The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

I wish everyone could get everything they ever, ever wanted and people could fart perfum smelling gas.

No you've got it wrong....not surprising. This is not people getting something they want this is taking away something they have. So you ARE ok with the middle class losing a decent tax deduction. And this is a deduction that is also an incentive to actually stay healthy.

No you've got it wrong....not surprising. This is not people getting something they want this is taking away something they have. So you ARE ok with the middle class losing a decent tax deduction. And this is a deduction that is also an incentive to actually stay healthy.

I think I made my point perfectly clear, I just want everyone to be happy. Its awful when bad things happen

I think I made my point perfectly clear, I just want everyone to be happy. Its awful when bad things happen

No you don't otherwise you wouldn't be ok with people losing one of their few tax deductions.

Which is a lot better than the condemnation of the ACA, which is something like, "Oh, those people just don't need health care, they are not like us."

WTF does this even mean?

It was a slightly complicated statement. Which, for you, makes it incoherent.

This is not complicated. It's !@#$ing gibberish worthy of Gabby Johnson.

Isn't horrible bad things happen?

Isn't horrible bad things happen -- the name of Gator's unreleased album.

Oh sorry. Didn't read your post before I posted mine. Sorry for the redundancy.

Aaaaaaand...welcome back to dumbassville.

When eggplants go rotten they are nasty.

Edited by Chef Jim

This is not complicated. It's !@#$ing gibberish worthy of Gabby Johnson.

Isn't horrible bad things happen?

Oh sorry. Didn't read your post before I posted mine. Sorry for the redundancy.

His posts are so devoid of substance and intelligence that the typos are the only interesting things about them most times.

Forget 2018..............................how about 2016

States approving huge spikes in health-insurance premiums

When insurance companies began discussing the necessary premium hikes for the third year of ObamaCare coverage, the White House was quick to dismiss the requests. State auditors would surely force insurers to admit that these requests were overblown. Barack Obama himself told a Nashville audience last month that he couldn’t see why insurers needed to hike premiums by more than a third in Tennessee, the Wall Street Journal recalls:

At a July town hall in Nashville, Tenn., President Barack Obama played down fears of a spike in health insurance premiums in his signature health law’s third year.

My expectation is that they’ll come in significantly lower than what’s being requested,” he said, saying Tennesseans had to work to ensure the state’s insurance commissioner “does their job in not just passively reviewing the rates, but really asking, ‘OK, what is it that you are looking for here? Why would you need very high premiums?’”

The insurers must have come up with a pretty good explanation. Tennessee approved a 36% hike in premiums for 2016, and they’re hardly alone, as Louise Radnofsky and Stephanie Armour report:

That commissioner, Julie Mix McPeak, answered on Friday by greenlighting the full 36.3% increase sought by the biggest health plan in the state, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee. She said the insurer demonstrated the hefty increase for 2016 was needed to cover higher-than-expected claims from sick people who signed up for individual policies in the first two years of the Affordable Care Act.

Several regulators around the country agree with her, and have approved all or most of the big premium increases sought by the largest health plans in their states for the new sign-up season that begins Nov. 1.

Here’s the chart showing proposed and approved rate increases for 2016 over 2015:

premium-chart-wsj.jpg

More at the link..............................

Edited by B-Man

Which is a lot better than the condemnation of the ACA, which is something like, "Oh, those people just don't need health care, they are not like us."

Where in the holy phuck have you ever heard ANYONE EVER say something like that?

You are quite possibly the single biggest dumbphuck of every dumbphuck combined on this board.

More..............

About 35,000 New Mexicans will have to find new insurance after Blue Cross Blue Shield pulls out of state exchange -

http://www.abqjournal.com/634713/abqnewsseeker/blue-cross-blue-shield-of-new-mexico-pulls-out-of-the-health-exchange.html

Now let’s take a look at why. BCBSNM was losing a ton of money on Obamacare:

Company President Kurt Shipley announced the move Wednesday in a letter to individual customers that was also posted on the insurer’s website,

The letter said Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico lost $19.2 million in 2015 on the 35,000 individuals covered by plans they purchased on and off the exchange.

And the state wouldn’t let them raise rates to cover the true cost of the insurance:

“We were unable to reach an agreement with the Office of Superintendent of Insurance … that would allow us to continue to offer coverage on the state’s health insurance exchange with rates that would be adequate to cover the anticipated needs of our members for the coming year,” Shipley wrote.

Although many other states have raised their rates, shocking Obamacare customers:

Forget 2018..............................how about 2016

States approving huge spikes in health-insurance premiums

When insurance companies began discussing the necessary premium hikes for the third year of ObamaCare coverage, the White House was quick to dismiss the requests. State auditors would surely force insurers to admit that these requests were overblown. Barack Obama himself told a Nashville audience last month that he couldn’t see why insurers needed to hike premiums by more than a third in Tennessee, the Wall Street Journal recalls:

The insurers must have come up with a pretty good explanation. Tennessee approved a 36% hike in premiums for 2016, and they’re hardly alone, as Louise Radnofsky and Stephanie Armour report:

Here’s the chart showing proposed and approved rate increases for 2016 over 2015:

premium-chart-wsj.jpg

More at the link..............................

It amazes me that this is not the NUMBER ONE issue for both citizens and elected officials - on both sides of the aisle. We pay 2x what the rest of the civilized world pays. Think about that 2x - at the end of the day it comes out of your pocket - and at this point I am sure that most of you see what your employer pays for you - and if you are like me - you are paying $20k a year because you are self employed.

If we had HC costs on par - most of Fed and State budget issues would be solved.

Are you telling me we are simply incapable of restructuring our HC delivery system in an "american" style to solve this issue?

Meanwhile - our top contender is in a Twitter fight with with a tv station

Edited by baskin

It amazes me that this is not the NUMBER ONE issue for both citizens and elected officials - on both sides of the aisle.

It's only a major issue on one side of the aisle because the other side of the aisle thinks they fixed this problem with ACA. All that solution did was make things worse for most people.

Coincidentally, today my wife's doctor ordered her to get an MRI and MRA. It was submitted to our health insurance for approval, and there was no telling how long it would take to get approved, let alone scheduled. What we did know that was due to ACA, my insurance now has a very high deductible and the MRI alone was going to be almost $5K out of my pocket.

To expedite the process, they called a private firm to get both tests done quickly, and surprise...it was $450 per test and we go in next week.

But hey...let's have the government look into what it can do to reduce health care costs for everyone, mmmmkay?

It's only a major issue on one side of the aisle because the other side of the aisle thinks they fixed this problem with ACA. All that solution did was make things worse for most people.

Coincidentally, today my wife's doctor ordered her to get an MRI and MRA. It was submitted to our health insurance for approval, and there was no telling how long it would take to get approved, let alone scheduled. What we did know that was due to ACA, my insurance now has a very high deductible and the MRI alone was going to be almost $5K out of my pocket.

To expedite the process, they called a private firm to get both tests done quickly, and surprise...it was $450 per test and we go in next week.

But hey...let's have the government look into what it can do to reduce health care costs for everyone, mmmmkay?

what is you proposal?

lay out your and I will tell you what mine is

what is you proposal?

lay out your and I will tell you what mine is

My first proposal won't work any more, which was to let insurance companies compete across state lines. It wasn't a panacea, but when you only have two options in your state, there are no options. You're screwed.

My new option: pay cash and screw the rest of you. I tried to keep ACA from happening and failed. So you're on your own now.