Time For A Tea Party Thread

3rdnlng

Incorrect.

Yes you can. I bet you can't turn on a rap song that has the hard r in it in a positive sense.

It is a horrible thing to call another person.

Again, this does not happen. This is an old-white-man myth or misunderstanding depending on the situation.

AH the all purpose old white man thing! If only they where gone! Son of a B word I never heard !@#$ on a rap song. Or a 9. Do you know what a 9 is cracker?

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AH the all purpose old white man thing! If only they where gone! Son of a B word I never heard !@#$ on a rap song. Or a 9. Do you know what a 9 is cracker?

I don't even know how to read most of the sentence you typed. "If only they where gone!" Who? Old-white men? If that's the point you thought I was making then maybe you need to ease off the weed. Paranoia is getting ya good.

Incorrect.

Yes you can. I bet you can't turn on a rap song that has the hard r in it in a positive sense.

It is a horrible thing to call another person.

Again, this does not happen. This is an old-white-man myth or misunderstanding depending on the situation.

Oh Jesus. Not this nonsense.

You know what else is a myth? The intellectual legitimacy of rap. Another myth? That anyone using the word above at all isn't double dealing, in every aspect of their lives, worse than John Stewart, the "take me seriously until I get caught saying something stupid, and then, I'm just a comedian" guy.

Finally the biggest lie of them all: that anyone who draws these distinctions, and enables the double dealing, is being intellectual, and not merely being a fan boi, who's so afraid of being "uncool" that he would blow a rapper before he would ever question the rationale.

It's hilarious: we have this entire new wave of PC people...who are the polar opposite of Rock and Roll...and they will only make themselves worse, the more they push conformity with the rapper's "right" to be a d-bag.

It's exactly like dealing with Morrissey fans.

Oh Jesus. Not this nonsense.

You know what else is a myth? The intellectual legitimacy of rap. Another myth? That anyone using the word above at all isn't double dealing, in every aspect of their lives, worse than John Stewart, the "take me seriously until I get caught saying something stupid, and then, I'm just a comedian" guy.

Finally the biggest lie of them all: that anyone who draws these distinctions, and enables the double dealing, is being intellectual, and not merely being a fan boi, who's so afraid of being "uncool" that he would blow a rapper before he would ever question the rationale.

It's hilarious: we have this entire new wave of PC people...who are the polar opposite of Rock and Roll...and they will only make themselves worse, the more they push conformity with the rapper's "right" to be a d-bag.

It's exactly like dealing with Morrissey fans.

The king of saying nothing has spoken. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on a subject no one is talking about.

The king of saying nothing has spoken. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on a subject no one is talking about.

Whatever. You know damn well what I'm talking about.

You know so well, that this nigga vs. the other is what you'll be talking about at your next Morrissey show. Or, is it your next conversation at Starbucks? :lol:

You = "I'm so rock and roll, check me out supporting double standards as societal norms, and for my next topic: social engineering" :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Whatever. You know damn well what I'm talking about.

Actually I don't. You're talking about the "intellectual legitimacy of rap" for some unknown reason and then Chuck Norris-ing it into a diatribe about how Rock N Roll rules, Hip Hop drools and somehow slamming hipsters and Starbucks in the process.

I'd be impressed with your bullshiit-dexterity if it weren't so vapidly off topic and short-bus endorsed.

You = "I'm so rock and roll, check me out supporting double standards as societal norms, and for my next topic: social engineering" :lol:

I don't support the double standards of the word which is why I personally use neither. But I understand that there is a large segment of society who do believe there is a difference between the two words and if LA wanted to make an honest point he'd use the correct word. But he didn't use the correct word because LA knew what he was doing when he posted what he did.

Just like I did when I posted what I did.

I don't even know how to read most of the sentence you typed. "If only they where gone!" Who? Old-white men? If that's the point you thought I was making then maybe you need to ease off the weed. Paranoia is getting ya good.

Look "Greggy" Faggot name if I ever heard one. You where the one that brought up "old white men" as a demeaning phrase. Why not "young black man" as a given racist? Or a killer? You "progressives" are the worst racists I have ever seen.

Actually I don't. You're talking about the "intellectual legitimacy of rap" for some unknown reason and then Chuck Norris-ing it into a diatribe about how Rock N Roll rules, Hip Hop drools and somehow slamming hipsters and Starbucks in the process.

I'd be impressed with your bullshiit-dexterity if it weren't so vapidly off topic and short-bus endorsed.

Oh I'm sorry, I gave you credit for being smarter, and apparently cooler, than you actually are. My mistake.

You don't realize the implications of the word, in the context of history, and how it's "transformation" is actually just a giant load of BS, wrapped in "identity studies" faux intellectual papers.

Carry on.

I don't support the double standards of the word which is why I personally use neither.

Speaking of contradiction...now you do see that there are intellectual implications here?

Hmm. You do realize that you're going to have to make up your mind at some point, preferably before this thread hits page 2 status, right?

