Time For A Tea Party Thread

3rdnlng

The growth of the Latino vote in key states. What is the Tea Party going to do(ha ha) to attract these voters?

http://www.washingto...m-in-one-chart/

Texas is going purple

It's narrow-minded of the left to think of the Latino vote as breaking straight Dem in the years to come. Just because the black vote mostly votes as a Dem block doesn't mean that the Latino vote will.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's narrow-minded of the left to think of the Latino vote as breaking straight Dem in the years to come. Just because the black vote mostly votes as a Dem block doesn't mean that the Latino vote will.

I like the way you think and I hope the Republicans/Conservatives continue to think that way. Slipping away...

The Sleeping Giant! http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/09/politics/latino-vote-key-election/

The Party of hateful talk radio, Rush Limbo and anti-immigration zealots isn't going to attract Latinos anytime soon. Or women for that matter. BTW, why do you guys scare off the women? Who'd want to be in a party with fewer women?

"The sleeping giant has awoken: Latinos not only helped Obama win in key battleground states, but they made up 10% of the electorate for the first time ever.

Latinos, the fastest growing minority, making up 16% of the nation's population, made their mark on election night as they voted for President Barack Obama over Republican Mitt Romney 71% to 27%, a lower percentage than Republican candidates have received in in the last three elections.

At 27% this year, Romney's Latino support is dramatically lower than former President George W. Bush's support in 2004, which was 44%, and Arizona Sen. John McCain's 31% in 2008, according to exit polls. The lowest percentage of Latino voters won by a Republican was in 1996, when Bob Dole garnered only 21% of Latinos compared with then-President Bill Clinton's record 72%.

In 2008, Obama received 67% of the Latino vote. Latinos made up 9% of the electorate in 2008 with 19.5 million people eligible to vote. Today, there are nearly 24 million Hispanics eligible to vote. The number of registered Latinos has increased by 26% in the last four years to 12.2 million, according a report by the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials."

Republicans have never in the last 40 years received the majority of vote from Latinos, even after Reagan provided amnesty.

The dems will (most likely) proclaim another "nail in the T.E.A. Party coffin, and "proof that you can run on Obamacare" with their spin later tonight after the Jolly-Sink special election results. Ms. Sink, the dem candidate is favored

Never mind that.......................................

*Alex Sink is the bigger name, as a gubernatorial candidate in 2010 who won 47.7 percent of the vote in a year when Republicans did fantastically well across Florida. She’s been elected statewide, as chief financial officer of Florida in 2006 with 53.5 percent of the vote.

*Her Republican opponent, David Jolly, has never run for office before. He was counsel to the previous congressman from this district, the late Bill Young, and spent several years as a lobbyist.

*Sink’s campaign is raising and spending way more money than Jolly’s campaign.

*Obama won this district, 50 percent to 49 percent, in 2012.

*SmartPolitics notes that women candidates are twice as likely to win in a special election compared to a regular November election.

*There’s a Libertarian candidate, Lucas Overby, polling at 4 to 7 percent, and one poll had him at 12 percent.

Nope. I'm sure media stories proclaiming this "huge victory" are already written

and if by some chance Mr. Jolly wins, well.............we can always blame something else besides the administration's policies......lol

Republicans have never in the last 40 years received the majority of vote from Latinos, even after Reagan provided amnesty.

But they get a decent percentage (unlike the black vote) and if they ever want to win an election again, they better figure out how to court that vote.

Or they can just go on antagonizing the fastest growing voting demographic because that seems to be a good political strategy.

But they get a decent percentage (unlike the black vote) and if they ever want to win an election again, they better figure out how to court that vote.

Or they can just go on antagonizing the fastest growing voting demographic because that seems to be a good political strategy.

How exactly are they antagonizing Latinos?

You're right to quibble with that word. A better choice of phrase would have been "Or they can just go on adopting stances that upset the fastest growing voting demographic because that seems to be a good political strategy."

I'm talking here about playing the political game, not the idealistic one. But the Republicans immigration policy pisses off Latinos and would not come at a high cost--if they stand tough on that, they will lose a lot of major elections in the years to come.

You're right to quibble with that word. A better choice of phrase would have been "Or they can just go on adopting stances that upset the fastest growing voting demographic because that seems to be a good political strategy."

I'm talking here about playing the political game, not the idealistic one. But the Republicans immigration policy pisses off Latinos and would not come at a high cost--if they stand tough on that, they will lose a lot of major elections in the years to come.

It just pisses many of us off that in order to win future elections they'll have to pander to a demographic that has ignored our immigrations laws for decades.

It just pisses many of us off that in order to win future elections they'll have to pander to a demographic that has ignored our immigrations laws for decades.

Not really.................that is just the "squeaky wheel syndrome" of the media.

Those Latino's (and others) promoting amnesty are given the megaphone by a willing media.

As Mr. Adams points out, the "latino bloc" is not really as monolithic as portrayed. Many believe in following the legal immigration path.

However, the GOP does a poor job of declaring their policies...............and it's just a given, that it will be distorted most times anyway.

That is frustrating.

Not really.................that is just the "squeaky wheel syndrome" of the media.

Those Latino's (and others) promoting amnesty are given the megaphone by a willing media.

As Mr. Adams points out, the "latino bloc" is not really as monolithic as portrayed. Many believe in following the legal immigration path.

However, the GOP does a poor job of declaring their policies...............and it's just a given, that it will be distorted most times anyway.

