The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

It's like anything else when it comes to change... Some win, some lose... Some carry more for the team, some less.

I was paying a ton for decades... It got to one point where my employer and I were shelling out close to 20k in premiums to Humana 5 years ago... The game has changed... My medical has been slashed by 70% on what I kick in and what my employer does...

Everything is lower, service is better where I go (same doctor group), etc... There are more choice w/my medical group on when and where to go. Billing is a bit confusing, but that was always the case. Rx (presciptions) is lower too by 50% because of my plan. There are some I pay 2 bucks for, like when the children got sick w/strep this winter and needed antibiotics. I know, a lot are generics and cheaper, but still. Seems like the have struck better deals w/the pharms. ??

About time somebody else carry the team... Things are working out well for us.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

It's like anything else when it comes to change... Some win, some lose... Some carry more for the team, some less.

I was paying a ton for decades... It got to one point where my employer and I were shelling out close to 20k in premiums to Humana 5 years ago... The game has changed... My medical has been slashed by 70% on what I kick in and what my employer does...

Everything is lower, service is better where I go (same doctor group), etc... There are more choice w/my medical group on when and where to go. Billing is a bit confusing, but that was always the case. Rx (presciptions) is lower too by 50% because of my plan. There are some I pay 2 bucks for, like when the children got sick w/strep this winter and needed antibiotics. I know, a lot are generics and cheaper, but still. Seems like the have struck better deals w/the pharms. ??

About time somebody else carry the team... Things are working out well for us.

Why should someone else pay your bills?

Nobody is paying my bills... I prepaid them for decades.

So what did you mean by someone else has to carry the team. And what did you prepay? Someone is subsidizing your healthcare. It wasn't slashed by 70%

So what did you mean by someone else has to carry the team. And what did you prepay? Someone is subsidizing your healthcare. It wasn't slashed by 70%

No. Somebody else prepay now. We (I and employer) were shelling out way more through the years. Now somebody else can prepay and "carry the team."

I was over paying. Of course it was slashed by 70%. The gouging that is.

Maybe you should seek the advice of an accountant since you don't understand the math.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

No. Somebody else prepay now. We (I and employer) were shelling out way more through the years. Now somebody else can prepay and "carry the team."

I was over paying. Of course it was slashed by 70%. The gouging that is.

Maybe you should seek the advice of an accountant since you don't understand the math.

No you need to seek the advice of an insurance agent seeing you don't understand how it works.

Hawaii Obamacare exchange is shutting down. Epic failure cost federal taxpayers $205,342,270.

http://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticle/2015/05/10/insurance-exchange-sets-deadlines-in-preparation-of-ending-services.html

The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reports that the Hawaii Health Connector will immediately set in motion a contingency plan to shut down operations. The Health Connector will cease new enrollments this Friday, discontinue outreach services May 31, transfer its technology to the state by Sept. 30 and completely eliminate its workforce by Feb. 28.

Residents of Hawaii will have to re-enroll in the federal healthcare.gov exchange to ensure coverage next year. Migrating to healthcare.gov is estimated to cost $30 million.

Nearly $205 million in federal grants were awarded to build and operate the Hawaii Health Connector online marketplace.

Hawaii Obamacare exchange is shutting down. Epic failure cost federal taxpayers $205,342,270.

http://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticle/2015/05/10/insurance-exchange-sets-deadlines-in-preparation-of-ending-services.html

The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reports that the Hawaii Health Connector will immediately set in motion a contingency plan to shut down operations. The Health Connector will cease new enrollments this Friday, discontinue outreach services May 31, transfer its technology to the state by Sept. 30 and completely eliminate its workforce by Feb. 28.

Residents of Hawaii will have to re-enroll in the federal healthcare.gov exchange to ensure coverage next year. Migrating to healthcare.gov is estimated to cost $30 million.

Nearly $205 million in federal grants were awarded to build and operate the Hawaii Health Connector online marketplace.

