A TY and a TJ diverged in the woods...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All 3 are hindsight,

Well, yeah….but hindsight is harder on the Bills than any other team in the NFL…..and really kind to teams playing this weekend.

I'm still pissed they picked Maybin.

On the pissed meter, there's Whitner, Fina, McKelvin, Ronnie Harmon, then Maybin. They needed a pass rusher…he just turned out to be a joke. The others had clearly better players available.

All 3 are hindsight,

All 3 are starting on playoff teams.

And the teams that took the QBs already had starters on the roster, or thought they had just acquired one in Seattle's case. They just figured they would stock up on more QBs....

Edited by Mr. WEO

How exactly is it unreal? You can play the hindsight game with every team for every draft.

It's not really hindsight when the entire world is like "What the ??? Did you mean TY not TJ?"

That was a horrible at the time it was made and to this day it is still a horrible pick.

Well, yeah….but hindsight is harder on the Bills than any other team in the NFL…..and really kind to teams playing this weekend.

On the pissed meter, there's Whitner, Fina, McKelvin, Ronnie Harmon, then Maybin. They needed a pass rusher…he just turned out to be a joke. The others had clearly better players available.

Don't forget the panic Losman pick and trading up for the incomparable John McCargo.

I'm still pissed they benched Flutie.

Yes. The curse of Flutie.

It's not really hindsight when the entire world is like "What the ??? Did you mean TY not TJ?"

That was a horrible at the time it was made and to this day it is still a horrible pick.

Yes.

Every year every team misses on draft picks. How many other teams picked a receiver before him? 12!!! Including the niners picking one in the first round that they already have up on. You know the same niners that have played in the NFC championship game 2 years in a row.

I bet the Colts, Eagles and Seahawks are not looking back in hindsight and asking "why did we pick Hilton/Foles/Wilson", or "why didn't we pick TJ Graham?".

Good for them they hit on their picks. They have also missed on many as has every team in every round.

You've missed the point entirely. But thanks for repeating the non sequitor that teams miss picks.

What is the point? He was the 13th wr off the board. Good for him good for the Colts. Every draft pick is a lottery pick some work out and some don't.

Here is a question along the topic...

Does every player that succeeds or fails do so on their own or does team, scheme, and surrounding talent also contribute? There is no guarantee that t.y. wouldn't perform at the level of t.j. If he was drafted by the Bills.

There is no guarantee that t.y. wouldn't perform at the level of t.j. If he was drafted by the Bills.

I don't think this is correct. Pretty much a guarantee we'd have cut him after the preseason if he was drafted by the Bills.

How exactly is it unreal? You can play the hindsight game with every team for every draft.

That line about hindsight is such a tired cliche. The fact is NFL GM's are paid to "get it right" and should be right more often than not. We all know the draft is a crapshoot, but when your team that has missed the playoffs 14 straight seasons would be FAR superior just by making the "Kiper pick" in every draft, you have a right to complain. How much does it cost to buy Mel Kiper's draft guide? There will always be hits and misses, but this team has had FAR more misses than the law of averages would dictate. It's a much bigger problem than one to be simply dismissed by old chestnuts about hindsight. People paid huge gobs of money to be right have stunk at their job for far too long for this franchise.

That line about hindsight is such a tired cliche. The fact is NFL GM's are paid to "get it right" and should be right more often than not. We all know the draft is a crapshoot, but when your team that has missed the playoffs 14 straight seasons would be FAR superior just by making the "Kiper pick" in every draft, you have a right to complain. How much does it cost to buy Mel Kiper's draft guide? There will always be hits and misses, but this team has had FAR more misses than the law of averages would dictate. It's a much bigger problem than one to be simply dismissed by old chestnuts about hindsight. People paid huge gobs of money to be right have stunk at their job for far too long for this franchise.

You know, I like what you say here. I hate the "Whitner" and "McCargo" type picks that seem to say, "we're smarter than everyone else" but end up saying, "Ok, we effed up....and that's why we are unemployed."

How TJ was picked where he was is beyond me. That type of total miss is horrendous.

I think we drafted well last season, but EJ has to pan out. Keep picking QBs at value spots until we have one we win with.

Edited by Bronc24

Thumbsup: I've made this exact post 50 times it feels like.

When you're critical of a pick as it's made you're "an idiot for not giving him a chance, gotta wait 4yrs". But when you're critical 4yrs later it's written off as hindsight. So basically you just can't rip drafts ever. Wouldn't we all love to have that little accountability in our jobs? Seems like an awesome gig.

And yes, sadly if you could go back 12yrs, fired every single front office body collecting a check and just went "sort by Kiper" for picks, the $ you'd save on salaries/traveling/other expenses would surpass "Toronto $" plus you'd have a roster that is no worse.

Thumbsup: I've made this exact post 50 times it feels like.

When you're critical of a pick as it's made you're "an idiot for not giving him a chance, gotta wait 4yrs". But when you're critical 4yrs later it's written off as hindsight. So basically you just can't rip drafts ever. Wouldn't we all love to have that little accountability in our jobs? Seems like an awesome gig.

And yes, sadly if you could go back 12yrs, fired every single front office body collecting a check and just went "sort by Kiper" for picks, the $ you'd save on salaries/traveling/other expenses would surpass "Toronto $" plus you'd have a roster that is no worse.

That is spot on.

Edited by billsfan714

Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since 93. Might as well say they've done just as bad.

I'm sure you could say for a fact that if this was the Bills, fans still wouldn't be happy. 20 years and they haven't made it past the first rd. I'm sure they are pleased as punch at just making the playoffs cause that's all that really matters. Fans would never be upset with that?

This was not a hindsight mistake. TY Hilton coming out of college was the s_ _t. I remember Colin Cowherd hyping the guy up before the draft and I turned on some youtube video and dude was tearing it up. Plus having Andrew Luck and playing on the fast track in the dome

doesn't hurt either.

I'll bet the Eagle fans are pissed at their inept coaching staff for not starting Foles from week one. Their record would have been better, They may have had a bye and therefore would not have lost yesterday. How can a Michael Vick start in front of a QB that has one of the four highest quarterback ratings ever? The only reason Foles got a chance to play was Vick got hurt.