Concerts

Gugny

Two questions:

1. Who did concert did you see in concert that you were happiest that you saw them before it was too late (before they died, or split up due to death - one of these circumstances must apply)?

2. Who do you wish you would have seen prior to their death, that you could have, but just never got around to it?

I'll go first.

1. Queen

2. Stevie Ray Vaughn

Love, love, love this topic, i am gonna keep it within my lifetime, and gonna give multiple answers

1.) Queen, SRV, Zappa, Warren Zevon

2.) Beatles(hoping to see Macca before it's too late), Bob Marley, ELP(still hope for this, have seen E & L, seen P never together), Original Genesis

1. Rage against the machine- what a freaking concert so much energy!

2. Pink Floyd - I've seen waters but man oh man do I wish I could have caught the whole group together. Srv would have been really cool and on a lesser known note Luther Allison is one I wish I would have caught.

Pooj made a great point. Question 2 has to be answered with a band you would have feasibly been able to see.

For instance, the Beatles broke up when I was in utero, therefore I couldn't put them.

Try to keep it to one artist/band for each, too. Makes it harder and more thought-provoking.

Have fun!

Edited by Gugny

1. Allman Brothers with Duane. Two weeks after this concert Duane was killed in a motorcycle accident. As a

side note, Luther Allison was the warmup performer for this concert.

2. tie between Genesis with Peter Gabriel and Jimi Hendrix.

1. Tony Bennett (while sitting at the bar with my wife at the House of Blues in LA...best seats I've ever had to any concert) and BB King, because no matter what you think you know about him, seeing him play live is absolutely breathtaking.

2. Frank Sinatra...with and without the rest of The Rat Pack.

Old lollapalooza w a ton of other huge acts. Rockingham NC iirc.

Ramones/Metallica/Soundgarden also there.

I've seen them 3 times (I thought it was 4 but can't remember where the 4th was!) Woodstock 99, in Toronto for the Battle of Los Angeles tour and in NYC for a reunion Rock the Bells concert. Each time they were absolutely amazing. I would love to get a chance to see them again!

1. Allman Brothers with Duane. Two weeks after this concert Duane was killed in a motorcycle accident. As a

side note, Luther Allison was the warmup performer for this concert.

2. tie between Genesis with Peter Gabriel and Jimi Hendrix.

Wow that must have been a heckuva concert!!! As I stated earlier I would have loved to have seen him. Unfortunately by the time I discovered his music he had already passed.