Grab List for DraftTek

Astrobot

In preparing our Mock Draft for this coming week, I've been asked which players to "Grab" if they are still there at Pick 9. The ORDER of how you list them determines the order in which the computer checks them. If they're there, the computer assigns the player to the Bills.

This is my current grab list, in updated order. I'll change this until Sunday Night at 9 pm EST then submit it "as is" to DraftTek:

Grabs (In Priority Order:

3 Buffalo Grab Sammy Watkins Clemson WRF 6'1" 205 1
8 Buffalo Grab Greg Robinson Auburn ROT 6'5" 320 1
7 Buffalo Grab Mike Evans Texas A&M WRF 6'5" 225 1
5 Buffalo Grab C.J. Mosley Alabama ILB 6'2" 232 1
6 Buffalo Grab Khalil Mack Buffalo OLB34 6'2" 244 1
9 Buffalo Grab Eric Ebron North Carolina TE 6'4" 245 1
4 Buffalo Grab Blake Bortles UCF QB 6'3" 230 1
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]10 Buffalo Grab Derek Carr Fresno State QB 6'3" 212 1[/background][/font][/color]

Won't Be There:

1 Buffalo Grab Jadeveon Clowney South Carolina OLB34 6'5" 272 1

2 Buffalo Grab Anthony Barr UCLA OLB34 6'3" 238 1

Removed:

11 Buffalo Grab Jace Amaro Texas Tech TE 6'5" 257 1

12 Buffalo Cyrus Kouandjio Alabama ROT 6'5" 312 1

13 Buffalo Grab Darqueze Dennard Michigan State CB

Edited by Astrobot

for discussion purposes...here is Kiper's latest Big Board:

#1- Jadeveon Clowney DE

#2- Anthony Barr OLB

#3- Jake Matthews OT

#4- Greg Robinson OT

#5- Khalil Mack OLB

#6- Sammy Watkins WR

#7- Eric Ebron TE

#8- Teddy Bridgewater QB

#9- Blake Bortles QB

#10- Timmy Jernigan DT

#11- Taylor Lewan OT

#12- Johnny Manziel QB

#13- C.J. Mosley LB

#14- Marqise Lee WR

#15- Mike Evans WR

http://insider.espn....ebuts-big-board

I'd take Evans, Robinson, Ebron, Amaro, and Yankey off the list (or move them to the end).

I think #9 is too high for any of those guys since they could probably swing a trade and pick one of them up later in the first.

I don't know if DraftTek takes those types of scenarios into consideration, and I'm not saying those players suck or will be busts, etc. I just think it doesn't make sense to take any of them at #9.

Get bortles and Carr out of consideration and we are ready to roll.

Gotta patch up wr and OL first IMO. Nab a qb later or go all on next year if EJ regresses.

Would you like to see RT Greg Robinson, RT, added back in? Some drafts have him in top 6.

I can remove players we wouldn't take at Pick 9, and take players off that I think would never fall to Pick 9 (Clowney for example).

Doing That Now.

id pull the qbs. any real reason not to include the higher prospects though? may as well come up with a top 9 ranking and thats the final list of guys.

id pull the qbs. any real reason not to include the higher prospects though? may as well come up with a top 9 ranking and thats the final list of guys.

Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest my opinion represented all Bills fans' nor that those players are undraftable.

I agree, can we come up with a more or less consensus Top 9 and then take the 9th best prospect in our collective opinion?

1. Bridgewater

2. Manziel

3. Clowney

4. Watkins

5. Mack

6. Mosely

7. Barr

8. Bortles

9. Carr

10. Dennard

11. Benjamin

12. Matthews

13. Robinson

14. Kouandjio

15. Martin

16. Lee

17. Ebron

18. Amaro

19. Lewan

20. Evans

That's my quick and dirty top 20 board FOR THE BILLS. By no means is that a mock and I wouldn't argue with anyone bumping up or knocking down any player by a few slots.

Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest my opinion represented all Bills fans' nor that those players are undraftable.

