Time For A Tea Party Thread

3rdnlng

Without commenting on any specific poster on this board, to say that "we conservatives" do this...shows ample cool-aid on your part. Most "conservatives" cannot see that they--as a group--as partisan as the dems in much the same way that dems can't see how racist many of them are.

Really, anyone who group-identifies is partisan to some significant degree.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, anyone who group-identifies is partisan to some significant degree.

Really anyone who hates democrats or republicans the way most on this board do are partisan to a significant degree.

Without commenting on any specific poster on this board, to say that "we conservatives" do this...shows ample cool-aid on your part. Most "conservatives" cannot see that they--as a group--as partisan as the dems in much the same way that dems can't see how racist many of them are.

So, conservatives cannot feel the same way about certain issues without being labeled as Kool-Aide embibers? I for one have conservative values that herald conservative fiscal policies along with adherence to the constitution and a strong military. Although I'm personally against abortion it is the law of the land and I think that it is a personal and private decision. I wish that some of my fellow conservatives would shut up about the social aspects, but since we are not clones of each other that is not possible. You may want to paint us all the same but that is not the case. I would say that the vast majority of conservatives stand on principle, not party. Also, a shout out to the libertarians who are the soul of the conservative movement while we that claim conservatism for our own are the worker bees.

Tea Party Still Winning GOP Debate

By Chuck Todd

FIRST THOUGHTS.

Why the Tea Party is still winning:

Yes, some of the more prominent establishment Republicans (John Cornyn, Pete Sessions, Greg Abbott) won their primaries on Tuesday. And, yes, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell seems well positioned to win his in May. But if you want to see signs that the Tea Party is winning right now -- and that McConnell and other Senate Republicans facing primary challenges possibly will have to fight for their political lives -- just look what has transpired over the past week. While Cornyn won his primary and avoided a run-off, 41% of Texas Republicans still voted for someone else, including Rep. Steve Stockman, who ran a non-existent campaign (can you run a NON-campaign?). In other words, more than 4 in 10 GOP voters broke against the No. 2 Senate Republican, even though he hasn’t committed any ideological offenses (other than recruiting Charlie Crist for the Senate in 2009). Then look at the other results from Texas: The VERY conservative Dan Patrick seems poised to become the state’s next lieutenant governor, and a handful of incumbent GOP state legislators lost to primary challengers. And then yesterday, we saw McConnell raise a rifle at CPAC, suggesting that he needed a stunt to win over the conservative crowd. (The New York Times’ Jonathan Martin speculated that McConnell brought a gun, in part, because that would preempt any boos from the audience.)

And why GOP incumbents are going to have to fight tooth and nail to hold on to their jobs:

More at link:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/tea-party-still-winning-gop-debate-n46871

So, conservatives cannot feel the same way about certain issues without being labeled as Kool-Aide embibers? I for one have conservative values that herald conservative fiscal policies along with adherence to the constitution and a strong military. Although I'm personally against abortion it is the law of the land and I think that it is a personal and private decision. I wish that some of my fellow conservatives would shut up about the social aspects, but since we are not clones of each other that is not possible. You may want to paint us all the same but that is not the case. I would say that the vast majority of conservatives stand on principle, not party. Also, a shout out to the libertarians who are the soul of the conservative movement while we that claim conservatism for our own are the worker bees.

All fine and good, so long as you understand there are a great many Americans who could write a similar paragraph describing themselves including why they believe in progressive policies. Also, you are a kool-aide drinker b/c of the fetish you have for mindless group-think/knee-jerk reactions to what the progressives attempt to do. It really is that simple...don't feel bad though you aren't B-Man...he drinks so much kool-aide he serves it to others daily.

Edited by SameOldBills

All fine and good, so long as you understand there are a great many Americans who could write a similar paragraph describing themselves including why they believe in progressive policies. Also, you are a kool-aide drinker b/c of the fetish you have for mindless group-think/knee-jerk reactions to what the progressives attempt to do. It really is that simple...don't feel bad though you aren't B-Man...he drinks so much kool-aide he serves it to others daily.

I don't like the "progressive" agenda. I make up my own mind on things. I've been this way before the creation of Fox News so you can stick your holier-than-thou, check which way the wind blows attitude up your pretentious ass.

This is so funny! The freak show known as the GOP presidential primary is just getting started! Get your popcorn ready!

http://www.washingto...60b9_story.html

26 candidates?

I don't remember the last time I saw progressives this worried about a midterm election that was still a full eight months out.

What could have you so scared?

I mean, the economy is going great. No. Wait...

Well, unemployment keeps going down. No. Wait.

Well, Obamacare is a success! No. Wait.

Well, the rest of the world is at peace and totally working with us! No. Wait.

I'm sure there's something worth talking about. Just gimme a sec.

What a Difference a Year in the Life of Ben Carson Makes

by Tim Cavanaugh

Leftwing racists are attacking Johns Hopkins University physician Ben Carson, who delivered a crowd-pleasing speech Saturday at the Conservative Political Action Conference.

The indispensable Twitchy Team collects many jaw-dropping assaults on Carson as a thinker, a professional, a leader, an American, and a human being.

Carson is an “Uncle Tom,” tweets self-described comedian Laura Levites.

{snip}.........Many more bigot examples listed at the link

bencarsonsmallseries_0.jpg

The high toxicity of progressive venom may be partly explained by Carson’s personal history. Though few Americans may have been aware of Carson prior to his breakthrough speech in the presence of President Obama at a 2013 prayer breakfast, fewer still thought of him as a political player in any regard.

Carson pointed out Saturday that three signers of the Declaration of Independence were physicians — but it’s clear the leftists attacking him are not overly concerned about his skill in operating, literally, on people’s brains. The embrace between Carson and the Republican Party since the prayer breakfast has been mutual and rapid enough to come as a shock to progressive bigots.

In retaliation they have subjected Carson to a string of small-bore sitzkriegs such as a petition demanding that he not give a Johns Hopkins commencement address. These are unlikely to hurt Carson’s standing as either a public figure or potential politician. If they had a case against Carson, the Democrats wouldn’t be going straight to the whip.

Democrats and liberals preach tolerance. ...but only to causes they agree with.

that's because they're not free-thinkers. they need to be led, which is why they worship a centralized authority that imposes itself upon the citizenry. they emphasize race by categorizing minorities because they believe minorities are incapable of succeeding on their own.

I'm sorry. I thought I asked for a link to the reform plan that is supported 100 % by the Republicans.

You know damn well that the aforementioned "Latino vote" was in reference to them wanting a better path to citizenship for the illegals, some of which may be their family members.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever