The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

: Video: Bill Clinton Trashes Obamacare At Event, Calls It ‘Crazy System.’

Former President Bill Clinton attacked President Barack Obama’s signature health care legislation Monday, calling it a “crazy system” that “doesn’t make any sense” during a Michigan campaign event for Hillary.

“It doesn’t many any sense. The insurance model doesn’t work here,” Clinton said about the government-run marketplaces Obamacare set up. Clinton said that Obamacare “works fine” for people with “modest” incomes or who are eligible for government subsidies, or Medicare. But he added that, “the people that are getting killed in this deal are small business people and individuals who make just a little too much to get any of these subsidies.”

I’m so old, I can remember when saying things like this made you a racist tool of Big Healthcare.

OBAMACARE IS COLLAPSING: Hilary Pleads the Fifth, and Obama takes his victory lap

: Video: Bill Clinton Trashes Obamacare At Event, Calls It Crazy System.

Former President Bill Clinton attacked President Barack Obamas signature health care legislation Monday, calling it a crazy system that doesnt make any sense during a Michigan campaign event for Hillary.

It doesnt many any sense. The insurance model doesnt work here, Clinton said about the government-run marketplaces Obamacare set up. Clinton said that Obamacare works fine for people with modest incomes or who are eligible for government subsidies, or Medicare. But he added that, the people that are getting killed in this deal are small business people and individuals who make just a little too much to get any of these subsidies.

Im so old, I can remember when saying things like this made you a racist tool of Big Healthcare.

OBAMACARE IS COLLAPSING: Hilary Pleads the Fifth, and Obama takes his victory lap

You do understand that's a setup for single payer right? Of course you do.

OBAMACARE PROBLEMS ARE A CAMPAIGN ISSUE:

Small businesses are screaming about reporting requirements as well as rising costs. At the end of this month individual voters will start screaming when they see next year’s premiums.

The linked article quotes some “fix it” advocates. OK, “fix it” is an option — of sorts.

However, the mess that is ObamaCare is a Democrat mess, so fixing it starts with Democrats “fixing” the bitter partisan divisions they created.

Republicans offered legislative fixes when ObamaCare was proposed. Democrats and their media allies harshly ridiculed Republican proposals. Moreover, the ridicule became very personal.

Over time, media denied that there were any Republican alternatives.

So, if you’re in the “fix it” crowd, demand Democrats take responsibility for the following:

(1) the flawed legislation;

(2) the “Gruber experts” that lied about the flawed legislation — lied to Congress and the media;

(3) the completely pig-headed Democrat political maneuvers that jammed the idiocy through Congress; and

(4) the program’s flawed implementation (which continues).

Democrats should also apologize, profusely, for the vicious propaganda attacks they and their proxies made on critics of ObamaCare.

Turns out the critics cared more about quality medical insurance for the American people than Obama and Congressional Democrats.

You do understand that's a setup for single payer right? Of course you do.

I get what you are saying, but I don't think so. Reason being is that I don't believe that is what Hillary will look to do. Single payer is not a fight she is going to embark upon in her presidency. She's more of a compromise sort of person, my hunch is that she will look to work with congress and make some changes to it and I believe that Ryan, being the rational man that he is will look to strike a deal.

I believe they will try to take out the mandate, but I'm not sure that they will get that concession out of her. I do think they will revise the subsidy system, because as Bill mentioned, which he was 100% correct, it is a wholly unfair system. People who work hard and play by the rules who barely don't qualify for subsidies have to pay outrageous premiums.

I think they'll reform the minimum essential benefits, maybe look to increase competition with more across state carriers and maybe some additional forms of tort reform. I also believe they will look to have medical underwriting outside of open enrollment.

In exchange, she'll get that bailout fund for the carriers. With these changes, you'll see carriers come back to the exchange and we should see premiums at the very least stabilize if not drop.

