The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

He's told me several times, PPP made him hate some of his favorite TSW/OTW posters, hence his absence.

And he's got a point.

It's a shame when it comes to that. I posted here all the time when PPP was new (anyone remember the dark days of Rivals?), but left because it became way to shrill - nobody discussed anything, there was lots of anger and name-calling (much more than there is now), and it just seemed pointless. After about a decade I began to lurk again, and saw that there were still a few familiar folks but a lot of new ones were here. Something else was new - people were actually discussing things instead of just bitching back & forth. It was much more interesting. People were taking the time to frame their opinions in a manner in which you could get yourself to actually think about what they were saying. Gone was the constant parade of butt hurt soreheads.

You still need to be able to back up what you say, and if you can't or won't, you still get skewered. If that happens, you deserve it. If you're smart, you'll reconsider your opinion, or better yet, go study up a little more on what you think you already know. I've been surprised several times upon learning that I was wrong about something, and I've tried to be honest enough to admit when that was the case. If someone can't handle the crucible, then they're not being honest with themselves. If they run away, or actually start to dislike other people because they can't handle having their beliefs or positions on issues criticized, then they won't ever learn a damn thing, and they're better off posting elsewhere.

It's a shame when it comes to that. I posted here all the time when PPP was new (anyone remember the dark days of Rivals?), but left because it became way to shrill - nobody discussed anything, there was lots of anger and name-calling (much more than there is now), and it just seemed pointless. After about a decade I began to lurk again, and saw that there were still a few familiar folks but a lot of new ones were here. Something else was new - people were actually discussing things instead of just bitching back & forth. It was much more interesting. People were taking the time to frame their opinions in a manner in which you could get yourself to actually think about what they were saying. Gone was the constant parade of butt hurt soreheads.

You still need to be able to back up what you say, and if you can't or won't, you still get skewered. If that happens, you deserve it. If you're smart, you'll reconsider your opinion, or better yet, go study up a little more on what you think you already know. I've been surprised several times upon learning that I was wrong about something, and I've tried to be honest enough to admit when that was the case. If someone can't handle the crucible, then they're not being honest with themselves. If they run away, or actually start to dislike other people because they can't handle having their beliefs or positions on issues criticized, then they won't ever learn a damn thing, and they're better off posting elsewhere.

:beer::beer:

Amen brother...

Minnesota Could Be the First Obamacare Domino to Fall.

Leave it to Big Government to coerce a market into existence, where individuals are required to buy a product they can’t afford to use, and which producers can’t afford to sell — and then blame the free market for the inevitable collapse.

CLINTON ALLY ON OBAMACARE WEBSITE: ‘IN REAL LIFE PEOPLE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN FIRED.’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKT-eWMWXOE

Edited by B-Man

Leave it to Big Government to coerce a market into existence, where individuals are required to buy a product they can’t afford to use, and which producers can’t afford to sell — and then blame the free market for the inevitable collapse.

CLINTON ALLY ON OBAMACARE WEBSITE: ‘IN REAL LIFE PEOPLE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN FIRED.’

It has always been my opinion that Obamacare was never intended to succeed, it was merely passed to be Phase 1. Anyone with an ounce of sense knew it was doomed for failure the way it was constructed. The real plan was to pass Obamacare to get people used to the idea of government "assisted" healthcare, then when it starts to implode morph it into true socialized medicine.

It has always been my opinion that Obamacare was never intended to succeed, it was merely passed to be Phase 1. Anyone with an ounce of sense knew it was doomed for failure the way it was constructed. The real plan was to pass Obamacare to get people used to the idea of government "assisted" healthcare, then when it starts to implode morph it into true socialized medicine.

That is the theory, where I believe that theory fails is that I believe that you guys are miscalculating Obama's ego. This is his baby, this is his legacy. If he is to go down in history as a meaningful president it will be because Obamacare eventually became a main staple in American life. I have no doubt in my mind that is what he wants. If Obamacare no longer exists and we get some sort of "Medicare-for-all" or Single payor sort of healthcare system, his legacy will no longer be in tact.

So, from my perspective I have very little doubt that when he proposed and passed this bill, in his mind this was not some sort of first step as you put it but more what would become part of the fabric of the U.S's healthcare system.

That is the theory, where I believe that theory fails is that I believe that you guys are miscalculating Obama's ego. This is his baby, this is his legacy. If he is to go down in history as a meaningful president it will be because Obamacare eventually became a main staple in American life. I have no doubt in my mind that is what he wants. If Obamacare no longer exists and we get some sort of "Medicare-for-all" or Single payor sort of healthcare system, his legacy will no longer be in tact.

So, from my perspective I have very little doubt that when he proposed and passed this bill, in his mind this was not some sort of first step as you put it but more what would become part of the fabric of the U.S's healthcare system.

I'm not so sure about that. Remember when Gruber got busted for saying that it was the stupidity of the American people that enabled them to sell the whole concept of Obamacare? That tells me that they knew the design was flawed from the outset. If you ask me, Obama's ego would be just as satisfied if history regarded him as the one who instigated the change to socialized healthcare.

I'm not so sure about that. Remember when Gruber got busted for saying that it was the stupidity of the American people that enabled them to sell the whole concept of Obamacare? That tells me that they knew the design was flawed from the outset. If you ask me, Obama's ego would be just as satisfied if history regarded him as the one who instigated the change to socialized healthcare.

I believe that Gruber reflects the thought of many Democrats, Obama included.

But I'm not so sure about Obama being satisfied with that, I remember him and his allies being pretty pissed towards Sanders when he was essentially trashing Obamacare and promoting Medicare-for-all.

I believe that Gruber reflects the thought of many Democrats, Obama included.

But I'm not so sure about Obama being satisfied with that, I remember him and his allies being pretty pissed towards Sanders when he was essentially trashing Obamacare and promoting Medicare-for-all.

I'm not saying that I think you're wrong, I'm just not convinced that what you're saying is right. I suppose it doesn't much matter either way though since Obamacare is such a piece of trash.

I'm not saying that I think you're wrong, I'm just not convinced that what you're saying is right. I suppose it doesn't much matter either way though since Obamacare is such a piece of trash.

Yeah, it is.

If they don't address the unfairness of the subsidies and how it is distributed and cost of the premiums it will fall apart.

Interesting use of the term "in real life".

A quarter of a million people in NC are going to lose their coverage.

That's astounding.

This thing looks like it's going to blow up across the map just in time for Barry to take on quarter-million-dollar speaking gigs where he explains to everyone that the law would have worked if only it weren't for those pesky Republicans.

Seems to me it matters little what he does with Iran, Gitmo, or global cooling warming climate change. His legacy will be the single most destructive and embarrassing piece of legislation ever passed in the history of forever.

A quarter of a million people in NC are going to lose their coverage.

That's astounding.

This thing looks like it's going to blow up across the map just in time for Barry to take on quarter-million-dollar speaking gigs where he explains to everyone that the law would have worked if only it weren't for those pesky Republicans.

Seems to me it matters little what he does with Iran, Gitmo, or global cooling warming climate change. His legacy will be the single most destructive and embarrassing piece of legislation ever passed in the history of forever.

It's quite incredible how the media isn't covering this the way it should be. It's embarrassing, it's because of the mainstream media that we have the rise of these other hucksters, they hate the media so much that they look to other sources for their "news", unfortunately it really isn't so much news as it is propaganda.

It's quite incredible how the media isn't covering this the way it should be. It's embarrassing, it's because of the mainstream media that we have the rise of these other hucksters, they hate the media so much that they look to other sources for their "news", unfortunately it really isn't so much news as it is propaganda.

It's only incredible to those who haven't been paying attention for the past 16 years.