I agree, can we come up with a more or less consensus Top 9 and then take the 9th best prospect in our collective opinion?

honestly, probably even higher if we dont include qbs. odds are wed end up with someone 2-3 slots above 9th on our list, if not more based on how the draft shakes out.... but you could include the qbs and just know 9 would be the lowest that it goes for us.

Edited by NoSaint

the last drafttek mock looked good and id be happy with the first 2 picks

1.mike evans-we need a big WR and he looks to be the part

2eric ebron-he falls to the second and that would be a steal

be a pretty crazy draft for us. i would be happy with sammy watkins too i really like him so him or mike evans

Get bortles and Carr out of consideration and we are ready to roll.

Gotta patch up wr and OL first IMO. Nab a qb later or go all on next year if EJ regresses.

all on next year . unless. skip qb this year. but be very prepared to throw All the beans in next draft if this season shows poorly.

Ebron Cyrus . mmm trade back

Sure. Him and Jernigan.

Don't wanna go Defense but Jernigan could shore things up

85 bears style !

My personal vote would go to Watkins(by a ton), followed by Mosley or BAMA OL starts with a k at 9.

Kouandjio.

Anybody else want Jernigan at 9? He's not in the DraftTek Top 20, I'll say that.

I have put Robinson back in. Because of his versatility, I'd have him over some of the other OL guys.

My early predictions are still about the same...

In no order of preference whatsoever...One of these players will be with the Buffalo Bills by the end of Round #1 2014...

Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Eric Ebron, Kelvin Benjamin...

Just a reminder...I'm always right... :P

Edited by KOKBILLS

I figure Bills will take a LB in first.

Has anyone seen all three of Mack, Barr and Mosely play? If so, which would be your choice?

I haven't watched any of them play a down.

Barr is more of a pure edge rusher. Mosely and Mack are far more versatile IMO. Mosely has the size edge over Mack and has played against stiffer competition, but also has injury concerns.

I'd take Mack but that might be the homer in me as I'm a UB grad.

Barr is more of a pure edge rusher. Mosely and Mack are far more versatile IMO. Mosely has the size edge over Mack and has played against stiffer competition, but also has injury concerns.

I'd take Mack but that might be the homer in me as I'm a UB grad.

Thanks. That's pretty well what I've read too. Obviously, you've seen Mack...what about the others?

I figure Bills will take a LB in first.

Has anyone seen all three of Mack, Barr and Mosely play? If so, which would be your choice?

I haven't watched any of them play a down.

I would agree with Uncle Flap. I think that Mack is the most complete, Mosely feels solid but he doesn't jump off the screen like Mack. Barr is more of a rusher and a freak athlete. He feels a little boom or bust to me. I think that Barr and Mack have similar ceilings (higher than Mosely IMO). Mack and Mosely also have higher floors.

I would agree with Uncle Flap. I think that Mack is the most complete, Mosely feels solid but he doesn't jump off the screen like Mack. Barr is more of a rusher and a freak athlete. He feels a little boom or bust to me. I think that Barr and Mack have similar ceilings (higher than Mosely IMO). Mack and Mosely also have higher floors.

Thanks. We definitely don't want another Maybin, right? :D

but we may want a matthews or orakpo or someome like that........

Why?

The Bills already have Hughes and Lawson on the outside, and they want to move Kiko to the weak side...Hughes is playing that hybrid 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE in Passing situations, basically rushing the QB most of the time...IMHO the Bills will be looking for a stuffer on the inside first and foremost, and not a hybrid on the outside... B-)

Thanks. That's pretty well what I've read too. Obviously, you've seen Mack...what about the others?

I've seen the least out of Barr, but he didn't really make those awesome "splash" plays that jump off the screen like Kirby alluded to Mack doing. He's certainly good, but like KOK said, I don't think it's a god idea to spend that high of a pick on a guy that IMO doesn't bring much more than Jerry Hughes does. I noticed a Barr looking lost in space the few times I watched the Bruins as well.

