The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

I Just checked The United States Constitution, providing insurance to millions is not in the POTUS job discription.

Neither is giving massive corporate tax cuts to big businesses. What's your point?

Why? This is one case it was better to apply that fact like a sledgehammer, rather than dance him in to it.

He seems like a reasonable enough individual, and more often than not, when people come to a logical conclusion on their own, they tend to be quicker to embrace it.

He seems like a reasonable enough individual, and more often than not, when people come to a logical conclusion on their own, they tend to be quicker to embrace it.

While I agree with the premise, I have doubts about the assumption you made.

Powerful testimony about lives that have been saved by Obamacare. I know this isn't far right media, but don't be afraid to leave your bubble for the truth

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/01/obamacare-saved-my-life

Obamacare did not save their life, it paid for the procedures that did.

Still confused?

Healthcare = seeing the doctor.

Insurance = someone else pays for some or all of said visit.

Neither is taxing them to begin with.

Actually corporations are not in the Constitution at all. Lol, ask tasked if a constitutional amendment should be needed to allow them to exist at all. :/

Still confused?

Dumb

Anyone who says "giving massive tax cuts to corporations is unconstitutional" is not a reasonable enough individual.

Still confused?

Think like a Progressive

Healthcare = You have it, I want it. Give it to me

Income Equality = You have nice things. I want nice things. Give me nice things

Education = I want to spend 8 years reliving kindergarden. You have money. Pay for my "education"

Housing = You have a nice place. I don't. That's not fair

Anyone who says "giving massive tax cuts to corporations is unconstitutional" is not a reasonable enough individual.

Well, I'm glad you two had a conversation about how intelligent you are. I simply was responding to a poster who said providing people with health care isn't in the constitution. I simply countered that a typical right wing economic policy also isn't in the constitution and yes of course there's nothing in the constitution about taxing them at all. I never mentioned anything about tax cuts to corporations being unconstitutional. Hold on, let me check.

Neither is giving massive corporate tax cuts to big businesses. What's your point?

Yup. Didn't call it unconstitutional.

Taxing the poor saps (income tax) is however.

Actually, it isn't; which is why there is no law that says you have to pay your income tax.

Well, I'm glad you two had a conversation about how intelligent you are. I simply was responding to a poster who said providing people with health care isn't in the constitution. I simply countered that a typical right wing economic policy also isn't in the constitution and yes of course there's nothing in the constitution about taxing them at all. I never mentioned anything about tax cuts to corporations being unconstitutional. Hold on, let me check.

Yup. Didn't call it unconstitutional.

What was the purpose of your counter? Edited by TakeYouToTasker

While you're checking, try checking the powers given to Congress.

E.g. to tax.

No, the power to levy taxes is, by Congress (not the President.) But "income tax" is not in the Constitution.

The power to tax is narrowly defined.

The income tax doesn't stand Constitution rigor.

Poor Wesley.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

The power to tax is narrowly defined.

The income tax doesn't stand Constitution rigor.

Poor Wesley.

The power to tax is broadly defined in statute, and has been upheld in court countless times.

And what statutory point is violated by an income tax?

No, the power to levy taxes is, by Congress (not the President.) But "income tax" is not in the Constitution.

U.S. Constitution

Amendment XVI

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration.