The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Just look at countries with the best health system and go from there.

Again, I live in a country with socialized medicine and yet I pay for health care because wait times are just way too long.

Is Trump just trolling America by calling Australia's Universal Health Care system even better than ours or is he really that ignorant?

He's really that ignorant.

Again, I live in a country with socialized medicine and yet I pay for health care because wait times are just way too long.

He's really that ignorant.

Supplement or full price for sooner care ?

A single payer system is the only way to go.

I have not known anyone in Canada that has been denied timely care for illness, that's not true that they die waiting or run to the US. All relatives and friends and co-workers were imediately treated for their knee/hip replacements and surgery requirements and treatments.

Supplement or full price for sooner care ?

Supplement.

Just to give you an idea, a large percentage of my income taxes (which are the highest in North America) go to the health care budget and yet that's not enough to get treatment.

And just an FYI, sooner could be a year sooner which is a lot if you're suffering from a medical condition. Also, it's incredibly difficult to get a family doctor.

A single payer system is the only way to go. I have not known anyone in Canada that has been denied timely care for illness, that's not true that they die waiting or run to the US. All relatives and friends and co-workers were imediately treated for their knee/hip replacements and surgery requirements and treatments.

What province?

Supplement.

Just to give you an idea, a large percentage of my income taxes (which are the highest in North America) go to the health care budget and yet that's not enough to get treatment.

And just an FYI, sooner could be a year sooner which is a lot if you're suffering from a medical condition. Also, it's incredibly difficult to get a family doctor.

Thanks for that info, I still admire Canada :thumbsup:

Supplement.

Is this the reddogz' version of supply & demand? As more people get covered, there's a mad rush of providers into the healthcare field so service and wait times improve?

Grew up in southern Ontario and live and work in Toronto.

I do not know ANYONE who had to wait "too long" for catastrophic emergency treatment, nor anyone who had to wait unduly for a knee or hip replacement. Family doctor appointments are always granted the next day at worst.

The US government will more and more be seen as responsible for providing health care for all, and single payer will be the only answer.

Taxes up here... $26,000 on your first $100,000 of taxable income. About half to the province, last I looked, and 80 percent of that half to health care. Plus work benefits for other coverage.

A safety net for catastrophic health care for all should be the goal. The family tree has been fortunate health-wise, so we've grossly overpaid in Canada, but that's part of the system if one day someone has an emergency. As well doctors are paid a very competitive wage up here, but not mega-millions.

In the US some of us have huge deductibles , out of pocket , copay for medical care , so I would be ok with the Canada system jmo

Unless you just had a catastrophic plan, did you have those huge deductibles before the ACA was put in place?

Not facing a $200,000 bill for your child's illness, or other emergency is the price Canadians pay for what may be a higher annual tax base. We decided health care universally was a top priority for our citizens. We also put almost nothing into defense, for which we are grateful.

A safety net for catastrophic health care for all should be the goal. The family tree has been fortunate health-wise, so we've grossly overpaid in Canada, but that's part of the system if one day someone has an emergency. As well doctors are paid a very competitive wage up here, but not mega-millions.

I've long been an advocate for a national pool for catastrophic care.

Not facing a $200,000 bill for your child's illness, or other emergency is the price Canadians pay for what may be a higher annual tax base. We decided health care universally was a top priority for our citizens. We also put almost nothing into defense, for which we are grateful.

Now imagine if your country also provided military defense for the entire western world.

We also put almost nothing into defense, for which we are grateful.

Must be nice living next door to a rich uncle who takes care of the other sovereign needs for you