welp, so much for Chris Christie eh?

It's even more than that though. It's not like he blamed a couple of subordinates and cast them off, while claiming he had nothing to do with it. He said it was his responsibility, and said the buck stops on his desk. Has there been one, single, solitary instance of Obama doing this? Even once?

In fact, he has. Once. When he skipped the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address because he was personally fixing healthcare.gov.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's even more than that though. It's not like he blamed a couple of subordinates and cast them off, while claiming he had nothing to do with it. He said it was his responsibility, and said the buck stops on his desk. Has there been one, single, solitary instance of Obama doing this? Even once?

So Christie doesn't know what the hell is going on in his own camp, but he knows where the buck stops!

Christie's closet aids are causing awful traffic gridlock and he's off in the corner picking his nose, not knowing what is going on? What's he watching? Jersey Shore? Damn right he should take responsibility for running a rudderless ship! Yet, now he wants to grab the helm and actually attempt to steer. Thanks but no thanks buddy.

You are doing a heck of a job Christie!

No one outside of the NYC local radio/TV market cares one iota about how much traffic there was in Ft Lee last summer.

Christie signing the NJ Dream Act this week probably won't help with the primary

I wonder how many more national elections the GOP needs to lose before they figure out that hard line policies on gay marriage and immigration are killing the party.

dems ? Rand Paul and Ted Cruz will be the first to crucify fatty

I'd have thought it impossible for you to completely miss the point of his comment...and yet you somehow did. Plus, Rand was all over Christie long before he showed his colors.

Few things funnier in this entire event than watching the Obama knob-gobblers like yourself giving Christie some grief about his management style. The irony is embarrassing and you'd do well to just stick to what you do best: making random comments no one understands.

Edited by LABillzFan

So Christie doesn't know what the hell is going on in his own camp, but he knows where the buck stops!

Christie's closet aids are causing awful traffic gridlock and he's off in the corner picking his nose, not knowing what is going on? What's he watching? Jersey Shore? Damn right he should take responsibility for running a rudderless ship! Yet, now he wants to grab the helm and actually attempt to steer. Thanks but no thanks buddy.

Damn straight! All true statements.

Maybe you'd be more likely to give him a pass if he read about the scandal on the news first? Who's leading a rudderless ship again?

I find it hard to believe Christie had nothing to do with this personally and I do think it has the potential to sink him. It is a shame imo b/c I kind of like Christie.

Christie never had a chance anyways, it's one thing to do that tough guy crap when you control the mics , you control security and you're bashing teachers and others with very little power it's whole another to try that crap with the other Republican candidates, he'd get the taste slapped out of his mouth- on the national stage he's gonna look like a little fat pud who's no where near as smart or tough as he thinks he is.

No one outside of the NYC local radio/TV market cares one iota about how much traffic there was in Ft Lee last summer.

Thanks for the update. Does anyone outside of the NYC area care about anything outside their area? New Yorkers (city), I think they are going on 238 years with this mentality. Nothing new here people, move along, nothing to see, unless you are stuck in a traffic jam.

The irony is embarrassing and you'd do well to just stick to what you do best: making random comments no one understands.

:lol: Dinner's on me ****!

Just keeping w/the theme.

:P

Christie never had a chance anyways, it's one thing to do that tough guy crap when you control the mics , you control security and you're bashing teachers and others with very little power it's whole another to try that crap with the other Republican candidates, he'd get the taste slapped out of his mouth- on the national stage he's gonna look like a little fat pud who's no where near as smart or tough as he thinks he is.

lol I think you overestimate the national stage.

you're bashing teachers and others with very little power

:lol:

I certainly don't care about the issue itself but the problem of politicians and their minions abusing their power at the expense of the citizens is why I hate big government with a passion.

http://www.usatoday....anship/4391591/

You guys must have really beaten down all the DNC folks around here, I figured they'd be dancing in the streets right now. If this was anyone on the "other side" would this even be news?

No they all ran away.

In bit and pieces at first....but....right about the time when Obamacare was getting passed, and Scott Brown got elected to "Teddy Kennedy's seat" = mass exodus. One week we had lots of Dems...the next? This place turned into New Hampshire. (Safe to say we have more libertarians than social conservatives here, by a lot).

The difference is that whenever Christie's subordinates got caught doing something wrong, he immediately took responsibility & tossed them overboard. Still waiting for the first act of accountability from Obama, even if it is in line with firing an Ike Hilliard.

dems ? Rand Paul and Ted Cruz will be the first to crucify fatty

Yes, and yes.

See the thing for me is? I don't necessarily see this as bad for Christie at all, in the long term. Sure it sucks now, but, it might be quite useful later.

Here's why:

1. His leadership is being tested in public, big time. Odds are he wouldn't have been so definitive about his non-involvement if he was. IF he was, and it comes out, then GOOD. I don't want another lying phony as POTUS, do you? If he's telling the truth...then he will come out of this stronger, not weaker, because he will be able to point to his response to crisis...

...and contrast it: with Hillary's

2. The larger point here is: how does one handle error? If you are Democrat these days: it seems you don't handle it at all. So, it's not just about criticism of a candidate, you can throw the entire D party into this, especially when it comes to Obamacare.

3. And, to ...lybob's point(which all of you should remember because he's right), sure I can see how they would do it, especially in a debate. However, they had better watch their step in doing so: given 1+2, Christie might be able to turn the tables on a dime, and sweep the moderate R vote, by bringing up The Shutdown, and how they managed that, in comparison.

That one gives you a boatload of leadership points to hit them with: setting goals(Paul/Cruz set unrealistic ones, Christie sets and hits sound ones), planning(same), proper management of employees(Christie fired the bad actors as soon as he knew, Paul/Cruz didn't fire anybody...and Paul took forever to fire the dumbass he had working for him who got himself involved in something that could be seen as racist).

There's more, but that the gist of it:

Democrats, once again bereft of long-term thinking, may actually be helping Christie a lot more than they are hurting him.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

As far as I'm concerned, GOOD!!!!

As a real conservative, I don't want a Romney/McCain/Bush clone to win the nomination again... Let this fat a55 &^$# sit on the sidelines where he belongs...

Even if that means Hillary wins the presidency?

I'll continue to vote Democrat in protest until/unless the Republicans nominate a Libertarian conservative.

Keep swimming against the tide for ideology, and never see a GOP win in your lifetime.

For people who claim to be data driven, many conservatives are blind to demographics & electoral math.