Add a couple players and Bills=Seahawks

Let's be real people, this Bills team is a lot closer to being like the Seahawks than people may realize. Offensively, the only additions we need is on the Oline. We are comparable everywhere else. The bigger needs are on the defensive side of the ball. First we need to sign Jairus Byrd, then I feel our DBs are on that level. If the Bills can get Khalil Mack and add more young depth to the LB and Dline we will have a DOMINANT defense.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You declined to mention the two biggest things they have that we don't.

A good qb and an unlimited supply of adderall.

So after a partial season you've already determined that EJs a bust?

This is a coincidence. I was about to come here and ask, "Are the Bills closer to being the Seahawks or Broncos?" My position was that we're getting to Seahawks territory, and I looked on PFF Signature Stats for some numbers.

Pass Offense: Seahawks 6th, Bills second to last.

Pass Blocking: Seahawks 9th from last, Bills 12th.

Rush Offense: Seahawks 2nd, Bills fifth to last.

Run Blocking: Seahawks 10th from last, Bills 8th from last.

Okay, offense so not so much, but the defenses are closer:

Overall D: Seahawks 1st, Bills 4th.

Run Defense: Seahawks 6th, Bills 4th.

Pass Rush: : Seahawks 1st, Bills 8th.

Pass Cover: : Seahawks 1st, Bills 5th.

Special Teams: Seahawks 6th, Bills 2nd worst.

All Right; I laughed. :w00t:

No, but he's not a good qb right now and not comparable to Russell Wilson as per the op's post.

I understand, but even as good as Wilson is our offense is certainly close to being capable of putting together as many points as they produce. Wouldn't you agree?

Let's be real people, this Bills team is a lot closer to being like the Seahawks than people may realize. Offensively, the only additions we need is on the Oline. We are comparable everywhere else. The bigger needs are on the defensive side of the ball. First we need to sign Jairus Byrd, then I feel our DBs are on that level. If the Bills can get Khalil Mack and add more young depth to the LB and Dline we will have a DOMINANT defense.

I just dont see it. Theres something to be said about coaching and about having an attitude. Having the confidence of a winner. It goes beyond simply plugging in a player or two.

I dont see it. Not with this coaching staff. Hope im wrong. Being like the hawks would be my dream.

I understand, but even as good as Wilson is our offense is certainly close to being capable of putting together as many points as they produce. Wouldn't you agree?

You might be right. I agree with those who say that this was the most talented Bills team in a while and definitely was capable of making the playoffs this season and maybe even making some noise once there.

But they were severely hampered by bad qb play. When you can have good days offensively with Thad Lewis and Jeff tuel as your starting qbs, you know you have some talent on that side of the ball.

It just sucks that in what some people consider the ultimate team game, one position can make or break your team almost no matter how good the rest of the squad is.

Wilson > Manuel (at least right now ... hopefully that changes)

Lynch > Spiller and Jackson

Seattle OLine > Bills OLine

Seattle WR > Bills WR (again, at least right now)

So no, I wouldn't agree. Next year, who knows.

This is a coincidence. I was about to come here and ask, "Are the Bills closer to being the Seahawks or Broncos?" My position was that we're getting to Seahawks territory, and I looked on PFF Signature Stats for some numbers.

Pass Offense: Seahawks 6th, Bills second to last.

Pass Blocking: Seahawks 9th from last, Bills 12th.

Rush Offense: Seahawks 2nd, Bills fifth to last.

Run Blocking: Seahawks 10th from last, Bills 8th from last.

Okay, offense so not so much, but the defenses are closer:

Overall D: Seahawks 1st, Bills 4th.

Run Defense: Seahawks 6th, Bills 4th.

Pass Rush: : Seahawks 1st, Bills 8th.

Pass Cover: : Seahawks 1st, Bills 5th.

Special Teams: Seahawks 6th, Bills 2nd worst.

All Right; I laughed. :w00t:

Are you sure you have your stats correct? There is no possible way the Bills rushing offense was 5th to last. They were ranked 5th most of the season. And how was the Bills run D ranked 4th?

Edited by ko12010

No, but he's not a good qb right now and not comparable to Russell Wilson as per the op's post.

Do me favor, go take a look at Wilson's stats from the first half of his rookie season.

Report back with how unimpressive they were.

He was brought along slowly like EJ. The big difference is he didn't miss valuable time to injury.

Don't settle for what the Bills are. Let's not play the justify game. They are a 6-10 team for the 3rd straight year. The Seahawks are better everywhere. EVERYWHERE! They have 4 consistent playmakers on defense in Wagner, Sherman, Chancellor and Thomas and that's not even getting into their pass rushers. They have an excellent QB who clearly "gets it", a dominant running game, under rated WRs and good special teams.

Do the Bills show flashes. Yes. Are they consistent anywhere? You tell me.

I agree with you and had the same thought while watching the game. Wilson is not playing like an elite QB, he is a good QB, but looked a bit like EJ yesterday (floating balls, etc.) In his defense, he did have a defense in his face all game. Even Brady looked terrible yesterday against a good D. Given the way the draft will likely fall, I'd prefer an instant impact player on D like Mack, Mosley or Barr than an O-lineman.

Don't settle for what the Bills are. Let's not play the justify game. They are a 6-10 team for the 3rd straight year. The Seahawks are better everywhere. EVERYWHERE! They have 4 consistent playmakers on defense in Wagner, Sherman, Chancellor and Thomas and that's not even getting into their pass rushers. They have an excellent QB who clearly "gets it", a dominant running game, under rated WRs and good special teams.

Do the Bills show flashes. Yes. Are they consistent anywhere? You tell me.

Well said. Saying we're a couple of players away from being the seahawks is a slap in the face to the hawks. They win and dominate defensively. We lose and get dominated.

This has been a process for the hawks. They didnt become this good overnight, nor will we.

Where is the adderall coming from that they have an unlimited supply? Not sure that can give advantages, would seem caffine would be better (fewer side effects).

I will say that I hope Richard Sherman does not find this thread! haha.

:wacko:

while the Bills are adding a couple of players......so are the 31 other teams.

the ONLY way to leap frog those other teams is to get a FRANCHISE QB.

EJ is NOT a bust.....he's just not a franchise QB....heck, he isn't even mediocre yet (ranked 29th).....if things go his way, he will crack the Top 20.

I just dont see it. Theres something to be said about coaching and about having an attitude. Having the confidence of a winner. It goes beyond simply plugging in a player or two.

I dont see it. Not with this coaching staff. Hope im wrong. Being like the hawks would be my dream.

Pretty true.

I hope you're wrong too, but Marrone and Carroll are on opposite ends of whatever chart we're using here.

the Seahawks play with an attitude that they are going to kick your ass all over the field..offensively and

defensively..We dont..big difference!

Until then we are just another average to below average team.The 49ers do the same thing, that is why

that game was so fun to watch.It pains me to see Marshawn doing what he did here for them.Changed their

whole offense.Plus their wideouts are nonames who make big time plays(paying attention woods and goodwin)

Fun team to watch! they will give the broncos all they can handle.