The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Medicaid is insurance.

No it's not. Insurance is a means by which risk is assumed by another party in exchange for payment. Medicaid is a plan under which the governments (federal and state) provides payment for health care on behalf of low-income people.

Medicaid is called "insurance" only to pander to idiots like you.

Why do you do stupid crap like this?

Why do you post stupid, erroneous crap like this?

No it's not. Insurance is a means by which risk is assumed by another party in exchange for payment. Medicaid is a plan under which the governments (federal and state) provides payment for health care on behalf of low-income people.

Medicaid is called "insurance" only to pander to idiots like you.

Why do you post stupid, erroneous crap like this?

The Health Insurance Association of America describes Medicaid as a "government insurance program for persons of all ages whose income and resources are insufficient to pay for health care." (America's Health Insurance Plans (HIAA), pg. 232).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicaid

I guess FDIC isn't insurance either?

16 million!

16 million!

It seems like only yesterday the immediate plan for ACA was to address the 30M uninsured and have everyone's costs drop $2500 a year.

But hey...you keep telling everyone that a massive, embarrassing failure is actually success and maybe they'll start to believe it again! :lol:

I guess that's as close to admitting you are wrong as we will ever get! :lol:

It does not resemble insurance, regardless of what your "source" Wikipedia says. It is medical welfare you dolt, but continue on with your praise for another giveaway program expansion.

http://news.yahoo.com/colleges-getting-health-insurance-business-145801945.html

The federal health care overhaul is leading some colleges and universities to get out of the health insurance business.

...The main driver of colleges getting out of the insurance business is a provision in the Affordable Care Act that prevents students from using premium tax subsidies to purchase insurance from their college or university...

"I considered buying it, but just taking the hit and paying the penalty was significantly cheaper than either option. Luckily, I'm young, and I don't have any serious pre-existing conditions."

As the law gets bigger, more and more people are finding themselves kicked off their existing plans.

Medicaid is welfare, not insurance. Medicaid is an entitlement, not insurance. Medicaid was created as part of LBJ's...wait for it..."Great Society". :lol: Yeah Baby Boomers! 1965! Woo!

Undeniable fact: Medicaid was proposed by LBJ as a way to pay for the health care of young workers who get permanently injured on the job, become unable to work, and require ongoing/lifetime treatment for their injuries. LBJ said Medicaid would encourage work, and encourage young people to take the higher paying, although more dangerous jobs. Said jobs would be offered, due to the rest of his "Great Society" plan, including the War on Poverty, working(yeah...and then the 1970s happened). This meant a need for more infrastructure( :lol: there's that word again!) jobs which meant more dangerous jobs. So, the youth filling those roles could take comfort in Medicaid: If something went wrong, they'd be covered. The intended "by the way" was that Medicaid would also cover poor people temporarily until they could find work, and perhaps a few poor elderly the last couple of months before they died.

:lol:

Does that...in any way...resemble what Medicaid is/does today? Only if you are a completely uninformed, totallly unmitigated, moron.

Today, 90% of ALL Medicaid is consumed by the elderly, for their long term care "costs". :lol: Why? Because the elderly have either become poor, by spending/never saving/outliving their money, or, have given all their money away to their kids, screwing the taxpayer(which is why NYS, with its Rollys Royce Medicaid, literally imports poor people from all over the country).

Meanwhile, the average LTC facility recieves a whoppin $20/day, total, to care for an elderly person on Medicaid. And, yet, we have assclown lawyers suing LTCs....for negligence. I couldn't take care of any of you on this board for $20 a day. No matter how much "spreading of costs"(known by people who actually know business, as economies of scale) we did. And as far as I know: none of you literally schit yourselves on a regular basis. So what happens? Everybody else has to compensate the LTC, via their Medicare, or Private Pay, but, they don't get better care than a Medicaid patient, nor can you kick one out, once they are forced upon you. A fat-ass diabetic, whose disease is 100% their fault, and now has amputations due to it, can live 20 years in your LTC, costing you more and more as they hack off more and more, and $20/day is all you get.

And now, what is happening? We are adding Medicaid consumers....and not adding any Medicaid cash! :lol::wacko: I wonder what is going to happen? It's a mystery!