Mosely is pretty much always where you'd expect him to be and seems to cover as well as he attacks the run or the QB. He seems to be fairly decent at diagnosing plays but sometimes lets blockers come to him on run plays instead of running more downhill, but overall I'd still say he's pretty good against the run.

I've watched almost every UB game, only 2 or 3 UCLA games, and maybe 7 or 8 Bama games. A good portion of my opinion however comes from re-watching Mack and Mosely on those YouTube scouting reports, which I know make some people groan, but the ones that show every player's snap in a particular game I think paint a reasonably accurate portrayal of a player's strength AND weaknesses, as opposed to the pure "highlight" reels.

By no means do I want to make myself out to be an expert, I just enjoy taking extra looks at top prospects and especially guys who might become Bills.

Edited by uncle flap

I've seen the least out of Barr, but he didn't really make those awesome "splash" plays that jump off the screen like Kirby alluded to Mack doing. He's certainly good, but like KOK said, I don't think it's a god idea to spend that high of a pick on a guy that IMO doesn't bring much more than Jerry Hughes does. I noticed a Barr looking lost in space the few times I watched the Bruins as well.

Mosely is pretty much always where you'd expect him to be and seems to cover as well as he attacks the run or the QB. He seems to be fairly decent at diagnosing plays but sometimes lets blockers come to him on run plays instead of running more downhill, but overall I'd still say he's pretty good against the run.

I've watched almost every UB game, only 2 or 3 UCLA games, and maybe 7 or 8 Bama games. A good portion of my opinion however comes from re-watching Mack and Mosely on those YouTube scouting reports, which I know make some people groan, but the ones that show every player's snap in a particular game I think give a paint a reasonably accurate portrayal of a player's strength AND weaknesses, as opposed to the pure "highlight" reels.

By no means do I want to make myself out to be an expert, I just enjoy taking extra looks at top prospects and especially guys who might become Bills.

Good stuff. Sounds like Mack or Mosely then. Barr probably gone by 9 anyway.

Have to watch M and M at the Senior Bowl or East-West Shrine game, if they're playing either one. Then combine.

2 things.

for the people who want a QB in round 1 . If the qb you want gets picked by the bills and he has a similar year to what ej did minus the injuries do you draft another one? year after year until one has a good rookie year? and what if that player has a RG3 type second year? do we keep drafting qb and scrapping the one prior and knee jerk reactions to year by year qb play??

as for the LBs i think mosley is what would match this team the most he's versatile enough to play ILB and OLB and is a 3 down player he and kiko could just be the all time backers he's really good in coverage and the bills nickel package would be nice. i like mack a lot but he doesn't have the coverage ability that mosley has but has a better pass rushing ability than mosley. i think with these two you have to kinda take the homerism out of it for mack if possible and look what the team might need more. the bills just led the league in sacks and broke the single season record for the franchise.

if they grade mack out higher I'm all for it but IMO i think they might need another backer to go with kiko like the 49ers have with bowman/willis but if mack or barr is the next coming of LT or something lets do it. i know i am playing both sides of the ball here. sorry

>>>>>13 Buffalo Grab Darqueze Dennard Michigan State CB<<<<<

Please get him off the list ASAP!!!

The Bills would be better off with a guard projected to go in round 3.

Don't know much about him yet...But I do know that is one of the worst first names I have ever seen... ;)

>>>>>13 Buffalo Grab Darqueze Dennard Michigan State CB<<<<<

Please get him off the list ASAP!!!

The Bills would be better off with a guard projected to go in round 3.

I don't think that CB is a big need but I would rather have the top CB in the draft than a 3rd guard. Dennard is a stud even if we don't need him.

