I love watching Lil Donte Whitner get exposed

Every Big game he gets exposed for his horrible coverage skills. He is always a half of step behind. He nearly single handily cost them the conference championship against the Falcons last year and in my estimation was one of the big reasons they lost the Super Bowl. Teams seem to know to go after him in the playoffs.

The only thing that gets him to the pro bowl is his big mouth. I'll never forget him getting absolutely truckd by Sammy Morris against New England. If anyone has a clip of that it would be great. So here's to you Lil Donte for being a failure at the game of football and costing your team many more games!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is such a joke. I wouldn't mind him if he just kept his mouth shut. But he talks like he's some hall of fame safety. Meanwhile, the niners have desperately tried to replace him, and have instead managed to mask him.

He's just a very average safety with a big ego. If I had to choose between him and say a guy like Searcy, I would take Searcy. Whitner would be the 4th safety on our team.

Every Big game he gets exposed for his horrible coverage skills. He is always a half of step behind. He nearly single handily cost them the conference championship against the Falcons last year and in my estimation was one of the big reasons they lost the Super Bowl. Teams seem to know to go after him in the playoffs.

The only thing that gets him to the pro bowl is his big mouth. I'll never forget him getting absolutely truckd by Sammy Morris against New England. If anyone has a clip of that it would be great. So here's to you Lil Donte for being a failure at the game of football and costing your team many more games!

Loser, get over it. Donte is in the playoffs, and you live in Buffalo. Who has the better life?

Donte? You probably have a better life, but how embarrassing was it getting smoked on that Kearse TD? Looks like your teammates are kinda frustrated with you.

If you mean the 4th and 7 play, that wasn't DW on Kearse. I thought he played pretty well today.

If you mean the 4th and 7 play, that wasn't DW on Kearse. I thought he played pretty well today.

Whatever man. I honestly don't care that much about Donte. He is a loud mouth, egomaniacle d-bag (i.e. the whole name change thing), but I don't have his picture on my dart board or anything. I was actually glad to see him leave Buffalo. Because of his "antics," but largely because of his poor play. I wish him the best.

Oh yeah, and he clearly missed his assignment on that Kearse TD. Did you not watch him jogging 5 yards behind the play? Did you not see his teammate criticizing him for said missed assignment?

I always found the Whitner hatred on here odd. People lump him in with Maybin. One is a starter that has been to the Pro Bowl on an elite defense that has played in the Super Bowl. The other is in the CFL. Whitner is a pretty good NFL player. He probably shouldn't have went 8th but the Bills have taken much worse players in the 1st round in the last decade (Mike Williams, Losman, Aaron Maybin, McCargo). That doesn't even account for bad 2nd round picks like Torrell Troupe.

I know that the guy has a big mouth but so do lots of defensive backs. I never understood why people hated him but gave guys like McCargo a pass? Whitner is a decent NFL player playing a crucial role on a championship contender. It's time to get over it and start worrying about the guys playing on this team that is 6-10 every year.

Yeh that's the game I watched. But in general I was talking about how everygame I watch with him he is a HUGE liability in coverage and not great against he run. Always taking bad angles.

Yet he starts on a top five NFL defense that's been in three straight NFC Championship Games and one Super Bowl. What do the 49ers see that you don't?

You have no idea what you're taking about Golden Girl.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I don't understand bashing former Bills for not playing well in a championship game. It has literally been a quarter of a century since the Bills had a player suck in an AFC Championship game (Ickey Shuffle). This Whitner bashing is just a mask for the jealousy that some feel.