I get what you are saying, but I don't think so. Reason being is that I don't believe that is what Hillary will look to do. Single payer is not a fight she is going to embark upon in her presidency. She's more of a compromise sort of person, my hunch is that she will look to work with congress and make some changes to it and I believe that Ryan, being the rational man that he is will look to strike a deal.

I believe they will try to take out the mandate, but I'm not sure that they will get that concession out of her. I do think they will revise the subsidy system, because as Bill mentioned, which he was 100% correct, it is a wholly unfair system. People who work hard and play by the rules who barely don't qualify for subsidies have to pay outrageous premiums.

I think they'll reform the minimum essential benefits, maybe look to increase competition with more across state carriers and maybe some additional forms of tort reform. I also believe they will look to have medical underwriting outside of open enrollment.

In exchange, she'll get that bailout fund for the carriers. With these changes, you'll see carriers come back to the exchange and we should see premiums at the very least stabilize if not drop.

Because the Dems !@#$ed up the system so badly. It's a train wreck of epic proportions. The Cadillac tax incentivized employers to drop them from their employee's benefit offerings. So employees got their new "benefit" in the form of higher deductibles, lower coverage, and much higher premiums. Plus perhaps a $3,000 + surtax on their income.

The other things you mention were offerings from the Republicans and the Dems just told them to stfu and commenced to shi t right down their throats.

Because the Dems !@#$ed up the system so badly. It's a train wreck of epic proportions. The Cadillac tax incentivized employers to drop them from their employee's benefit offerings. So employees got their new "benefit" in the form of higher deductibles, lower coverage, and much higher premiums. Plus perhaps a $3,000 + surtax on their income.

The other things you mention were offerings from the Republicans and the Dems just told them to stfu and commenced to shi t right down their throats.

Yep... this is a lesson in Civics and Politics, you don't try to push through such large legislation on a purely partisan basis. Without the backing of most of the American public, it is destined to have major issues going forward.

Yep... this is a lesson in Civics and Politics, you don't try to push through such large legislation on a purely partisan basis. Without the backing of most of the American public, it is destined to have major issues going forward.

This perhaps more than any other issue has galvanized me against the Dems. There are ways to address the issue, but what we got was them going full Animal House food fight to get their "triumph". Well, they took oversight of nearly 20% of the nation's economy and have royally screwed it up.

This perhaps more than any other issue has galvanized me against the Dems. There are ways to address the issue, but what we got was them going full Animal House food fight to get their "triumph". Well, they took oversight of nearly 20% of the nation's economy and have royally screwed it up.

Obama and other progressives saw this as an opportunity to get through "universal" healthcare and he was going to ram it through at all costs.

The funny thing is that if he hadn't been so greedy, they could have peeled off a few Senators and congressman if they had dropped some of the provisions and added a few GOP wants to the legislation.

My guess is that Hillary and Ryan are going to be radically reforming it.

The funny thing is that if he hadn't been so greedy, they could have peeled off a few Senators and congressman if they had dropped some of the provisions and added a few GOP wants to the legislation.

He had a couple of them right on the fence and they could have easily been had, but I think the GOP was able to convince them that ACA would be a disaster no matter what concessions would be made, and it would make more sense to let the left hang themselves.

Frankly, I'd let this phucker rot to schitt with no help at all, and let people suffer the consequences, all the while explaining how it was forced on the American people exclusively by Democrats. But we can't do that.

If they were smart, which I believe Ryan to be he'd recognize that they have most of the leverage on their side, specially if the R's can hold the senate. Hillary has to:

A) Not come in without the notion that she believes she has some sort of mandate to demand that R's succumb to her demands. The R's holding the senate would help with that.

B) Recognize that something dramatic has to be done in order to save the Individual market.

The R's could easily get her to drop the cadillac tax, medical device tax and alter some of the minimum essential benefits. Those are the give me's

The other things they should press is for increased competition across state lines, medical underwriting outside of open enrollment and additional Tort Reform measures. As well as reforming the subsidy calculations, the way the law is crafted is unfair to many in the middle class.

In exchange, they will look to keep intact the subsidies and reinstate the risk corridors.

