Titans Hire Ken Whisenhunt as New Head Coach

I'm going to predict Derek Carr doesn't get past TN. The Wiz needs a big arm QB & I doubt he's betting his coaching career on Jake Locker suddenly finding a way to stay healthy. And Fitz doesn't have the arm for that offense.

Edited by Rob's House

Surprised he chose Titans over Lions. No QB.... pretty average talent across the board, the Chris Johnson issue of sign/don't sign.... a division that has been dominated by Indy and Houston for the last decade or more.

Andy Levitre. 'Nuff said.

GO BILLS!!!

Surprised he chose Titans over Lions. No QB.... pretty average talent across the board, the Chris Johnson issue of sign/don't sign.... a division that has been dominated by Indy and Houston for the last decade or more.

That's a good point. I wonder if he was offered total control over personnel-- I heard that's what the Titans were going to give Munchak if he stayed. That is a pretty attractive offer.

That's a good point. I wonder if he was offered total control over personnel-- I heard that's what the Titans were going to give Munchak if he stayed. That is a pretty attractive offer.

It's an interesting dynamic. While I'd want the caliber of coach that warrants that offer, I don't want a coach that has that power.

It's an interesting dynamic. While I'd want the caliber of coach that warrants that offer, I don't want a coach that has that power.

You got that right. It seldom works out for HCs that have total control over personnel. Especially in today's specialized age.

GO BILLS!!!

Good. Hopefully that will keep Pettine here in Buffalo for another year. I really thought he would at least get some interviews for HC jobs.

I would have been surprised if he did attract so much as an interview at this point. A D-coordinator without prior HC experience really needs to put a dominant unit on the field. Our defense just isn't a dominant one.

He's got us on the right track though.

GO BILLS!!!

Yep - Leinart didn't like him. If I were Matty L, I wouldn't be burning bridges.

maybe LineArt should do some soul searching and ask himself who's fault it really was. Like say some racy party pictures? And whats his excuse with his next team(s)?

Leinart, the 2004 Heisman Trophy winner at USC and No. 10 pick by Arizona in the 2006 NFL draft, has been out of a job since the Oakland Raiders didn't re-sign him after last season. He worked out for the Seattle Seahawks in April, but they instead signed Brady Quinn to back up Russell Wilson.

Leinart entered the NFL in a good situation. He played 12 games for Arizona in 2006, completing 56.8% of his passes for 2,547 yards and 11 touchdowns with 12 interceptions. He sprained his shoulder late that season and broke his collarbone the next season, losing his job to Kurt Warner. He played four games in 2008 and eight in 2009 and was released before the 2010 season.

Rang said he thought Leinart had a chance to succeed in the NFL despite his limitations, but Leinart's development stalled.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/aug/21/sports/la-sp-0822-elliott-matt-leinart-20130822