P.S. If you don't think that the secondary is important please google "Legion of Boom"

Edited by Kirby Jackson

2 things.

for the people who want a QB in round 1 . If the qb you want gets picked by the bills and he has a similar year to what ej did minus the injuries do you draft another one? year after year until one has a good rookie year? and what if that player has a RG3 type second year? do we keep drafting qb and scrapping the one prior and knee jerk reactions to year by year qb play??

as for the LBs i think mosley is what would match this team the most he's versatile enough to play ILB and OLB and is a 3 down player he and kiko could just be the all time backers he's really good in coverage and the bills nickel package would be nice. i like mack a lot but he doesn't have the coverage ability that mosley has but has a better pass rushing ability than mosley. i think with these two you have to kinda take the homerism out of it for mack if possible and look what the team might need more. the bills just led the league in sacks and broke the single season record for the franchise.

if they grade mack out higher I'm all for it but IMO i think they might need another backer to go with kiko like the 49ers have with bowman/willis but if mack or barr is the next coming of LT or something lets do it. i know i am playing both sides of the ball here. sorry

Re: The QB question, I think those that are advocating considering taking a QB are advocating just that, and nothing more. Drafting another Qb doesn't mean that you automatically bench EJ. It just means that you didn't pass on a Plan B in case EJ doesn't work out.

I like EJ, but everyone here has to acknowledge that last year the Bills had to take a QB high, as it was their only reasonable shot at acquiring a franchise QB. So, say we give EJ another year or two, and he doesn't work out; Then what? They are again forced to take a QB in the first.

I can only speak for myself, but I think most of those in the "draft a QB" camp agree with this: We aren't saying that they have to draft a QB in the first (or 2nd or 3rd), just that they shouldn't unilaterally dismiss the idea because they've got EJ who could still develop into a bona fide franchise QB. If there's a QB that they like and is the BPA in the sense that they could see him becoming a franchise QB, then I'm all for taking that QB and letting him ride the pine while they find out about EJ.

Re the LBs, you might be right about Mosely being the better fit, but I wouldn't be so quick to peg Mack as a slouch in coverage. He's very, very good all around, and I think he could excel at any LB position. I think Mosely can too, but my gut tells me Mack is the superior football player. However, like I said upthread my judgment could be clouded by my UB homerism. :D

Why?

The Bills already have Hughes and Lawson on the outside, and they want to move Kiko to the weak side...Hughes is playing that hybrid 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE in Passing situations, basically rushing the QB most of the time...IMHO the Bills will be looking for a stuffer on the inside first and foremost, and not a hybrid on the outside... B-)

well, hughes contract is up after next season and lawson is about 40 :D

and, you can never have too many passrushers :beer:

Re: The QB question, I think those that are advocating considering taking a QB are advocating just that, and nothing more. Drafting another Qb doesn't mean that you automatically bench EJ. It just means that you didn't pass on a Plan B in case EJ doesn't work out.

I like EJ, but everyone here has to acknowledge that last year the Bills had to take a QB high, as it was their only reasonable shot at acquiring a franchise QB. So, say we give EJ another year or two, and he doesn't work out; Then what? They are again forced to take a QB in the first.

I can only speak for myself, but I think most of those in the "draft a QB" camp agree with this: We aren't saying that they have to draft a QB in the first (or 2nd or 3rd), just that they shouldn't unilaterally dismiss the idea because they've got EJ who could still develop into a bona fide franchise QB. If there's a QB that they like and is the BPA in the sense that they could see him becoming a franchise QB, then I'm all for taking that QB and letting him ride the pine while they find out about EJ.

Re the LBs, you might be right about Mosely being the better fit, but I wouldn't be so quick to peg Mack as a slouch in coverage. He's very, very good all around, and I think he could excel at any LB position. I think Mosely can too, but my gut tells me Mack is the superior football player. However, like I said upthread my judgment could be clouded by my UB homerism. :D

i think they should try to grab murray later in the draft but to draft a qb within the first 3 rounds you are either not giving ej the year or you are not using the new qb you draft and basically not playing him and wasting the pick for this season.

i like mack a lot but has he played inside backer at all? I'm looking at the versatility of mosley and he's above mack in that category.

IIRC whaley was saying something about the value of LBs going down a bit and people taking them later in the drafts than the past. i think he was talking about it at the draft after party.