What did we get for Marshawn Lynch?

Whitner, Lynch, Winfield, Peters, Pat Williams...an unending list of quality players that we let walk for nothing or almost nothing. Byrd will be on that list soon. We sign FA's that play like puke and have to draft over and over again to replace quality players that we let walk. We are consistently below the cap so this all hangs on the front office.

You're forgetting Levitre!! We got nothing for him!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know the Lynch pick was one made on the insistence of Ralph Wilson? Maybe they old fart knew more than we give him credit for?

PTR

No, we give him full credit for running a franchise at just above .400 winning percentage after 53 complete seasons.

and to the O.P. - We got 2 draft picks for an average running back that seems to run into more people than any running back I have ever seen. Enough of the marshawn lynch nonsense, he only looks good because they have a very good offensive line and a very good QB. When he was here, he averaged just less than 4 YPC, was a moron, and in all honesty, was nowhere near a better player than Fred Jackson.

I don't care what he does for the rest of his career, I think Fred jackson alone should be the answer to your question, we got Fred Jackson to watch the last few years instead of that idiot, and Fred has played at a near league MVP at times, where Marsha has had a fancy run here and there.

so to sum up: We got to enjoy Fred Jackson instead of a brainless thug.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

Marshawn Lynch was 2 law infractions and suspension in Buffalo. Nobody wanted to pony up for him, and it was the fans that ran him out of town because Buffalonain's don't like players who can't keep their **** together.

As for Peters. He was a dick and I still glad we got rid of him. Byrd is not worth $9 mil a season either. Winfield and Pat Williams are 2 players that we should of kept. But Lynch and Peters both deserved the boot and those decisions where the right decisions when they made them. Lynch for having off field issues. and Peters for just being a greedy Eugene Parker douche bag

No, we give him full credit for running a franchise at just above .400 winning percentage after 53 complete seasons.

and to the O.P. - We got 2 draft picks for an average running back that seems to run into more people than any running back I have ever seen. Enough of the marshawn lynch nonsense, he only looks good because they have a very good offensive line and a very good QB. When he was here, he averaged just less than 4 YPC, was a moron, and in all honesty, was nowhere near a better player than Fred Jackson.

I don't care what he does for the rest of his career, I think Fred jackson alone should be the answer to your question, we got Fred Jackson to watch the last few years instead of that idiot, and Fred has played at a near league MVP at times, where Marsha has had a fancy run here and there.

so to sum up: We got to enjoy Fred Jackson instead of a brainless thug.

Agree and isn't Lynch one dumb move from a years suspension? And hasn't he already made that dumb move?

We got fair market value for him at the time. Do you know what Baltimore got for Anquan Boldin? A 6th rounder. We have CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson and of the 2-3 best running games in the league and Baltimore was unable to replace Boldin. So the Ravens must be an even more awful franchise than the Bills.

Agree and isn't Lynch one dumb move from a years suspension? And hasn't he already made that dumb move?

DUI is a drug strike. As his last suspension was for conduct not DUI/drugs it likely wont be a year. if the arrest with guns and drugs in the car counted as the first drug strike, this should be the second and a 4 game situation.

Marshawn Lynch was 2 law infractions and suspension in Buffalo. Nobody wanted to pony up for him, and it was the fans that ran him out of town because Buffalonain's don't like players who can't keep their **** together.

As for Peters. He was a dick and I still glad we got rid of him. Byrd is not worth $9 mil a season either. Winfield and Pat Williams are 2 players that we should of kept. But Lynch and Peters both deserved the boot and those decisions where the right decisions when they made them. Lynch for having off field issues. and Peters for just being a greedy Eugene Parker douche bag

You sound exactly like me.... common sense. We had no way in knowing he'd finally grow up a little, and Peters was a bum.

Only reason I was ok with trading lynch is because it was becoming obvious he was never going to re-sign here and he kept getting into trouble. better to get something for him than nothing. Otherwise, it is an annoying move and I can't wait until he retires and I dont have to see him anymore to remind me.

How easy it is for people to forget that Lynch was actually really damn good in his first two seasons. In his second season (2008), Pro Football Focus ranked him the sixth best RB in the league. He had 1336 total yards, 47 receptions, and 9 TDs in 15 games that year. In his rookie year, he had 1115 rushing yards in only 13 games (that's 1372 yards over 16 games). He only fumbled twice in each of his first two seasons.

He'll be 28 in April, so he probably has three good years left. At 1200 rushing yards per year (slightly below his current rate), that gets him to 11,000 lifetime, which will put him at about 20th all time. Also, if he keeps up his current pace albeit with a slight dropoff,he'll end up with 90-95 TDs (10th all time for rushing TDs and 25th all time for overall TDs).

He'll be 28 in April, so he probably has three good years left. At 1200 rushing yards per year (slightly below his current rate), that gets him to 11,000 lifetime, which will put him at about 20th all time. Also, if he keeps up his current pace albeit with a slight dropoff,he'll end up with 90-95 TDs (10th all time for rushing TDs and 25th all time for overall TDs).

id be amazed if he had 3 years left, but admittedly, thought his bad back would cause him more trouble than it has given his workload.

id be amazed if he had 3 years left, but admittedly, thought his bad back would cause him more trouble than it has given his workload.

Tough to tell with RBs, obviously. They can fall off the cliff very quickly. A player very similar to Lynch in oh so many ways really began to decline in production after year 8 of his career. Lynch just finished year 7.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DillCo00.htm

Still, Dillon had a terrific career overall.

Tough to tell with RBs, obviously.

and physically speaking, lynch has been proven to be a bit freakish in the beating he sustains and keeps on running - so who knows. it just seems at some point the number of hits he takes will catch up.... i mean, it has to, right?

as you said though, tough to tell.

The Lynch trade comes up every time Seattle makes some noise. But the Lynch trade might not be the worst all-time for the Bills, not even close. For old-timers (sorry for that label guys) who lived through the AFL days trading Daryle Lamonica to the Raiders might be remembered as the worst trade ever. Lamonica finished his career with a 90% winning percentage, highest in the history of pro football.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

im surprised the photos of him in the "**** you" hoody arent getting play here yet.

again, still not sure what to make of this "grown up" lynch. plays well but in the sake of honesty, im not sure we are certain some of those past troubles are really behind him

Edited by NoSaint

and the Saints said they woulda gave up at least a 3rd if they knew he was available :wallbash: .

Don't buy that for a minute- the fricken announcers during the Green Bay bilz game where lynch got loads of touches, said "buffalo appears to be showcasing lynch for a possible trade"

I mean come on. Weren't there four rb's on the roster?

Problem with lynch was his stock was down. Hit and run in Canada and them a drug/gun related arrest in California were looming large at that time. And there was reason to believe the pattern could continue and knock him out of the game.

Add to it Chan wanted to feature a greyhound instead of a Clydesdale at running back.

Glad lynch apparently got his act together, understand reality of the trade and at least in my view, would like to see them go back towards that type of running back again...

Until Seattle wins a Super Bowl with Lynch than who gives a bleep. We did give up on him early but at the rate he was getting in trouble he was bound for a suspension. Seattle's locker room probably has better leadership around it, and when you win consistently guys normally don't fall into the trap of ahhh we suck who cares what we do off the field....