Playoffs : KC Chiefs at Indy Colts

Just Jack

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or luck come out as a junior and settle for cam! Oh well. Wasn't in the cards.

or take our 1st round "franchise QB" this year since there are several really promising ones. Instead we took ours last April in maybe the weakest QB class in years. Bills have no Luck.

or take our 1st round "franchise QB" this year since there are several really promising ones. Instead we took ours last April in maybe the weakest QB class in years. Bills have no Luck.

Sometimes you have to make your own Luck. Unfortunately ours is bad.

Lol, Chiefs fans were saying they were going to lose the game after the Colts made it 38-24...said Sutton has great game plans until teams figure them out then they get shredded cause he has no adjustment...pretty much what we saw

Anyone remember that one thread where the guy ranted the Bills were FAR better than the Colts and that Luck was just average QB talent in the NFL?

This wild card game made me remember that thread and I chuckled.

I would think he's not representing today.

My brother just told me that after the Chiefs opened up their largest lead of the night, from that point on they threw 23 times out of 33 plays. I'm going to hunt for a link.

ESPN Stats & Info@ESPNStatsInfo 28m

After going up 38-10, the Chiefs offense dropped back to pass on 23 of 33 plays (70%) #KCvsIND #NFLPlayoffs

Edited by sodbuster

My brother just told me that after the Chiefs opened up their largest lead of the night, from that point on they threw 23 times out of 33 plays. I'm going to hunt for a link.

ESPN Stats & Info@ESPNStatsInfo 28m

After going up 38-10, the Chiefs offense dropped back to pass on 23 of 33 plays (70%) #KCvsIND #NFLPlayoffs

Screw the injuries. That's why they lost the game. Nice job, Andy. (Philly fans nodding their heads)

Anyone remember that one thread where the guy ranted the Bills were FAR better than the Colts and that Luck was just average QB talent in the NFL?

This wild card game made me remember that thread and I chuckled.

He linked it in this thread! :bag:

My wife and I went to the game. We've been in Indy for 12+ years and have adopted the Colts as a (distant) second favorite team. When Luck threw the pick to start the third quarter, I looked at my wife and said, "That's how the Bills' comeback started." She started laughing because it was after the Oilers' third-quarter pick 6 that she claimed Buffalo would come back and win. (Greatest prediction in sports history, made by someone who doesn't even like sports all that much. Go figure.)

I really did have a gut feeling that the Colts were going to win. Can't explain it. Just know it was fun to be there to watch it, and brought back great memories of the Bills' comeback. I can't imagine what it would have been like to have been there in '93. I can't imagine what The Stadium Wall and the Bills-Oilers gameday thread would have been like that day. Maybe someone with a bunch of time on their hands should make one up.

My wife and I went to the game. We've been in Indy for 12+ years and have adopted the Colts as a (distant) second favorite team. When Luck threw the pick to start the third quarter, I looked at my wife and said, "That's how the Bills' comeback started." She started laughing because it was after the Oilers' third-quarter pick 6 that she claimed Buffalo would come back and win. (Greatest prediction in sports history, made by someone who doesn't even like sports all that much. Go figure.)

I really did have a gut feeling that the Colts were going to win. Can't explain it. Just know it was fun to be there to watch it, and brought back great memories of the Bills' comeback. I can't imagine what it would have been like to have been there in '93. I can't imagine what The Stadium Wall and the Bills-Oilers gameday thread would have been like that day. Maybe someone with a bunch of time on their hands should make one up.

I had similar thoughts about 'The Comeback', Dave; however, I didn't think it until the Colts scored their TD on the drive following Luck's INT which led to the 38-10 KC lead. As for the Bills, I was watching the Oilers-Bills game at the house of another die-hard Bills fans along with a third Bills fan. The third guy was an eternal optimist, always saying "we're gonna win this game" whenever the Bills got down...but not on this day. When Reich threw the pick six to open the third and put the Bills in a 32-3 deficit, his spirit was pretty much broken...something I'd never seen from him. The other guy was pretty despondent, as well (who wasn't?). When the Bills scored their first TD to make it 35-10, I turned to them and said, "Well, it's a start...we still have time." That barely elicited a response but they now at least had a pulse. The Bills' next TD, making it 35-17, brought them to life and the excitement was back. By the time Steve Christie booted the game winner in OT, we were jumping up and down and ended up in a heap in the middle of the floor and the homeowner had suffered a sprained ankle. LOL Good times. B-)

Sometimes you have to make your own Luck. Unfortunately ours is bad.

No, it is not bad Luck, it is simply bad choices. And any amount of dreaming will never turn EJ into a Luck. Our bad luck in Buffalo is that we have the FO we have.

Edited by simpleman

I had similar thoughts about 'The Comeback', Dave; however, I didn't think it until the Colts scored their TD on the drive following Luck's INT which led to the 38-10 KC lead. As for the Bills, I was watching the Oilers-Bills game at the house of another die-hard Bills fans along with a third Bills fan. The third guy was an eternal optimist, always saying "we're gonna win this game" whenever the Bills got down...but not on this day. When Reich threw the pick six to open the third and put the Bills in a 32-3 deficit, his spirit was pretty much broken...something I'd never seen from him. The other guy was pretty despondent, as well (who wasn't?). When the Bills scored their first TD to make it 35-10, I turned to them and said, "Well, it's a start...we still have time." That barely elicited a response but they now at least had a pulse. The Bills' next TD, making it 35-17, brought them to life and the excitement was back. By the time Steve Christie booted the game winner in OT, we were jumping up and down and ended up in a heap in the middle of the floor and the homeowner had suffered a sprained ankle. LOL Good times. B-)

Good times indeed. The night before the game, I went out on a first date. It went quite well and the girl asked what I was doing Sunday. Told her I was watching the game. She asked if I wanted to watch it with her. I told her that wasn't a good idea because I was pretty into games and wasn't prepared to show that side of me to her so soon. She insisted. I relented. At the half, she just sat quietly, knowing that I was pretty upset. After the pick 6, I vented some frustration (i.e. acted like a complete idiot). She tried to be encouraging, saying, "It's only the third quarter. They'll come back and win." I thought to myself, "This girl warned me but she REALLY doesn't know a thing about sports." I just replied out of frustration, "I'll tell you what. If we win this game, I'll marry you."

In April, we'll celebrate our 20th anniversary.

I really did have a gut feeling that the Colts were going to win. Can't explain it. Just know it was fun to be there to watch it, and brought back great memories of the Bills' comeback. I can't imagine what it would have been like to have been there in '93.

My father looked at me after that pick and said "well, this brings back memories." I looked at him and told him he was crazy.

I can't imagine what The Stadium Wall and the Bills-Oilers gameday thread would have been like that day. Maybe someone with a bunch of time on their hands should make one up.

We should find out the next time NFL network is going to replay the game. We can all sit down and do it in real time. Edited by sodbuster

Glad you had that experience. Was there a mass exodus for the exits after KC made it 38-10?

GO BILLS!!!

Glad you had that experience. Was there a mass exodus for the exits after KC made it 38-10?

GO BILLS!!!

Surprisingly, no. There were a few boos at the half and more after the INT that opened the second half. More groans than boos after the TD that made it 38-10. I'm sure people had the thought process of watching one more Colts drive. I even said to my wife, mostly jokingly because I never leave a sporting event early, that we could get a table at St. Elmo's if we left then. But Indy scored quickly, got a turnover and scored again, and suddenly it was 38-24 with all kinds of time left. So the gift card to St. Elmo's remains in my wallet.