And Hawaii venrolled about 4,000 people (no info on how many piad, though.)

They could have just given every one of them $50k and gotten a better result.

Most of the state exchanges will either fail, or be bailed out by their states. This was inevitable, and I have said so from day 1. We are hitting the point where the Federal "start-up" funding, otherwise known as the "bait and swtich" $, is going to be turned off. Obamcare, in theory, planned for the risk pools in the states being big enough that not only would they be bringing in a huge amount of revenue, they would also be keeping the cost down(this 2nd part, as I have explained exhaustively, never had a chance of being true, and relies on magical thinking).

Obamacare, in practice, fails because it is too expensive for everybody, provides and charges for unnecessary services, and looks like a ripoff, because it is...except for the people who are getting it for free, whether that is via Medicaid expansion or not. Because it is a ripoff, the young and healthy aren't signing up, or aren't paying their premiums, at anywhere near the rate required to give away free health care to the older and/or sick.

QED the failiure of the state exchanges was inevitable. Hawaii is shutting down now because it's the only thing they can do. They can't continue, they have to transition now, before the Fed $ is gone, and their entire state wakes up the same day with no health insurance. The unrest in Baltimore is nothing compared to an entire state losing medical coverage.

All of this is happening because, I remind you, Obama and the Ds allowed lobbyists, lawyers, and a doctor, none of whom have insurance, or enterprise system design experience, design an enterprise system. WTF did you think was going to happen? Not one of these "designers" is familiar with this material.

Meanwhile, because I am now an expert in this material, I will contine to say: sell catastrophic nationally, over state lines, and let Wal Mart sell it. Then use HSAs for day to day. This solution is like gravity: eventually it will be "discovered", then, some will wonder why it took so long to figure out, then, it will be take for granted and nobody will care.

Meanwhile, because I am now an expert in this material, I will contine to say: sell catastrophic nationally, over state lines, and let Wal Mart sell it. Then use HSAs for day to day. This solution is like gravity: eventually it will be "discovered", then, some will wonder why it took so long to figure out, then, it will be take for granted and nobody will care.

There is far too much personal responsibility in that model. Lefties can't stay in office on that and righties probably can't get elected on that, but it makes great sense to you and and me and a whole lot of others. .

Now, successes like that don't just come along every day. It should be celebrated across the nation. From high on the roof tops let it ring! Obamacare - the cure for Global Warming!

Majority of Businesses Taking Steps To Avoid ObamaCare Tax

The Hill ^ | May 14, 2015 | By Sarah Ferris

Nearly two-thirds of companies facing a new ObamaCare tax say they are changing their coverage to avoid the extra costs, according to a new survey.

The so-called Cadillac tax, which applies to healthcare plans above a certain expense threshold, is one of the most pressing changes still to come under ObamaCare.

Only 2.5 percent of companies that would be hit by the Cadillac tax starting in 2018 said they plan to pay the tax. A total of 62 percent of companies said they have already taken action or plan to take action to avoid it.

Most say they are shifting toward higher deductible plans, while others said they are reducing benefits, shifting more costs to employees or dropping high-cost plans altogether.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

Edited by B-Man

Majority of Businesses Taking Steps To Avoid ObamaCare Tax

The Hill ^ | May 14, 2015 | By Sarah Ferris

Nearly two-thirds of companies facing a new ObamaCare tax say they are changing their coverage to avoid the extra costs, according to a new survey.

The so-called Cadillac tax, which applies to healthcare plans above a certain expense threshold, is one of the most pressing changes still to come under ObamaCare.

Only 2.5 percent of companies that would be hit by the Cadillac tax starting in 2018 said they plan to pay the tax. A total of 62 percent of companies said they have already taken action or plan to take action to avoid it.

Most say they are shifting toward higher deductible plans, while others said they are reducing benefits, shifting more costs to employees or dropping high-cost plans altogether.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

And somehow this is treated as being honorable, commended. ?? Every rat for themselves...