Add a couple players and Bills=Seahawks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be real people, this Bills team is a lot closer to being like the Seahawks than people may realize. Offensively, the only additions we need is on the Oline. We are comparable everywhere else. The bigger needs are on the defensive side of the ball. First we need to sign Jairus Byrd, then I feel our DBs are on that level. If the Bills can get Khalil Mack and add more young depth to the LB and Dline we will have a DOMINANT defense.

Ok, given the title of the thread, perhaps I should not have read past "let's be real people". Has a more ironic clause ever started a sentence before?

Those Bills D numbers are wind aided by playing in the AFC (East, no less). Other than the Miami game, I don't really recall seeing our D play with this kind of intensity very often this season.

Tehir secondary is vastly better than ours. Byrd is the only comparable player. Sheppard and their 3rd string CB are much better than Leodis and Gilmore. And Chancellor is orders of magnitude better than A Williams.

If the Bills played in the NFCW, no one would be comparing our D with that of Seattle, or SF, or AZ for that matter.

Are you sure you have your stats correct? There is no possible way the Bills rushing offense was 5th to last. They were ranked 5th most of the season. And how was the Bills run D ranked 4th?

Statistically the Bills do better than they really are. This is PFF watching every single play of every single game and grading teams/individuals out. They note, for example, that Spiller bounces outside even when the hole next to Wood was the better option.

Let's be real people, this Bills team is a lot closer to being like the Seahawks than people may realize. Offensively, the only additions we need is on the Oline. We are comparable everywhere else. The bigger needs are on the defensive side of the ball. First we need to sign Jairus Byrd, then I feel our DBs are on that level. If the Bills can get Khalil Mack and add more young depth to the LB and Dline we will have a DOMINANT defense.

puff puff pass whatever it is that you are smoking

I really liked the Marrone hire when it was made but I was not impressed by what I saw this year and have serious concerns about him now

Edited by Max997

I think we actually had one of those 2 players - Marshawn Lynch. And we had a shot at another - Russell Wilson.

C'mon, now. If you think winning is solely about a player here or a player there, you're missing something huge. The organization and the culture upon which it is built. Until and unless this organization proves it can rethink the way it does things for the better, we're going to be stuck with marginal improvements and rehiring coaches.

One or two players? I'm optimistic - but try one or two seismic mind shifts.

Charles

I understand, but even as good as Wilson is our offense is certainly close to being capable of putting together as many points as they produce. Wouldn't you agree?

No way.

Nathaniel Hackett cannot coach a pro offense. -Period.

On the sideline, or up in the booth. The snot-nosed kid of former pro OC Paul Hackett attempts to impress his peers with the sheer amount of plays he can draw up, never admitting the fact that most of them don't work. FYI, He can't mold a young talent like EJ, either. I realized that when players like Chris Hogan and TJ Graham made the final roster. Guys who can't get open, can't catch, or both... Great gift for your rookie QB! :thumbsup:

Btw, I'll gladly take all that back if Hackett proves me wrong next season. However if things go as I suspect, EJ won't look better, TJ and Hogan will still be on the roster, and we won't be able to score points. I caught hell a few weeks back by suggesting we tap Frank Reich as OC.. -Choruses of "He's not an OC!" rained down from the box seats. Lo and behold the FO of the team that employed him saw fit to make that move.

Hack was a bad choice... If we have a top rated offense with him at the helm next season, I'll eat all the crow tar-tar anyone can supply.

Edited by #34fan

No way.

On the sideline, or up in the booth. The snot-nosed kid of former pro OC Paul Hackett attempts to impress his peers with the sheer amount of plays he can draw up, never admitting the fact that most of them don't work. FYI, He can't mold a young talent like EJ, either. I realized that when players like Chris Hogan and TJ Graham made the final roster. Guys who can't get open, can't catch, or both... Great gift for your rookie QB! :thumbsup:

Btw, I'll gladly take all that back if Hackett proves me wrong next season. However if things go as I suspect, EJ won't look better, TJ and Hogan will still be on the roster, and we won't be able to score points. I caught hell a few weeks back by suggesting we tap Frank Reich as OC.. -Choruses of "He's not an OC!" rained down ffrom the box seats. Lo and behold the FO of the playoff team that employed him saw fit to make that move.

Hack was a bad choice... If we have a top rated offense with him at the helm next season, I'll eat all the crow tar-tar anyone can supply.

I completely agree on Hackett

Well said. Saying we're a couple of players away from being the seahawks is a slap in the face to the hawks. They win and dominate defensively. We lose and get dominated.

This has been a process for the hawks. They didnt become this good overnight, nor will we.

All it take is a couple of players! Denver probably wouldn't be in SB without Peyton!

the Seahawks play with an attitude that they are going to kick your ass all over the field..offensively and

defensively..We dont..big difference!

Until then we are just another average to below average team.The 49ers do the same thing, that is why

that game was so fun to watch.It pains me to see Marshawn doing what he did here for them.Changed their

whole offense.Plus their wideouts are nonames who make big time plays(paying attention woods and goodwin)

Fun team to watch! they will give the broncos all they can handle.

