The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Didn't want to start a new thread so I guess here is as good as anywhere. Gee what a surprise.

Sources: Disabled work program mired in fraud

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/27/us/disabled-work-program-investigation/index.html

IIn all fairness, this isn't a WH problem because the people who run that program are appointed by the...uhh...

Oh, boy.

It's like our country is Wonka's chocolate river and the president is Augustus Gloop.

And again. Can the big government proponents explain their positions again to us.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/28/feds-gave-low-income-housing-to-millionaires/?intcmp=hpbt2

I think the bigger issue is this:

“As of April 2014, the single-member household’s annual income was $65,007, while the low-income threshold was $33,500

Do I understand this correctly? People get housing welfare if they earn $33,000 per year?!? Never mind the case mentioned was in Nebraska.

I think the bigger issue is this:

Do I understand this correctly? People get housing welfare if they earn $33,000 per year?!? Never mind the case mentioned was in Nebraska.

Yes, that's $15.85 an hour.

Waaaait a minute.

Someone forgot to tell Obamacare recipients how lucky they are.

More than two-thirds of Obamacare recipients think the new law sucks and costs too much money.

Maybe it just hasn't been explained to them properly.

Well, paying premiums and then paying co-pays and deductibles is really expensive compared to just going to the ER on an as needed basis without insurance. Looks like free universal care is the only remedy.

No. 1 hospital operator HCA Sees Uninsured Patients Spike http://ow.ly/QxpKY

Hospital stocks sank Wednesday after HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA), the largest for-profit hospital operator in the U.S., signaled that health care reform benefits that hospitals have enjoyed under ObamaCare may be leveling off.

Though HCA reported better-than-expected second-quarter results early Wednesday as admissions and emergency room visits rose, management noted in a post-earnings conference call that uninsured, or self-paid, volumes increased 8.7% in the quarter vs. a year earlier.

HCA was the first hospital operator to report such an increase in the quarter, and it also appeared to be the first rise since enrollment in the Affordable Care Act began in 2014, according to at least one analyst.

"There's a sense that the benefits of health care reform could be leveling off, that it's not going to be a tailwind as much anymore," said the analyst, who asked not to be identified by name ahead of a published research note.

You need to start questioning the people who feed you your copy/paste talking points because they're making you look more foolish than usual.

And trust me, that's no easy feat.

Or people that *say* they are Christians and business owners? (chuckle)

Yes, baby boomers are starting to leave the work force

Or people that *say* they are Christians and business owners? (chuckle)

Yes, baby boomers are starting to leave the work force

Or a person who copies and pastes what others tell him to post and pretends like he's capable of original thought.

Tell us about the baby boomers and how their numbers relate to the aging population and how those two differ from each other as it relates to the number of people who have quit looking for work.

Be specific. Use your own words. Try not to be predictably gatorman.

We'll wait.

Or a person who copies and pastes what others tell him to post and pretends like he's capable of original thought.

Tell us about the baby boomers and how their numbers relate to the aging population and how those two differ from each other as it relates to the number of people who have quit looking for work.

Be specific. Use your own words. Try not to be predictably gatorman.

We'll wait.

You got me, I just made up the baby boomers. Damn you are good!

You got me! :thumbsup:

You're forgetting about the millennials. They have been joining the workfoce en masse and will continue to be an ever growing segment of the workforce. They are now the largest segment of the workforce. So your baby boomers retiring argument doesn't hold water.

Edited by Chef Jim

You're forgetting about the millennials. They have been joining the workfoce en masse and will continue to be an ever growing segment of the workforce. They are now the largest segment of the workforce. So your baby boomers retiring argument doesn't hold water.

No, you just made my argument for me. You are saying baby boomers are no longer the largest section of the workforce. Yes, exactly. And where are they? Not in the workforce. So who isn't in the workforce? Exactly the group of people I said wasn't. Slow down and think