Former Buffalonians or snow birds

billsfan_34

This morning was a great example of why you guys left or at least for tne winter. We got blasted with 6 inches of snow in about 2 hours right before rush hour. On the back side 40 mph winds. Getzville to dyouville on the west side 2 hours its norm 25 minutes. Upon arrival home the good old tasty treat in the bottom of the driveway awaited me. Im not complaining, I chose to come back after I retired. Im just helping you feel better about your decision. And Gary G from the Brandon Backers this especially goes for you!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning was a great example of why you guys left or at least for tne winter. We got blasted with 6 inches of snow in about 2 hours right before rush hour. On the back side 40 mph winds. Getzville to dyouville on the west side 2 hours its norm 25 minutes. Upon arrival home the good old tasty treat in the bottom of the driveway awaited me. Im not complaining, I chose to come back after I retired. Im just helping you feel better about your decision. And Gary G from the Brandon Backers this especially goes for you!

I couldn't see the house across the street. Worst blowing snow I have ever seen.

now imagine that happening in Northern Virginia.

multiply that commute by 4

i do not miss it, but for what it is worth, it just goes to the character of buffalo people. we all can recite how the snow accumulation in our particular new environs makes us shake our heads because of how the locals deal with snow.. but it sure seems like this one has been a bad one this year in my beloved hometown.

i do not miss it, but for what it is worth, it just goes to the character of buffalo people. we all can recite how the snow accumulation in our particular new environs makes us shake our heads because of how the locals deal with snow.. but it sure seems like this one has been a bad one this year in my beloved hometown.

From childhood to now this is by far the worst winter I have ever rembered.

This morn was a great example of why you guys left or at least for tne winter. We got blasted with 6 inches of snow in about 2 hours right before rush hour. On the back side 40 mph winds. Getzville to dyouville on the west side 2 hours its norm 25 minutes. Upon arrival home the good old tasty treat in the bottom of the driveway awaited me. Im not complaining, I chose to come back after I retired. Im just helping you feel better about your decision. And Gary G from the Brandon Backers this especially goes for you!

I work out at chestnut ridge park and the entire drive from amherst to OP i was using the force.. just guessing and hoping I was still driving on the road. But I love it and wish it was worse...

From childhood to now this is by far the worst winter I have ever rembered.

Were you here for the 7 feet? I would say those couple days were way worse than this entire winter combined.

I work out at chestnut ridge park and the entire drive from amherst to OP i was using the force.. just guessing and hoping I was still driving on the road. But I love it and wish it was worse...

Were you here for the 7 feet? I would say those couple days were way worse than this entire winter combined.

sure was as a matter of fact. We got that in 4 days it started xmas eve morning. That one was rough for sure. But the shear bitter cold and wind chills in my opinion trump that. Im looking at the longivity of it. Edited by billsfan_34

People here in Atlanta have been complaining about how cold it has been this winter. We have had a couple of days of single digits when we woke up.

There is a 50% chance of some snow tomorrow afternoon, people are already panicking.

Problem is in these southern cities they have no equipment, nor should they, to deal with the snow. The roads here also are not anywhere near as laid out as Buffalo.

Hope you guys thaw out quick!

People here in Atlanta have been complaining about how cold it has been this winter. We have had a couple of days of single digits when we woke up.

There is a 50% chance of some snow tomorrow afternoon, people are already panicking.

Problem is in these southern cities they have no equipment, nor should they, to deal with the snow. The roads here also are not anywhere near as laid out as Buffalo.

Hope you guys thaw out quick!

Believe it or not we have the same problem in Columbus, yet we get snow every winter! Still not prepared, not enough plows, and no one knows how to drive in it. For someone from Bflo, it is very frustrating.