But I understand that there is a large segment of society who do believe there is a difference between the two words and if LA wanted to make an honest point he'd use the correct word. But he didn't use the correct word because LA knew what he was doing when he posted what he did.

Just like I did when I posted what I did.

Ah, so now it's LA being intellectually dishonest?

You are just the innocent bystander. And of course, the intellectual legitimacy of rap remains...unchallenged, because you are a Morrissey fan, through and through, and that's because you still don't want to be "uncool".

:lol:

Look "Greggy" Faggot name if I ever heard one. You where the one that brought up "old white men" as a demeaning phrase. Why not "young black man" as a given racist? Or a killer? You "progressives" are the worst racists I have ever seen.

The hate is strong in you. So much so, you see it where it doesn't exist. "demeaning phrase"? No, accurate. There was no slander intended but it's a fact, more often than not, white men of a certain age have a different understanding of black culture than white folk of the younger generation. Why? Because rap and hip hop did not exist when they were growing up.

So at least LA has an excuse. You on the other hand, well you're just a hateful bigot. But go on telling us all how much you don't hate gays. It's wonderfully convincing.

Oh I'm sorry, I gave you credit for being smarter, and apparently cooler, than you actually are. My mistake.

You don't realize the implications of the word, in the context of history, and how it's "transformation" is actually just a giant load of BS, wrapped in "identity studies" faux intellectual papers.

:lol: :lol:

Speaking of contradiction...now you do see that there are intellectual implications here?

Hmm. You do realize that you're going to have to make up your mind at some point, preferably before this thread hits page 2 status, right?

Ah, so now it's LA being intellectually dishonest?

I never said LA was being intellectually dishonest. I said he used the word he wanted to use to provoke a response -- the one he got from me. I fell for it, knew it going in and STILL fell for it.

Like you fell for mine. (oooh! I did what you always claim in your posts only I did it better)

You are just the innocent bystander. And of course, the intellectual legitimacy of rap remains...unchallenged, because you are a Morrissey fan, through and through, and that's because you still don't want to be "uncool".

:lol:

The intellectual legitimacy of rap remains ... unchallenged.

Who else, other than you, are challenging it in this conversation?

Oh wait... I know! I know! No one! :lol:

Edited by GreggyT

So you are trolling, then, making the same point over again?

I don't think that's doing it right.

You can't seem to connect: the standing "argument" for why nigga is Ok, for African Americans, yet not OK for others, is intellectual in nature. It relies on historical context, juxtaposed against the current "street" context, and is therefore described as a badge of honor of sorts.

This is phony intellectual, humblebrag nonsense. It's about as believeable as me using the word: juxtaposed. :lol:

Look: You don't see Polacks running around calling themselves Polax. It's as simple as that.

(Although, using that term in the context of a Pole Axe would be pretty cool for Polish American nerds. And a bunch of Polish guys starting a band called Poleax...is probably as metal as they are going to get.)

(And, if you don't think Morrissey is being used here, intentionally, against a poster who purports to be a Hollywood writer, then, again, I've overestimated your ability.)

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The hate is strong in you. So much so, you see it where it doesn't exist. "demeaning phrase"? No, accurate. There was no slander intended but it's a fact, more often than not, white men of a certain age have a different understanding of black culture than white folk of the younger generation. Why? Because rap and hip hop did not exist when they were growing up.

So at least LA has an excuse. You on the other hand, well you're just a hateful bigot. But go on telling us all how much you don't hate gays. It's wonderfully convincing.

I never said LA was being intellectually dishonest. I said he used the word he wanted to use to provoke a response -- the one he got from me. I fell for it, knew it going in and STILL fell for it.

Like you fell for mine. (oooh! I did what you always claim in your posts only I did it better)

The intellectual legitimacy of rap remains ... unchallenged.

Who else, other than you, are challenging it in this conversation?

Oh wait... I know! I know! No one! :lol:

Oh Yeah it's just us old white guys that don't like rap. And BTW you never answered my question about why "9" is so prevalent in rap "music." I will give you a little bit to look it up so you can claim the high ground.

Oh Yeah it's just us old white guys that don't like rap. And BTW you never answered my question about why "9" is so prevalent in rap "music." I will give you a little bit to look it up so you can claim the high ground.

Where did I say old white guys don't like rap? I swear, the only thing on your body smaller than your mind is your genitalia.

You can't seem to connect: the standing "argument" for why nigga is Ok, for African Americans, yet not OK for others, is intellectual in nature.

Oh, no, you are quite mistaken. I can connect those things. But that topic has nothing to do with any of what I've said. It's not even the same sport.

Oh, no, you are quite mistaken. I can connect those things. But that topic has nothing to do with any of what I've said. It's not even the same sport.

Right, just like zone defense has nothing to do with football, because zone defense has to do with basketball.

And, now we see that you weren't trolling, after all, huh?

