. If they are not there I say trade down (so that's how I voted).

BPA - To put it in perspective, if you have Patrick Peterson, Patrick Willis and Eugene Monroe on the board, how can you take Monroe?

Really well put. This is one of those things that I think too often teams miss on. That is exactly why I am on the Watkins bandwagon (although I doubt that he is there).

I voted for trading down (as long as they don't go too far back). In an ideal world, they would trade down and still get one of the top 4 OTs. A suggestion: I think you should do another poll and take out the trade down choice. That selection doesn't provide info on what my priority pick would be.

Hard to do, so much depends on free agency. If I were them I would try and address the OL in free agency, seems easier than signing a top WR or TE. If Watkins is there I'd run to the podium, but I don't think he will be. I don't care if any QB falls to 9 they are not going to draft a QB that high. So it came down to LB or TE. Some LBs will already be gone by 9, I went with TE. Ebron will be there, he is the best TE in the draft and it is a position of need.

I put BPA but that is with limits.

-I don't want a RB

-I don't want a CB

-I don't want a OL (I don't think)

-I don't want a QB

We need a RB IMO but I wouldn't draft one there.

We need a CB as backup for Leodos and Gilmore but also don't need one that early

We need OL but I'm ok with a 2-5th round pick. I firmly believe Marrones insight into the OL will help here.

We need a franchise QB but in not ready to give up in EJ after 1 year. IMO, you surround him with talent and see what he does.

I picked BPA but that's of the following positions:

WR, OLB, TE, OL (if someone falls that shouldn't be there and is a once in a generation talent) and I have no idea if there's even a guy like that in this draft at OL.

But all in all, if there was a trade down option, I'd do it almost every time. To pick up an extra 2nd to move 10 spots or so, I'd take it in a heartbeat. We should be trying to collect draft picks like Scrooge McDuck collects coins.

I am more interested in specific players than a position. I think that the Bills have some needs for sure but they need to get value with those picks. I would like Watkins at 9 and then Mack. If they are not there I say trade down (so that's how I voted).

Really well put. This is one of those things that I think too often teams miss on. That is exactly why I am on the Watkins bandwagon (although I doubt that he is there).

After seeing the Seahawks' dominate defense dismantle the Broncos high octane offense, I think there's the chance that a "copycat" league drafting defense pushes Watkins to the Bills. There will be some defensive prospects that will rise into the top 10. It happens every year like it did last year with Dion Jordan and Ezekiel Ansah. You add in the 3 QBs and teams that don't want WRs like the Falcons and Watkins dropping to the Bills becomes a more real possibility.

I voted for OL, but I'm really still all over the place. Is Watkins somehow still there at #9? Is Manziel there at 9? Ideally I would want us to possibly try and trade down to the late teens and take Yankey to play LG for the next 10yrs.

I have the same issue you have. Who else is there. Sure, if Watkins is gone, perhaps we grab Jake Mathews or Greg Robinson (who in one Mock I saw was the # 2 pick). But then what if a team like the Steelers or Seattle wants to give us their first (both need OL help) and second, enabling us to grab a top TE in RD1 or Yankey, and a great WR and LB in round 2. So confusing right now!

You need a BPA choice. From the choices available, I voted for trading down.

I think we finally have enough talent spread around this roster that we shouldn't target a certain position in the 1st round. We should take whatever player the Dougs feel is the best fit for this team regardless of position. Then in the 2nd and 3rd rounds we should target some of the needs like OL/G, LB, TE and DE. Trading down for more 2nd and/or 3rds while still taking the BPA in round 1 works for me as well.

This draft also seems pretty deep at positions we need, that's why I voted to trade down. You can get top line TE at the end of Rd. 1 or a great WR, in Rd2 you can still get a great LB and DT or OL.