The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

No, you just made my argument for me. You are saying baby boomers are no longer the largest section of the workforce. Yes, exactly. And where are they? Not in the workforce. So who isn't in the workforce? Exactly the group of people I said wasn't. Slow down and think

You are a real dumbass.

No, you just made my argument for me. You are saying baby boomers are no longer the largest section of the workforce. Yes, exactly. And where are they? Not in the workforce. So who isn't in the workforce? Exactly the group of people I said wasn't. Slow down and think

Let's hear it. I love how you guys twist the truth when you get caught. Or will you just ask a question, lol

Yeah you caught me.

Your argument that the work force is shrinking due to BB's retiring doesn't work. They are being replaced by the larger millennial population. The work force is shrinking because people have stopped looking as well as living in the govt dole has become a new career goal.

Edited by Chef Jim

Yeah you caught me.

Your argument that the work force is shrinking due to BB's retiring doesn't work. They are being replaced by the larger millennial population. The work force is shrinking because people have stopped looking as well as living in the govt dole has become a new career goal.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/03/declining-labor-participation-rates/

Among the reasons cited for the trend:

1) The aging of baby boomers. A lower percentage of older Americans choose to work than those who are middle-aged. And so as baby boomers approach retirement age, it lowers the labor force participation rate.

You are it!

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/03/declining-labor-participation-rates/

Among the reasons cited for the trend:

You are it!

From your link:

According to an analysis by the Congressional Budget Office in February 2014, “[T]he unusually low rate of labor force participation in recent years is attributable to three principal factors: long-term trends, especially the aging of the population; temporary weakness in employment prospects and wages; and some longer-term factors attributable to the unusual aspects of the slow recovery of the labor market, including persistently low hiring rates.”

So we can add the definition of participation rate to the long list of things you don't understand.

In other words you ain't got nothing. Wow, thought you might come up with a better dodge than that. Pretty pathetic.

Just admit you are wrong!

And also admit you were making a partisan argument, politically based, while I was making a fact based argument. Partisan tools are easy to shoot down B-)

In other words you ain't got nothing. Wow, thought you might come up with a better dodge than that. Pretty pathetic.

Just admit you are wrong!

And also admit you were making a partisan argument, politically based, while I was making a fact based argument. Partisan tools are easy to shoot down B-)

Define "among."

I have already figured out a way to replace myself with a robot at work.

My only hope is that the company either doesn't figure it out as well, or that i'm cheaper to maintain.

My dream however, is for the final years of my employment be spent turning on and supervising the robot that replaced me.

Congress is a "small business."

D.C. law limits participation in the exchange to small businesses employing 50 or fewer full-time employees. Vining, a District of Columbia resident since 1986, seeks to prevent the Exchange Authority from allowing at least 12,359 members of Congress, congressional staffers, their spouses and dependents to purchase health insurance in D.C.’s Small Business Exchange.

[...] The House and Senate claimed to have only 45 employees each.

• 3 weeks later...

Nevada Obamacare nonprofit (read: ‘subsidized’) insurer goes bankrupt.

Note that this is not the state Obamacare exchange itself: Nevada Health Co-Op was set up to be a competitor to actual, honest-to-God insurance companies. Sixty-six million dollars of your tax money later, it’s blown up in the Obama administration’s face: “Nevada Health CO-OP, which launched in 2012 with two federal loans totaling $65.9 million, will shutter its operation and will not offer coverage for 2016.” Which means that anybody who signed up for a program with Nevada Health is going to get a special Christmas gift from the administration: several weeks of desperately trying to arrange new coverage during the holiday season! Yay!

Mind you, the taxpayers can’t just write Nevada Health off right away. The organization is apparently rather significantly in debt, and paying that off will probably cost the taxpayer more… what? Why would the taxpayers have to make good the co-op’s bad loans? Well

Nevada Health CO-OP started in 2012 as Hospitality Health CO-OP. It was sponsored by the Culinary Union’s Culinary Health Fund, its national parent UNITE HERE Health and the Health Services Coalition, a local consumer advocacy group that negotiates costs and tracks care for more than 300,000 members employed by cities, unions and big companies.

Unions still play a key role in the co-op: Culinary head D. Taylor and Nevada AFL-CIO executive Danny Thompson are both listed on the nonprofit’s board of directors in its June 30 financial statement.

Let me put it this way. In this corner, we have Joe and Jane Average Taxpayer. And over in this corner, we have the AFL-CIO. Which corner contains the people that this administration doesn’t want to annoy? …That’s right: Big Labor. Even in its currently bruised state the labor movement still commands strong respect from the other members of our current Imperial Court; and why should loyal clients be forced to spend their own* money when the treasury is right there, just waiting to be tapped?

And as always, remember: this is not a flaw in the system. This is the system. Although I should note that the Obama administration is so bad at this that it can’t even provide largess for its friends...................

http://www.redstate.com/2015/08/26/nevada-health-co-op-obamacare-nevada/

Edited by B-Man

If you like your health plan.... tough luck.

Get ready for sticker shock in 2018.

If you like your flexible spending account ... you might not be able to keep your flexible spending account.

Obamacare's looming "Cadillac tax" on high-cost health plans threatens to hit 1 in 4 U.S. employers when it takes effect in 2018—and will impact 42 percent of all employers by a decade later, according to a new analysis.

And many of those employers will be subject to the heavy Obamacare tax because they offer popular health-care flexible spending accounts to workers, which, ironically, are designed to reduce the income tax burden to those employees.

As a result, the co-author of the analysis expects the health FSAs to start being phased out and "largely disappearing" over time by companies looking for reduce their exposure to the Cadillac tax.