The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Apparently the newest bill proposal wants to take away the most popular aspect of Obamacare which prevents insurance companies can deny people based on preexisting conditions. Leave it up to the states to decide whether insurance companies should enforce that mandate on insurance companies. I'm sure that will go over well.

Just like cutting taxes for the 400 richest individuals in the land while raising prices dramatically for everyone else... my god, just repeal the ACA in its entirety and do nothing... at least it would be honest.

Apparently the newest bill proposal wants to take away the most popular aspect of Obamacare which prevents insurance companies can deny people based on preexisting conditions. Leave it up to the states to decide whether insurance companies should enforce that mandate on insurance companies. I'm sure that will go over well.

And allow for purchase across state lines.

Wellmark to leave Iowa exchange, stop selling Obamacare-compliant plans

But wait...is it because:

the Des Moines-based insurer has lost about $90 million through the individual market in Iowa while those enrolled with those plans saw a nearly 43 percent premium increase this year.

Nope. It's because...

And so it begins. Trumpcare uncertainty drives Wellmark out of the Iowa ACA marketplace https://t.co/49ddiZturS

— David States (@statesdj) https://twitter.com/statesdj/status/849026421649543168

Edited by DC Tom

No.

Socially liberal = I don't care what you do, so long as it doesn't violate anyone's rights

Fiscally conservative = don't ask me to pay for it, or the results of any bad decisions you make

which is the only reason I support privatization of prison institutions. I don't want to pay to house someone not able to adjust to society whilst in time out. I've seen all too much of those in time fail to grasp the realization of what they did to get themselves there.

You ever make sausage?

no but I am interested in trying. Chef Jim has before. I should hit him up when I'm ready.

Channeling my inner, incoherent Gator..............."so it's a media conspiracy"?

: Those Indecipherable Medical Bills? They’re One Reason Health Care Costs So Much.

Good excuse to take away 24 millions people's health insurance! And pass a 800 billion dollar tax cut to the wealthy! Ya for the a-holes! May those evil c---- suckers rot in hell!

Good excuse to take away 24 millions people's health insurance! And pass a 800 billion dollar tax cut to the wealthy! Ya for the a-holes! May those evil c---- suckers rot in hell!

Hooray for disingenuous liberal talking points!

which is the only reason I support privatization of prison institutions. I don't want to pay to house someone not able to adjust to society whilst in time out. I've seen all too much of those in time fail to grasp the realization of what they did to get themselves there.

no but I am interested in trying. Chef Jim has before. I should hit him up when I'm ready.

Well, if you aren't paying, who is?

Well, if you aren't paying, who is?

inmate jobs, inmate work camps, inmate chain gangs.

Let the inmates learn a trade whilst locked up. Let them run the facility, essentially to make it a business.

100% true. CBO said 24 million would have have health insurance taken away and the tax cuts were part of "healthcare reform"

So you agree that's horrible?

It's disingenuous to say that it would be taken away. How many of that 24 million would voluntarily choose to not have insurance?

inmate jobs, inmate work camps, inmate chain gangs.

Let the inmates learn a trade whilst locked up. Let them run the facility, essentially to make it a business.

There is so much wrong with this.

What happens if this prison business doesn't turn a profit. Do the prisoners not eat? Does the HVAC not get repaired/upgraded? What exactly is this business model?

Another fantastic libertaritard idea.

There is so much wrong with this.

What happens if this prison business doesn't turn a profit. Do the prisoners not eat? Does the HVAC not get repaired/upgraded? What exactly is this business model?

Another fantastic libertaritard idea.

ever been to a prison? No one goes hungry. Air conditioning is not needed. Heat is barely needed, keep it at 60°

And if you can't turn a profit you don't belong in business. There are many profitable prison industries out there. Bob barker makes a killing.

ever been to a prison? No one goes hungry. Air conditioning is not needed. Heat is barely needed, keep it at 60°

And if you can't turn a profit you don't belong in business. There are many profitable prison industries out there. Bob barker makes a killing.

Yes, I'm in prisons regularly. They eat because of taxpayer money. There are laws dictating comfort temperatures ranges. Those are state to state, but none are as low as 60.

Bob Barker uses 100% incarcerated labor? I thought they were a supplier?

You just feel entitled to 100% of your paycheck, ignoring that gainful employment in most cases is a product of a community structure. We are humane with our incarcerated and it takes taxpayer money.

The whole "not paying for your bad decisions" rhetoric is tired. When applied to healthcare, many conditions have nothing to do with decisions.

Self over community is shallow. Progressives are in the same boat only their demands are different.

Edited by Rockpile233

Yes, I'm in prisons regularly. They eat because of taxpayer money. There are laws dictating comfort temperatures ranges. Those are state to state, but none are as low as 60.

Bob Barker uses 100% incarcerated labor? I thought they were a supplier?

You just feel entitled to 100% of your paycheck, ignoring that gainful employment in most cases is a product of a community structure. We are humane with our incarcerated and it takes taxpayer money.

The whole "not paying for your bad decisions" rhetoric is tired. When applied to healthcare, many conditions have nothing to do with decisions.

Self over community is shallow. Progressives are in the same boat only their demands are different.

that's a **** ton to read. So I stopped.

Your experiences in prisons involved what? And as far as 60°, i do not believe that. I've seen them as low as 48° for hours and never reach 60° Bob barker furnishes materials. Why not have inmates do those jobs? What's wrong with chain gangs?

Inmates are paid weekly. But also charged for their housing. Explain that one to me.

that's a **** ton to read. So I stopped.

Your experiences in prisons involved what? And as far as 60°, i do not believe that. I've seen them as low as 48° for hours and never reach 60° Bob barker furnishes materials. Why not have inmates do those jobs? What's wrong with chain gangs?

Inmates are paid weekly. But also charged for their housing. Explain that one to me.

I work for a HVAC company. The laws are there, look them up. Most have cooling as well. My physical experiences are in New York State.

The company furnishes prison materials, correct? Their customer is then the government entity, aka taxpayers. You are describing a company that furnishes material to themselves.

I can't speak to your last point, but they are taxed like any other person.

Edited by Rockpile233

I work for a HVAC company. The laws are there, look them up. Most have cooling as well. My physical experiences are in New York State.

The company furnishes prison materials, correct? Their customer is then the government entity, aka taxpayers. You are describing a company that furnishes material to themselves.

I can't speak to your last point, but they are taxed like any other person.

Ohio doesn't cool their prisons. Nor Michigan. Soooo... yeah. And temps get down to sub 60° often Edited by Boyst62