Thus, the notion that Medicaid is "good government'? :lol:

It's curently doing <1% of its intended purpose, <10% of its "by the way" purpose, and 90% of a totally unintended purpose, or a purpose that was, at most, supposed to account for 5% of its budget . :lol: It's hilarious that anyone would call something that is so obviously failing to perform as designed: good. It's also hilarious that putting additional pressure on a system that broke 20 years ago is also described as: good.

How much longer do nurse aids(indentured Union servants) have to live on a life-long wage of $8/hr, because their facilities are only getting paid $20/day per patient, and work 10 patients by themselves...all so they can get the privilege of being vilified and harassed by lawyers, regulators and the media and taken advantage of by everyone, especially the Democratic party and their unions?

See, that is the "good government" here: slave wages and forced contribution to political masters...who have 0 intent on "change" or "hope" because the real $ in Medicaid? That's reserved for the government employee/regulators/Union Bosses/hallowed Ph. D nurses who create the "reimbursement instruments"....as consultants for the government.

20-25% of most county budgets in the entire country go do Medicaid. Ah, but, first that money goes to DC, THEN, and only then does it come back in reimbursement. That's a hell of a lot of money going one way, and again, $20/day coming back.

Think damn you.

Only a total idiot, or somebody who makes the corrupt $ off it, would call Medicaid: "good government"

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• 4 weeks later...

3350 billed for my wife's MRI- insurance paid $500, we own 2500 after the adjustment.

So 500 for our monthly premium and 2500 additional.

Got to love private health insurance.... It turn out it was cheaper to pay in cash, which I kinda knew, but my god what a goddam mess.

3350 billed for my wife's MRI- insurance paid $500, we own 2500 after the adjustment.

So 500 for our monthly premium and 2500 additional.

Got to love private health insurance.... It turn out it was cheaper to pay in cash, which I kinda knew, but my god what a goddam mess.

I usually save a boatload of money by paying at point of service, then submitting the claim myself. Get the cash discount, plus the insurance adjustment.

Give it ten years, though, and paying cash for medical care will be considered a "black market" transaction, and be made illegal.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/4/er-visits-under-obamacare-doctors-say/

The ACA, that well-thought out, smooth running health insurance machine, appears to have failed on yet another of its promises. Emergency room visits were forecasted to plummet with the advent of coverage for the uninsured, but strangely enough the exact opposite occurred: ER visits are rising. Well, at least the rest of the ACA's promises have come to pass...haven't they?

Sail On, Oh Ship of state.

I talked to a New Hire at work who believes that the uninsured penalty is cumulative; based on the number of offenses. (ie, $95 for your first offense, $200 for the 2nd, etc) He actually has a plan to stop paying for insurance (2-3yrs from now to attend grad school full time), assuming that he would be able to afford the cost of the 1st/2nd penalties.

I tried to explain it to him, but he didn't believe me.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/4/er-visits-under-obamacare-doctors-say/

The ACA, that well-thought out, smooth running health insurance machine, appears to have failed on yet another of its promises. Emergency room visits were forecasted to plummet with the advent of coverage for the uninsured, but strangely enough the exact opposite occurred: ER visits are rising. Well, at least the rest of the ACA's promises have come to pass...haven't they?

I have no doubt that Obamacare won't need to make things better (or even hit any of it's promised goals), but will instead be credited with preventing the destruction of civilization; The same way the Porkulus kept the country from becoming a third world country. The media spin will be that "things could've been worse."

Wait...you mean health insurance isn't the same thing as health care?

How come no one ever pointed this out before?

Wait...you mean health insurance isn't the same thing as health care?

How come no one ever pointed this out before?

And did I hear right that the penalty is so much cheaper than actual insurance, that people are choosing to pay the penalty and keep going to the ER where they don't have to pay their bill?

If only someone could have seen this coming.

Oh you guys are just negative Nancys! POTUS says all is well, so what's the worry? It's kind of easy to re-open an emergency center of two (or eleven hundred) and don't forget everyone now has insurance so the processing will be a breeze which will result in cutting down wait-for-service times dramatically.

I wonder if Clinton Care will learn from Obama Care...? Whoa, she don't give no damn 'bout any care, brah.