A List For Future SB Half Time Entertainment

T master

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the ACDC request....but really you cant go wrong with my 2 requests.......

Pearl Jam or

Foo Fighters

In terms of Pop I hate to say it but Taylor Swift would be good.

Finally a long shot but Neil Young would be great with Pearl Jam

Winner! except Taylor Swift...

Enter Sandman would blow the roof off the joint, but I don't see the superbowl inviting them. Foo Fighters would be the most likely rock band.

Edited by qblax16

Wrong.

BTW I eat dinner at halftime so I don't really care who they have.

Um, You eat dinner during the Super Bowl? Like a proper meal at the table?

You don't have beers, wings, pizza, chips, dips, meatballs, ribs, burgers, and hotdogs going throughout the game at a Super Bowl party?

Slayer would be awesome - make the field a huge pit for Angel of Death - somehow I don't think America is ready for that.....

In all seriousness, I'm surprised the halftime show doesn't feature country music. I'm not into country, but it has a huge following - I would think a lot of fans listen to country and they they would put together a show with some of the top country acts at some point.

Bruno Mars was good - not my style, but the guy has great talent and broad appeal so I think he was a good choice.

Slayer would be awesome - make the field a huge pit for Angel of Death - somehow I don't think America is ready for that.....

In all seriousness, I'm surprised the halftime show doesn't feature country music. I'm not into country, but it has a huge following - I would think a lot of fans listen to country and they they would put together a show with some of the top country acts at some point.

Bruno Mars was good - not my style, but the guy has great talent and broad appeal so I think he was a good choice.

remember, we are talking international crowds, not just america. im not sure that country music is what pepsi wants to be known for across the world. they want someone young, exciting, popular EVERYWHERE, etc....

The NFL is trying to attract the "next generation" (see what I did there) of fans. The act will certainly fit the Pepsi brand. If this thread is about who is likely to play the Super Bowl, I am as likely as some of the names mentioned. If it is the people that you would like to see, you probably can see some of these people play at venues around the Super Bowl on the week of the game. There are so many parties and events that surround the game.

AC/DC? Just say no. I love AC/DC (favorite group in fact), but you go to an AC/DC concert to watch Angus play live.

If the requirements for a halftime show are:

• International appeal
  • Young listeners
  • Prerecorded music

Then LMFAO or the chubby Korean guy (Psy?) would have been better choices.

Or let's go with people who know are all about playing prerecorded music "live": Mophead (Skrillex) or Deadmau5

IMHO, I would like to see Rodrigo Y Gabriela play. But it will never happen. Not flashy enough.

Could be Santana with a few special guests singing!

And to the Poster that said he LOVES LOVES LOVES Tom PEtty but called his SB performance sad? WTH??? Petty was one of the best performances in the History of the SB. Problem with Petty is that he is Petty! Never promoting himself. He and his band just let the music do the talking! ( Cue in an arrogant lead man named BONO who is everywhere and anywhere with his stupid sunglasses )

Edited by curitiba

Um, You eat dinner during the Super Bowl? Like a proper meal at the table?

You don't have beers, wings, pizza, chips, dips, meatballs, ribs, burgers, and hotdogs going throughout the game at a Super Bowl party?

Not the past several years. Just the wife and I. We do snacks during the game then chili dogs during halftime. Yeah in front of the TV but trust me, my food is way more entertaining than any of the halftime crap that they've put up recently.

Could be Santana with a few special guests singing!

And to the Poster that said he LOVES LOVES LOVES Tom PEtty but called his SB performance sad? WTH??? Petty was one of the best performances in the History of the SB. Problem with Petty is that he is Petty! Never promoting himself. He and his band just let the music do the talking! ( Cue in an arrogant lead man named BONO who is everywhere and anywhere with his stupid sunglasses )

That would be me.

Maybe it was the beer, but I remember his act was aged and old.

We had an extended joke for most of the night. Tom petty and the ambulance chasers. Then someone would say no, it was Tom Petty and the burial preparers. We would change it to reflect old age. Tom petty and the cardiac arrests.

I like U2. However their music is going downhill. Kinda like depeche mode. Great band but on a downslide with each album.

Rush. At the very least, they'll play a live show and not lip synch. And they play a good live show.

Only problem is that you'd have two thousand nerdy guys on the field air-drumming to Neil Peart. And they'd be forced to play Tom friggin' Sawyer. But I can live with that.