If they were smart, which I believe Ryan to be he'd recognize that they have most of the leverage on their side, specially if the R's can hold the senate. Hillary has to:

A) Not come in without the notion that she believes she has some sort of mandate to demand that R's succumb to her demands. The R's holding the senate would help with that.

B) Recognize that something dramatic has to be done in order to save the Individual market.

The R's could easily get her to drop the cadillac tax, medical device tax and alter some of the minimum essential benefits. Those are the give me's

The other things they should press is for increased competition across state lines, medical underwriting outside of open enrollment and additional Tort Reform measures. As well as reforming the subsidy calculations, the way the law is crafted is unfair to many in the middle class.

In exchange, they will look to keep intact the subsidies and reinstate the risk corridors.

A not unreasonable pathway to fixing things.

However, even if Hillary and Ryan agreed and pushed it......................it would still fail

because Senate democrats DO NOT COMPROMISE............ever................I have not seen it in the half century that I have been paying attention.

As a minority they would filibuster it, and the weak GOP senators have proven incapable of ever confronting them (and the media)

However, even if Hillary and Ryan agreed and pushed it......................it would still fail

because Senate democrats DO NOT COMPROMISE............ever................I have not seen it in the half century that I have been paying attention.

As a minority they would filibuster it, and the weak GOP senators have proven incapable of ever confronting them (and the media)

Obama was against this because he's hard-headed. He never wants to give a single inch to the R's because in his own beliefs he thinks the R's are backwards and always wrong and that everything he believes is always right.

Hillary I believe will be more like her husband, a triangulator. At least that is my hope anyway.

But Schumer will replace Black-eye Reid in the next Congress. He'd glow at the possibility of "fixing" this abortion they foisted on the country. He'd bask in the glory of being hailed as bi-partisan.

But Schumer will replace Black-eye Reid in the next Congress. He'd glow at the possibility of "fixing" this abortion they foisted on the country. He'd bask in the glory of being hailed as bi-partisan.

While he certainly enjoys "glow basking".

You are forgetting, Chuck is NOT going to compromise...............ever.

His idea of bi-partisanship is getting everything he wants and giving up nothing.

and do you REALLY think he is going to defer to Hillary...............his junior.

No way.

Obama was against this because he's hard-headed. He never wants to give a single inch to the R's because in his own beliefs he thinks the R's are backwards and always wrong and that everything he believes is always right.

I think it's even less than that. I think Obama is just a baby. His entire political career is never about what he has done or what he can do, but what others have done and what others will do.

It's why his presidency has been so godawful. Because a genuine leader would never spend any measured amount of time on blame beyond evaluating what went wrong to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Blame isn't a learning experience for Obama. It's a rhetorical weapon, as is typically used by the biggest of babies.

Long ago Rep. Jan Schakowsky created a real headache for Democrats when she said eliminating private insurance was the goal of the public option.

At the time, Democrats denied it and even Schakowsky herself went on television to walk back her remarks.

Now, seven years later, it seems Bill Clinton has embraced her point of view.

Would we even be here now if Democrats had been honest back then?

Architect of Obamacare blames law’s implosion on party that didn’t cast a single vote for its passage

This week, Bill Clinton made a campaign trail confession that small business owners and the middle class are “getting killed” by the ironically named Affordable Care Act.

Ezekiel Emanuel, who is credited (or discredited as it were) with being the architect of Obamacare, really dialed the weasel amp up to eleven for his defense of the imploding disaster. Instead of apologizing to America and agreeing to banish himself forever to a remote atoll in the South Pacific, Emanuel blamed people in the political party that didn’t cast one vote for its passage and warned that this very thing would happen if the law was implemented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1LiNry9jiY

Oh, and Emanuel’s “solution” to getting people on board who refuse coverage because they can’t afford the premiums? Raising the penalty for refusing coverage. You will find a way to afford that coverage you can’t afford, or you’ll either go broke paying the tax penalty (or to jail for not paying it) and have no health insurance coverage… because Democrats care about you, dammit!