That is frustrating.

Regarding the highlighted part above. You obviously don't live in a border state.

And I think the GOP has done a decent job declaring their policy. Do a better job of protecting our borders first, then we'll talk about immigration reform.

I get that, I really do. The problem is that this is a critical bloc to the GOP and it's slipping away. If they lose it completely or even to the extent they lost it in 2012, they are screwed.

No one said 100% of Latino's will vote Dem. you are assuming too much.

this is just one state, you have many more in the same boat.

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-neutralize-immigration-election-issue-124405514--election.html

among a few vulnerable Republican members in line to be targeted by immigrant rights advocates if the House doesn't pass an immigration bill before the November election that would offer legal status to millions of people who entered the U.S. illegally or overstayed their visas

Regarding the highlighted part above. You obviously don't live in a border state.

And I think the GOP has done a decent job declaring their policy. Do a better job of protecting our borders first, then we'll talk about immigration reform.

Declaring Policy and voting on a solution and getting it passed are 2 different things.

They can talk the talk, but they have to walk the walk.

Protecting the borders ??? Last I heard - the Illegal / undocumented immigration rates have been dropping.

http://news.yahoo.com/illegal-immigration-drops-decade-long-rise-050220584.html;_ylt=A0LEVz_eLB9TD2YATn5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzcWgxM3BnBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM3NF8x

I'm talking to the adults. You can go back to the kid's table.

Who or what are you? There are some strange and not very intelligent people around here but you seem the strangest and close to the least intelligent. Kind of remind me of a spider

Ask the 70% that voted for Obama that question. Opposition to amnesty probably would be a place to start though

Pete Wilson Pete Wilson...stay that course!

I remember when GW Bush won the governorship of Texas, he had the support of a large segment of the Texas latino vote. it was the same when he was reelected for a second term. his social policies as governor weren't really much different than they were after he became president. the latino voting bloc tends to be pretty conservative in many ways - almost all are catholic, many very staunch in their belief that abortion is wrong and very strong on the importance of family. the immigration issue is where the republicans continue to lose latino support. personally I don't see how the republicans stand much of a chance by fighting that issue in the manner that they do. if I was a republican and I was running for national office, I would do my best to emphasize that it is not truly an issue about immigration - if it were, we would have advocates for eurpoeans, africans, and asians pushing the issue as well. I would turn the discussion of immigration reform to include people from across the globe who wish to come here and not make it a latino/hispanic issue at all.

another thing that doesn't seem to be being taken into account is the fact that all the american states that border Mexico used to be mexican territory and are populated with latinos descended from indigineous mexicans. right or wrong, many in the latino community view the republican stance on illegal immigration to be an intentional impediment to people of the same culture, ethnicity, and family ties to live and move freely amongst themselves.

I see the immigration issue as it stands as being both a losing prospect for republicans and an exclusionary one by the democrats. if the republicans were smart, they would find a way to shift the word 'immigration' to mean what it means in the true sense - as applying to people from all over the world who wish to be a part of the united states, like it used to mean. then we could have an honest discussion about streamlining the immigration process for everyone and nobody would be treated unfairly.

Who or what are you? There are some strange and not very intelligent people around here but you seem the strangest and close to the least intelligent. Kind of remind me of a spider

Ask the 70% that voted for Obama that question. Opposition to amnesty probably would be a place to start though

Pete Wilson Pete Wilson...stay that course!

What is your position on the La Raza movment's stance that the United States having any immigration laws, at all, is a violation of the basic Human Rights of Mexicans, and their desire for what is essentially a "right of return" to US territory that was, at any historical point, under Mexican rule?

So keeping immigration laws as they are is antagonistic? Try looking at from another angle. The reason they voted Obama and dems is because they're being pandered to. That's great.

What is your position on the La Raza movment's stance that the United States having any immigration laws, at all, is a violation of the basic Human Rights of Mexicans, and their desire for what is essentially a "right of return" to US territory that was, at any historical point, under Mexican rule?

Now, now, now, gator doesn't like being asked questions.

I don't have a position on that issue. Never heard of it

So keeping immigration laws as they are is antagonistic? Try looking at from another angle. The reason they voted Obama and dems is because they're being pandered to. That's great.

Are you saying they are all stupid? Or don't understand their own interests?

Are you saying they are all stupid? Or don't understand their own interests?

No I think the only one that is stupid in this coversation is you. Look up the word pander. :doh:

I don't have a position on that issue. Never heard of it

Look it up and get back to us. Where do you live BTW? Oh no!! Another mean, evil question.

Jesus.

Go look how Obamacare is polling with Latinos, compare that to whites....

...and then throw out that "Demographics means Democrats can't lose" nonsensical book that was wrtten 10 years ago. :rolleyes:

That book didn't take into account something some have always known, and some, like 1st generation Latino business owners are learning:

"If you want something done right, put the far-left in charge of doing this opposite"

In this case, if my goals were

1. Permanently destroy Universal Healthcare, the idea, in the minds of the USA

2. Drive a permanent wedge between Democrats and Latinos(who are the fasest growing, and growing means: starting firms, working in new firms)? What on God's green earth makes a Latino business owner, dealing with Obama's Minimum Wage economy, and Obamacare, any different than any other new business owner?

then

I can't think of a better way than Obamacare.

The good news? Per the adage? I didn't have to think of my own way to accomplish 1 and 2, the far-left have seen to that for me.

Edited by OCinBuffalo