The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Thousands might lose health insurance over missing documents

By Tony Pugh

WASHINGTON — Some 310,000 people with inconsistencies in their citizenship and immigration materials might lose their federal marketplace health coverage Sept. 30 unless they provide proper supporting documents by Sept. 5, the Obama administration announced Tuesday.

In May, the Department of Health and Human Services began contacting about 2 million people about discrepancies or errors in the personal information they’d provided in their insurance applications.

The problems stem, in part, from an administration policy that allowed applicants to self-report information about their incomes, citizenship and household size, all of which contribute to determining their eligibility for tax credits to help pay for coverage.

More at the link: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/08/12/236247/thousands-might-lose-health-insurance.html

I'm hopin' the whole self-reported inconsistencies thing migrates from the IRS' management of the ACA to their main line responsibility - income tax collection. If a whole lot of us self-report with inconsistencies, maybe POTUS will work his "...if Congress won't act, I will..." magic and exempt us from paying.

Ya think?

• 4 weeks later...

Rural hospitals close as healthcare system changes

Small, rural hospitals have always struggled to remain viable, but things are getting worse.

Now, the Affordable Care Act is bringing additional pressure healthcare insurance coverage to all Americans.

Ya' know, B. O. finds it curious that this keeps coming up. He never said anything about providing health care coverage to anybody. But at least now they've got the right to be taxed to have insurance!

STICK TO THE NARRATIVE!

Ouch, the Bill for ObamaCare Coming Due

The bill is coming due for ObamaCare and it’s a whopper. According to Medicare Care’s own actuaries U.S. health care spending is about to rocket.

http://finance.townh...ng-due-n1889080

THE HILL: Support For ObamaCare Continues To Fall.

Comparing Obamacare to an Alternative

The best alternative to Obamacare that has been put forward so far is that of the 2017 Project. (I’ve commented on it here before.) Now the Center for Health and Economy has estimated what its effects would be. The results: More Americans would have private insurance coverage, premiums would be lower, patients would have more access to doctors, and the deficit would be lower. There would be no individual mandate, no employer mandate, no essential benefits package, and so on.

Obamacare would, however, cover 6 million more people than the alternative, thanks to its Medicaid expansion. I imagine that gap could be closed, though, if the alternative included auto-enrollment.

Had an interesting email at work recently about my employee benefits. Employees can no longer waive medical beneifits.

I've talked to several folks who had been covered under a spouses medical plan or are retired military under Tricare. Yeah, they're not too happy about being forced to pay into the employee medical plan for services that they already received elsewhere

Edited by /dev/null

Had an interesting email at work recently about my employee benefits. Employees can no longer waive medical beneifits.

I've talked to several folks who had been covered under a spouses medical plan or are retired military under Tricare. Yeah, they're not too happy about being forced to pay into the employee medical plan for services that they already received elsewhere

I was wondering if that would happen in some instances. This is such a farcical charade.

Obama Threatens to Veto Bill Letting People Keep Their Health Insurance

President Obama issued a veto threat against a House bill designed to allow people to keep health-insurance plans otherwise unavailable due to Obamacare regulations.

“With health care costs rising at low rates and choices for small businesses improving through the Health Insurance Marketplace, this bill would be a major step back,” a statement of administrative policy from the Office of Management and Budget says.

The president’s opposition to the Employee Health Care Protection Act was always certain, but it plays into the hands of Representative Bill Cassidy (R., La.) and Representative Cory Gardner (R., Colo.) who are both running against incumbent Democratic senators this year.

“The president and supporters of Obamacare promised numerous times that ‘if you like your health-care plan, you can keep it, period,’” Cassidy said while touting the bill, which he sponsored, in July. “If supporters of this law really believe in keeping their word to the American people, they should support this legislation to help millions of Americans keep the healthcare plan they like.”

New: WSJ/NBC polls shows Americans still aren't sold on Affordable Care Act, with 34% in favor and 48% against. http://on.wsj.com/1qePzrM

What’s Next For Obamacare

Over at his blog, BobLaszewski tells us what we should be expecting on the Obamacare front in the coming months. The short answer: lots of confusion and some big question marks.

He writes:

To say this fall’s 2015 Obamacare open-enrollment has the potential to be problematic is an understatement.

The HealthCare.gov backroom is not built yet––a year and counting after it should have been.

How many people are enrolled in Obamacare? Without a government to insurance company accounting system yet built, no one knows.

The administration says they are going to auto-renew existing Obamacare policyholders. But they don’t have a valid baseline census from which to start.

much more at links:

'Fewer Doctors, More Demand': The predictable consequences of Obamacare http://natl.re/1CRNUwn

Edited by B-Man

9 1/2 weeks until open enrollment.

That means about five weeks or so until the solid biological waste material intersects the oscillating cooling device.

Yeah. A month and a half should be more than enough time for everyone to sign up.

9 1/2 weeks until open enrollment.

That means about five weeks or so until the solid biological waste material intersects the oscillating cooling device.

Oh don't worry about that. Obama will just use his pen to create a legislative mandate that new insurance premiums will be classified as 'top secret' and cannot declassified and released until the day after the mid-term elections.

525/month for my wife and I in Maine- 6k individual, 12k family. PPO, no limits on providers...

COBRA, 1260 for the month, though that does include vision and dental

What amazes me is talking to people here locally, and they rave about the Maine Co-OP plans..... And that they would never sign up for Obamacare.... People are so dumb. There is no such policy called Obamacare, and they bought their Co-OP insurance on an ACA exchange.

Americans really lack rigor for anything above an Applebees menu....

525/month for my wife and I in Maine- 6k individual, 12k family. PPO, no limits on providers...

COBRA, 1260 for the month, though that does include vision and dental

What amazes me is talking to people here locally, and they rave about the Maine Co-OP plans..... And that they would never sign up for Obamacare.... People are so dumb. There is no such policy called Obamacare, and they bought their Co-OP insurance on an ACA exchange.

Americans really lack rigor for anything above an Applebees menu....

You haven't been in an Applebees recently, have you?