It's hard to carry that "kick your ass" attitude when you know you are deficient in areas. It's like trying to drive through 3 feet of snow in a Ferrari, but if you had a Dodge Ram with a Hemi you'd tell the snow to kiss your arse. Fred and CJ are a great one two combo and can produce an adaquate run attack. You can have all the self confidence and attitude in the world, but if you are lacking you're lacking.

Do me favor, go take a look at Wilson's stats from the first half of his rookie season.

Report back with how unimpressive they were.

He was brought along slowly like EJ. The big difference is he didn't miss valuable time to injury.

What are you talking about? The original post was about how we are comparable to the Seahawks right now save for a few positions. QB was not mentioned. I said that as of right now, Wilson is a decidedly better QB than Manuel. Not sure where the confusion is.

Wilson > Manuel (at least right now ... hopefully that changes)

Lynch > Spiller and Jackson

Seattle OLine > Bills OLine

Seattle WR > Bills WR (again, at least right now)

So no, I wouldn't agree. Next year, who knows.

Fred Jackson is still better than Lynch. That fact hasn't changed since Lynch was drafted.

I'd take our WRs over theirs any day of the week. Stevie is better than anyone on Seattle.

They have the far superior QB and better coach. That's the difference.

No way.

Btw, I'll gladly take all that back if Hackett proves me wrong next season. However if things go as I suspect, EJ won't look better, TJ and Hogan will still be on the roster, and we won't be able to score points. I caught hell a few weeks back by suggesting we tap Frank Reich as OC.. -Choruses of "He's not an OC!" rained down from the box seats. Lo and behold the FO of the team that employed him saw fit to make that move.

Be honest. How much better do you think the Bills could have done with whoever you're thinking of as the OC. Whether its Frank Reich or whoever.

Remember who he was working with at QB. Manuel, Lewis, Tuel. Just let that sink in. And then remember, that this team put up almost 500 yards of offense on the Chiefs, and took the Bengals to OT, among other games.

I watched the games, just as you did I'm sure. I saw TJ Graham open all season long on go routes, but without a QB who could get him the ball. He's not as bad as everyone here thinks.

This season was such a wasted opportunity. They really were just a decent QB from being a good team.

Lol. Seahawk receivers and QBs are not on the sideline laughing while getting blown out by the patriots in the 3rd quarter of week 17. We have a LONG way to go. And a couple players are not what it is. Watch how bad those teams on Sunday want to win. Listen to Tom Brady's interview today. That's how far away we are. We are the Bills Jags Dolphins browns for a reason. They hire Pete Carroll who wins 12 games a year in college. We hire Marrone!?!! A coach who has gone 8-5 in a ****ty conference?

Brandon spikes gets put on IR in the PLAYOFFS for beig late. We bench Dareus for 2 quarters after he has done it twice? That's accountability if I've every seen it. Lol

Don't kid yourself. We are farrr away. We have a HC who keeps a ST coordinator who has been nothing short of a joke. His OC is a 33 year old kid who is nothing short of average and Un imaginative he thinks the read option is a valid NFL offense. How much read option did you see in the playoffs? We drafted a QB that everyone though was a project before the 3 THREE knee injuries. Stop kidding yourself

These threads upset me.

It's hard to carry that "kick your ass" attitude when you know you are deficient in areas. It's like trying to drive through 3 feet of snow in a Ferrari, but if you had a Dodge Ram with a Hemi you'd tell the snow to kiss your arse. Fred and CJ are a great one two combo and can produce an adaquate run attack. You can have all the self confidence and attitude in the world, but if you are lacking you're lacking.

Na you dont get it.Seattle plays with an attitude that the Bills used to play with.Seattle goes out and gets players who play

with that same attitude (ala Lynch). The last time we played with that attitude was when Wade coached and we had flutie who Wislon

is a clone of. Our D was scary.We have players now but no attitude....big difference...Big job for whaley as it was for schneider

when he took over seahawks.The seahwawks went after Lynch like a dog in heat because he fit what they were trying to build. They

called every day.Follow the plan and we can do the same.Our players dont play or hit like Seattle, we dont steamroll opponents or out

physical them.Some day we will and then we will be back in the playoffs

I love fred jackson he's the heart and sole of this team. but he is not a better rb than lynch. period. better pass catcher and/or pass protector maybe. but pure runner lynch is 2nd to AP. if we cudve kept marshawn and cj we would be in much better shape rite now . imagine how easy it wud be for spiller to hit a homerun when lynch has been punching the d in the mouth

Wilson > Manuel (at least right now ... hopefully that changes)

Lynch > Spiller and Jackson

Seattle OLine > Bills OLine

Seattle WR > Bills WR (again, at least right now)

So no, I wouldn't agree. Next year, who knows.

agreed. but you left out a few important ones:

seattle db's>bills db's

pete carroll>>>marrone

Allen>>>>>>>>>ralph wilson

Edited by birdog1960