Wahhhhh!!!! The big bad media is unfair to me!

OK, I could agree with that.

Often people read a bad headline and run with it w/o any fact checking.

I've actually caught fabricated headlines on their web site. As though they'd put up a random headline, then take it down in ten minutes if it wasn't true...because who knows, maybe it'll come true, and then they get a scoop.

During the invasion of Iraq, I found that Fox was quickest with breaking news, primarily because they'd report every single damn thing they heard without any checking, so they reported the stories first...along with a boatload of ****. And while everyone remembers scoops, no one remembers the stories you break for every scoop that turned out to be complete nonsense. Sound business plan for a news organization...but a really lousy way to report the news.

BBC was at the other end of the spectrum - last with the story, but better detail and much less BS to wade through.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O'bama and O'Reilly, just a couple kids from the neighborhood. Barry and Billy, just exchanging views: Billy asking', Barry bobbin' and weavin'. Damn that Fox News for asking for answers to really really hard questions! Poor Barry has shucked and jived so much he prolly thinks Benghazi is a person, not a place.

i love how no one here on the right-leaning side has an answer for Jon Stewart calling out the hyprocisy. once again, let me pose the question, why is it that some on the extreme right can't take or get the joke?

jw

Probably for the same reason that MSNBC exists. I watch the Daily Show almost every day and laugh quite a bit, despite the fact that it's skewed noticeably. All of you "journalists" are !@#$ing hypocrites. All of you.

i love how no one here on the right-leaning side has an answer for Jon Stewart calling out the hyprocisy. once again, let me pose the question, why is it that some on the extreme right can't take or get the joke?

jw

Had no idea what you were talking about, so I googled™ "Jon Stewart calling out the hyprocisy" Low & behold, Googlebot not only fixed the sic, but returned a whole host of Jon Stewart blasting the media for being hypocritical. Interesting though that all top search results of Jon Stewart's media critique focused on him blasting Fox, or some extension of Fox. I think you have your answer right there.

Had no idea what you were talking about, so I googled™ "Jon Stewart calling out the hyprocisy" Low & behold, Googlebot not only fixed the sic, but returned a whole host of Jon Stewart blasting the media for being hypocritical. Interesting though that all top search results of Jon Stewart's media critique focused on him blasting Fox, or some extension of Fox. I think you have your answer right there.

It's probably more telling to me that any time a progressive puffs its chest to make a point these days, their primary voice of authority is a witty guy on Comedy Central.

They are quick to stumble into a conversation and say "OMG, Stewart just blew up the far right," and then just chuckle to themselves when Stewart makes a funny face because after walking arm-in-arm with a gavel up the steps of the Capitol on every news channel in the world, Nancy Pelosi says she has no idea what went wrong with the utter global embarrassment that is Obamacare, and that it doesn't matter to her because "it''s not my responsibility."

t1larg.pelosi.dems.gavel.gi.jpg

But hey...Stewart really zinged that O'Reilly guy, eh?

Edited by LABillzFan

Not to mention that Stewart last night had a segment on, you guessed it, the Koch brothers.

Hard hitting unbiased stuff right there.

When you can prove FAUX news doesn't fabricate its "news" maybe people I would take them serious.

the FOX motto, if Obama is for it we rally against it. (even if we supported it last week).

watch last nights Daily show. you might see what I mean.

LOL.............just when I thought you couldn't post anything more childish, you go and do it................

brownlaughinghorse_small.jpg

I think that's the wrong end of the horse.

jw

And this from a guy who didn't get the horse's azz pic I posted in another thread.

It all depends on who's ox is getting gored, I guess.

jw

some on the extreme right are in many ways just like some people on the extreme left in that they can't take a joke, or never see hypocrisy on their side of an issue. it's just like both sides have self-appointed experts who continually adopt a critical view of others with whom they feel are ignorant and unenlightened, or like how some people believe that since they can put words together in a reasonably cogient fashion that there is automatically wisdom in them.

some on the extreme right are in many ways just like some people on the extreme left in that they can't take a joke, or never see hypocrisy on their side of an issue. it's just like both sides have self-appointed experts who continually adopt a critical view of others with whom they feel are ignorant and unenlightened, or like how some people believe that since they can put words together in a reasonably cogient fashion that there is automatically wisdom in them.

Now who could that be?

Jon Stewart's been nailing Dems a lot more lately. Even he can't continue to ignore/make excuses for them.

Stewart's never hid the fact that he's a liberal...second. And a comedian first. He's never been shy of skewering anyone if it gets him a laugh.