The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Like how many birds there are in the world?

Here you go Sue---for you list.

http://www.currentresults.com/Environment-Facts/Plants-Animals/number-species.php

CategorySpeciesTotalsVertebrate AnimalsMammals5,490Birds9,998Reptiles9,084Amphibians6,433Fishes31,300Total Vertebrates62,305Invertebrate AnimalsInsects1,000,000Spiders and scorpions102,248Molluscs85,000Crustaceans47,000Corals2,175Others68,827Total Invertebrates1,305,250PlantsFlowering plants (angiosperms)281,821Conifers (gymnosperms)1,021Ferns and horsetails12,000Mosses16,236Red and green algae10,134Total Plants321,212OthersLichens17,000Mushrooms31,496Brown algae3,067Total Others51,563TOTAL SPECIES1,740,330

Just called up the sports doctor and he is going to see me about my elbow tomorrow at 2! Boom!

Access to affordable health care is not a luxury but a right

So how did you not have access to it before and how did ACA change that?

Just called up the sports doctor and he is going to see me about my elbow tomorrow at 2! Boom!

Why did you not have access to it before and what did the ACA do to change that?

ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California

Brutal.........................

From your link:

Now for the good news in California. Rates won’t go up that much this year, Jones says, because of a ballot measure in this year’s election that will give the state the power to regulate rate increases. Prices won’t go down, Jones predicts, but just not skyrocket like they did for 2014. The threat of government control will force insurers to keep increases lower in order to push back against the referendum. That, however, ignores the economics of risk pools, which react to increased costs by either raising premiums or reducing payments. The next wave of reconciling the costs of ObamaCare in California may not take the form of higher premiums but of reduced coverages or — most likely — even greater reductions in provider networks, reductions which California has tried to reverse after Covered California turned into a nightmare for consumers.

In California, costs skyrocketed while care was made harder to find by ObamaCare, the exact opposite of what Democrats promised from the new law. That’s not the only promise that flopped, either. Remember the “you can keep your plan” promise, which Politifact named the Lie of the Year in 2013? That empty promise didn’t just impact those on the individual market, according to a new Heritage Foundation study, but also nearly two million people previously covered in employer-based plans. That’s three times higher than predicted:

Edited by 3rdnlng

A "typo" and a "speako." LOL! Barry and his minions must really think that their supporters are morons (not that I'd totally disagree with that), or at least so awestruck by Barry Christ that they won't question things.

Obamacare plans have shrunk payments to physicians so much that some doctors say they won’t be able to afford to accept Obamacare coverage, NPR reports.

Many of the eight million sign-ups in Obamacare exchanges nationwide already face more limited choices for physicians and hospitals than those in the private insurance market. But with low physician reimbursement rates, the problem could get even worse.

For a typical quick patient visit, Dr. Doug Gerard, a Connecticut internist, told NPR a private insurer would pay $100 while Medicare would pay around $80. But Obamacare plans are more likely to pay closer to $80, which Gerard says is unsustainable for his practice.

“I cannot accept a plan [in which] potentially commercial-type reimbursement rates were now going to be reimbursed at Medicare rates,” Dr. Gerard told NPR. ”You have to maintain a certain mix in private practice between the low reimbursers and the high reimbursers to be able to keep the lights on.”

Narrow networks have become a hallmark of many Obamacare exchange plans, as one of few options left to insurance companies that allows them to save money by lowering reimbursement rates and covering fewer providers. In the health-care law’s first year, 70 percent of all Obamacare plan networks were either narrow or ultra-narrow, according to an analysis from consulting firm McKinsey.

Read more: http://dailycaller.c.../#ixzz39WJVuw48

Looks like Obamacaid premiums are going up by ~12-13% next year. So much premiums decreasing, much lees that $2500 savings/family.

You forget, to the modern Democratic party, a slower rate of increase is a decrease.

A "typo" and a "speako." LOL! Barry and his minions must really think that their supporters are morons (not that I'd totally disagree with that), or at least so awestruck by Barry Christ that they won't question things.

2 things:

1. At this point it has become evident to me that this WH knows they've been tuned out by everyone but their base(2-30% of the country). Therefore, most of what they say is tailored for their base. It doesn't matter if it makes sense. It doesn't matter if it can stand up to scrutiny.

All that matters is: are the unmitigated morons getting their daily dose of denial fodder?

A few bars ago, I literally had a guy telling me that the reason Obamacare failed was because the Republicans wouldn't pass something that would have worked. I reminded(nicely, IRL I'm a pretty nice guy, until you give me a good reason not to be) him that the Democrats had full control of Congress when Obamacare was passed. My words flew right by him, and he just repeated that the Rs sabotaged Obamacare, and that's why it doesn't work.

This is concerning for me. How are we supposed to have real debate, when one side is completely ignorant like this? How many people on the left actually know that Obamacare is 100% owned by the Ds?

2. Due to 1, it seems like they are saying things in a certain way...a specific way of speaking, that they know is best suited for lifting/turning into audio clips and/or quoting, such that it can be mass-deployed by the media..

Example: If you pay attention to Harry Reid saying "The border is secure", you'll notice that he pauses before and after, so that it won't sound like it's been cut off. Then, they take that and mass it out. I heard the sound bite on the radio a few days later.

It was perfectly blended in with the announcer's wording before and after.

Coincidence?