Titans Hire Ken Whisenhunt as New Head Coach

Ken Whisenhunt accepts job as Tennessee Titans coach

Ken Whisenhunt didn't have to wait long to get a new job.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Whisenhunt haaccepted the job as the Tennessee the Titans new coach, according to a source. The news comes only 24 hours after the San Diego Chargers' season ended in Denver. Whisenhunt was the Chargers' offensive coordinator for one season.

Whisenhunt was the head coach of the Arizona Cardinals for six years from 2007-2012, taking them to a Super Bowl after the 2008 season. We'll have more on this story throughout the day on NFL.com and NFL Network.

Our local news here in Tn just reported it... Your fast!

26 is the best. His is the first name I look for here or over at the Scott's Sabre sight for the latest and greatest news. Our esteemed local media should be as efficient.

GO BILLS!!!

Wonder what happened with Whisenhunt to Detroit. It was being reported as all but a done deal before today. Something must have gone down, cuz on paper, Detroit is a much better situation to go to than Tennessee, in my opinion. Hmmm... sounds like Frank Reich is the favorite to replace Whisenhunt as OC in San Diego.

He's a retread.. Not to mention the Cards were pretty bad his last couple seasons in charge. If I were a Titans fan, I'd be pissed my this move.

I think retreads are back in style this offseason.

lovie, whiz got jobs; looks like Jim Caldwell and munchak will get offers too.

Jay gruden looks like he will be the most glamorous hire.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

Come next season if the Titans & Bucks finish with a record better than the Bills do it will say a lot about the exhaustive search that the Bills FO did for our HC .

It will just prove especially if Lovie takes the Bucks to the play offs because he was VERY interested in the Bills job that Russ Brandon should stick to baseball & advertisement where his strong suits are & not try to run a NFL franchise .

If we don't make it to the play offs in our second year it will confirm to me if no one else that this was a homer hire !

Because this year the first year NFL HC's like SanDiego's coach, Philly's coach, had a play off season so it can be done if you know what your doing .

If in one season next year the Bucks ,Titans, Browns, & others with new coaching staffs turn their teams around in that first season & especially the coaches we passed on to get Marrone if we don't make it to the play offs will just confirm the ineptness of the Bills FO meaning Brandon !!

Edited by T master

Yea... I wanted Lovie and if the Buccs immediately improve as much as I think they will (NFC South gonna be one hell of a division next year) then I'll be pretty gutted we didn't go down that road. Having said that I'm higher on Marrone now than I was at the start and maybe with the right moves this off-season we will be much improved too.

He's a retread.. Not to mention the Cards were pretty bad his last couple seasons in charge. If I were a Titans fan, I'd be pissed my this move.

Yeah, they should be pissed; why hire a guy who has NFL head coaching experience and took his team to the super bowl? What are they thinking? Much better to hire a guy like Marrone out of a mediocre college program, who can learn on the job.

Don't care about the retread stuff, but I think he called a terrible first half against the Broncos. Basically spotting Peyton 17 points. Far too conservative