Gee.........I guess all (Texas) Latino's don't vote in lockstep.

Wendy Davis’ filibuster against late-term abortion ban repels Texas Hispanics.

by Michael Barone

Davis won the Democratic primary easily, by a 79 percent to 21 percent margin over Reynaldo “Ray” Madrigal, who spent little or no money and had no perceptible name identification.
Yet Davis lost 26 of Texas’ 254 counties to Madrigal, mostly heavily Hispanic counties in the Rio Grande Valley.
They included the largest county in the Lower Rio Grande, Hidalgo, as well as Webb County, centered on the biggest U.S.-Mexican border truck crossing, Laredo. Seventeen of these counties voted for President Obama in 2012; indeed they constituted 17 of the 26 Texas counties he carried. Also, zero Democratic votes were cast in 20 counties, and in two counties, Davis and Madrigal were tied.

These numbers point to the conclusion that Davis’ stand on the abortion issue, wildly popular among the Democrats’ feminist left, is significantly unpopular among many Texas Hispanic voters — most of them probably Catholic, but including a significant number of evangelical and pentecostal Protestants. National Democratic strategists may hope that Davis can build a Texas majority on a feminist-black-Hispanic base. But that Hispanic base looks shaky. What enthuses one part of a party’s constituency can antagonize another part. This is true of Republicans as well as Democrats. But when you start out in the minority, as Democrats do in Texas, splitting your party base is dangerous.

Gee.........I guess all (Texas) Latino's don't vote in lockstep.

Wendy Davis’ filibuster against late-term abortion ban repels Texas Hispanics.

by Michael Barone

Davis won the Democratic primary easily, by a 79 percent to 21 percent margin over Reynaldo “Ray” Madrigal, who spent little or no money and had no perceptible name identification.
Yet Davis lost 26 of Texas’ 254 counties to Madrigal, mostly heavily Hispanic counties in the Rio Grande Valley.
They included the largest county in the Lower Rio Grande, Hidalgo, as well as Webb County, centered on the biggest U.S.-Mexican border truck crossing, Laredo. Seventeen of these counties voted for President Obama in 2012; indeed they constituted 17 of the 26 Texas counties he carried. Also, zero Democratic votes were cast in 20 counties, and in two counties, Davis and Madrigal were tied.

These numbers point to the conclusion that Davis’ stand on the abortion issue, wildly popular among the Democrats’ feminist left, is significantly unpopular among many Texas Hispanic voters — most of them probably Catholic, but including a significant number of evangelical and pentecostal Protestants. National Democratic strategists may hope that Davis can build a Texas majority on a feminist-black-Hispanic base. But that Hispanic base looks shaky. What enthuses one part of a party’s constituency can antagonize another part. This is true of Republicans as well as Democrats. But when you start out in the minority, as Democrats do in Texas, splitting your party base is dangerous.

it's like I said in my post #355:

' the latino voting bloc tends to be pretty conservative in many ways - almost all are catholic, many very staunch in their belief that abortion is wrong and very strong on the importance of family.'

Austin has a lot of the characature leftists that would be likely to support Davis, but the bulk of democrats in the state tend to be social conservatives, at least with regard to abortion and family. the national media seem to think that Texas is on the verge of becoming a 'purple' state, but the truth is that Texas is still far from it.

it's like I said in my post #355:

' the latino voting bloc tends to be pretty conservative in many ways - almost all are catholic, many very staunch in their belief that abortion is wrong and very strong on the importance of family.'

Austin has a lot of the characature leftists that would be likely to support Davis, but the bulk of democrats in the state tend to be social conservatives, at least with regard to abortion and family. the national media seem to think that Texas is on the verge of becoming a 'purple' state, but the truth is that Texas is still far from it.

What percentage voted for Obama?

I don't know offhand. are you talking 2008 or 2012? probably about the same percentage as voted for GW Bush....twice.

So you admit you are ignorant about what you are trying to talk about? And BTW, you are wrong by a mile. No surprise

You must think a lot of yourself to think any of us read your ****. :D

Back on point, my stance on immigration shouldn't be viewed in a vacuum; where it wouldn't make sense.

It should be viewed as a part of my larger philosophy, which seeks structural reforms of our entire system, including eliminating many state functions, and huge budget cuts; and incorporates meritocracy, and the concept of greatly expanded "defensive borders" and total war.

Well, I am pleasantly surprised to have been wrong

Republican Jolly wins Fla. congressional race

http://bostonherald....gressional_race

I guess that I over-rated the DNC declaration "we can't afford to lose this special election" & trotting in Dollar Bill Clinton to support Ms. Sink.

Mr. Jolly is a conservative and ran as such..............in a fairly close district.

I cannot wait for November.

It should be very worrisome to Democrats that their household name candidate, outspending her unknown opponent 8-1, in an election featuring a strong libertarian candidate drawing votes away from the Republican challenger, in a district that went handily for the President; couldn't manage a plurality of the votes in her election.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker