The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

John Kasich on Bill Mahler. Sounds like a Democrat. That idea that health care s a right is probably one of the best things Obama helped ingrain in the US consciousness

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzEklhnkOx4

the free market doesnt work in healthcare mainly bc the insurance companies always end up defacto colluding to cover only the most profitable ppl: the well-off, the well-working, and the healthy

in multiple instances throughout american history, they were caught actually intentionally colluding to that end. but even when they dont do it intentionally, thats the way it ends up as policies always coalesce to the natural and obvious heart of the profit curve. everyone else gets left with scraps at best

what you end up with are armies of duplicated administrators sucking money from a system that becomes increasingly non-competition oriented

thus healthcare simply is not well suited for reliance on the profit motive as a self-regulating entity

Yup! Hard to explain that to people too partisan to listen to anything outside their of their bubble, though.

When the GOP Isn’t Murdering People, It’s Exploiting Rape Victims ......... :doh:

by David French

If yesterday’s accusation that yesterday Republicans voted to “sentence millions of Americans to death” takes the gold in the hyperbole Olympics, then the claim that the GOP just rendered rape a pre-existing condition comes in with a strong silver. The argument goes something like this: A woman who is raped or sexually assaulted suffers physical and emotional injuries. If the GOP bill passes, those injuries could constitute pre-existing conditions that wouldn’t be covered under certain circumstances. So rape itself is now a pre-existing condition.

I was set to respond, but my friend Ben Shapiro beat me to it:

So, let’s parse this. According to the leftist media, if you suffer an injury in a terrible situation, the situation itself is now a pre-existing condition.

In other words, these headlines could just have easily read, “In Trump’s America, Car Crashes Are Pre-Existing Conditions,” or “Under The New Health Care Bill, Soccer Accidents Could Be A Pre-Existing Condition.” The bill itself says that pre-existing conditions are pre-existing conditions. Nowhere does it give a list of pre-existing conditions including “rape” or “sexual assault,” because these are activities leading to injury, not actual injuries.

As Ben notes, “The debate has now been so skewed that we think the government can magically have health insurance cover rape – which doesn’t even make sense.

{snip}

One of the things that’s most galling about the Obamacare debate is the stubborn insistence from all too many activists on the Left that we can have it all. We can have universal, affordable, high-quality health care, and the reasons why we don’t are due to the greed, heartlessness, and hatefulness of our political opponents. Santa Claus is real, they argue, and the only thing keeping him from shimmying down into your house is that spiked grate the GOP put at the top of the chimney.

But the GOP is used to this by now, and so are GOP voters. When it comes to arguments over health care, there truly is nothing new under the sun:

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/447375/when-gop-isnt-murdering-people-its-exploiting-rape-victims

John Kasich on Bill Mahler. Sounds like a Democrat. That idea that health care s a right is probably one of the best things Obama helped ingrain in the US consciousness

I thought Kasich was the only presidential candidate that could of had bipartisan support from Congress. That is how he got things done as Ohio Gov. He was by far my favorite , but that's history .

Chairman of the House Budget Committee
In 1997, Kasich rose to national prominence after becoming "the chief architect of a deal that balanced the federal budget for the first time since 1969"—the Balanced Budget Act of 1997
Edited by ALF

I'll take The Left STILL Doesn't Know Why Hillary Lost for $1,000,000 Alex. :wallbash:

Yup! Hard to explain that to people too partisan to listen to anything outside their of their bubble, though.

Two things: The way you mangle the English language makes me believe that you would lose out to a rock in an IQ contest. The other thing is if health care is a right, what else is? Wealth? Happiness? A nice tan?

We can have universal, affordable, high-quality health care, and the reasons why we don’t are due to the greed, heartlessness, and hatefulness of our political opponents.

remove the hatefulness and that parts true

on the hc front its republicans i whole heartedly disagree with. it is indeed greed and heartlessness that drives its main healthcare policy

i wouldnt say hatefulness bc for most i dont think it goes that far. but it is a rigid worship of the idea that money equals worthiness, that we must let each individual keep as many pennies as they possibly can so that we can determine their worthiness

very sick. petty and selfish. deeply disappointing

theyve had many chances to deliver on hc and they never have. at least not nationally, its literally never. so what the hell else am i supposed to believe

right wingers suck ass on healthcare. and since the gop is now driven by the fear of being 'primaried', that party sucks the most serious ass on hc right now

I also have first hand knowledge, and given that, I assume you feel that all sales and marketing directed at end suppliers is bribery, given the logical extensions of your position.

Which is absurd.

Yet, it's even more absurd that you feel this is worth discussing as a major driver of pharma costs when compared to our subsidization of costs for the rest of the world.

Let me say this as directly as possible: The reason all of Europe and the rest of the socialized West is able to artificially keep the costs of their drugs down is because the US subsidizes those costs. It's not a replicatable model, and if we do as GG suggests (and I happen to agree), drug companies will be forced to raise their costs with other developed nations, which will break their already strained (and in several cases already failing) models.

If you pull the demographics most likely to be healthy out of the risk pool, you drive up costs for those on the other end of the spectrum.

I'm interested what failing models you are referring to. Not questioning the validity of your statement, just curious about specifics.

thanks alf. i know

not hard considering. theyve built a ѕhit chamber here where empty insults win. not hard to ignore

it is annoying tho. our culture is in a bad time where we are literally manufacturing conflict. its little fkd up silos like the dominant element in this forum that are at the root

this is exactly the kind of baseless abuse environment we need to resist to move out of this self-created ѕhithole

here it the ѕhit tsunami that rules

resist the asshollery!

Edited by Meathead

I've always been curious how someone could assert that they have a "right" to something which is a commodity with a finite supply, which is 100% reliant on others to produce.

I've yet to hear an answer which is sufficient.

Anyone care to try?

I've always been curious how someone could assert that they have a "right" to something which is a commodity with a finite supply, which is 100% reliant on others to produce.

Anyone care to try?

That's a good question for DC Tom

Time to lean on the smartest guy in the room.

Edited by ALF

Anyone care to try?

Put sufficient resources forward to ensure supply gets as close to meeting demand as possible.

That was difficult...

I've been really busy the last few days and don't have it in me to read through a bunch of garbage in order to maybe finally get to the truth. So, can somebody tell me what is being talked about on social media - about rape being a precondition?

Thanks for pointing this out.

This what irritates me about this kind of stuff. The problem with the high cost of health care in this country goes WAY beyond insurance. Don't worry about pharma companies raising the price to ridiculous heights for no other reason than profit. Never mind how much money they and the big mail order prescription companies give us (Congress. My senator got $250,000.00 last year).

Look over here, rape is a pre existing condition. Death panels.

That's why this stuff will never change.

One dollar. One vote.

Edited by reddogblitz

Thanks for pointing this out.

This what irritates me about this kind of stuff. The problem with the high cost of health care in this country goes WAY beyond insurance. Don't worry about pharma companies raising the price to ridiculous heights for no other reason than profit. Never mind how much money they and the big mail order prescription companies give us (Congress. My senator got $250,000.00 last year).

Look over here, rape is a pre existing condition. Death panels.

That's why this stuff will never change.

One dollar. One vote.

I'm so sick of trying to sift through crap to try to find out the real deal on things. All these posts in my social media feeds about rape, etc. - and all I knew was that it was wrong without even knowing anything.