Bills need to poop or get off the pot.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I admit I did go off on a tangent there. It's just that so many posters here claim to know far more then anyone [even a SB winning HC] on TV that I was shocked to see you quote one.

Fair enough; I just really didn't get where you were going.

I can see why you'd say that though.

Personally, I think Mayock is phenomenal. Explains the process and the details of what scouts look for better than anyone else. I was only a bit surprised that he rebuffed the overtures of Oakland and Cleveland about their GM jobs--TV gigs are just so much more cushiony and less time consuming.

If Russell Wilson was drafted in the first round instead of the third would anyone be complaining that he was an unworthy draft pick?.

Of course not--Wilson has been outstanding from day one. EJ, a first round pick, has not. I don't understand your point.

Actually, NFL Network's Mike Mayock--who has been approached by at least 2 NFL teams about their GM post--projected EJ as a 2nd round value that would be a 1st round pick.

So that whole "projected as a 3rd round pick" that some folks throw around is a myth

What were Mike "The GM" Mayock's thoughts about Cam Newton? He made a fool of himself with that.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with everything Mr. WEO has said.

It hurts doesn't it!

The next wail of anguish for Bills fans after we make playoffs will be "we haven't won a playoff game in 20+ years!"

PTR

Your disdain for your fellow fans is remarkably consistent, but, as usual, off point.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Of course not--Wilson has been outstanding from day one. EJ, a first round pick, has not. I don't understand your point.

False. Russell Wilson was not outstanding from day one. His first five games were very average EJ Manuel like performances where they had the playbook scaled back. They didn't give him the full thing till later in the season. Through those games, he was 4-2, which is better than EJ, but he just wasn't outstanding.

I love Wilson BTW. I think he was the best QB drafted last year. I was crushed when we passed on him. Loved him at NC State and Wisconsin.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

It would be a risk to name EJ the starter 2014 and not do everything possible to bring competition into camp and let the best QB win the job. More of a risk than picking a College phenom QB that has at least a 50/50 of becoming a top NFL QB.

Conservative ploddy rebuilding processes are a thing of the past....FA and salary caps are always working against you. You see a talent that helps you win now...get him. If EJ is the man....let him be the man after beating out other potential starters. he does not deserve the blind nod.

Watch the QB play in the playoffs....and be truthful with yourselves.....do you feel that EJ can get to those levels and beat his competition?

We could have the best supporting cast out there....No 6'5" WR can make him throw The long ball in bounds....the QB position has not yet been addressed ....this FO needs to look at all the possibilities.

False. Russell Wilson was not outstanding from day one. His first five games were very average EJ Manuel like performances where they had the playbook scaled back. They didn't give him the full thing till later in the season. Through those games, he was 4-2, which is better than EJ, but he just wasn't outstanding.

I love Wilson BTW. I think he was the best QB drafted last year. I was crushed when we passed on him. Loved him at NC State and Wisconsin.

I, too, think he was the best in that class--and still do. I disagree he was average--he learned the game very quickly and made few mistakes (other than weeks 4 and 5). He then improved from there exponentially. His total destruction of Buffalo and SF were otherworldly for a rookie. I would say that was an oustanding year front to back.

He made a QB that Seattle traded for sit the bench. He made a QB with many starts under his belt get traded to of all places Buffalo. I'd say that the coaching staff disagrees with you. They saw what they had very, very early. What's amazing is that they acted upon what they saw, they didn't take the safe road. (but that has been fully discussed in another thread)

http://espn.go.com/n...ading-no-1-pick

Looks like getting Johnny football is doable. Yes I can hear the wailing, rendering of hair and gashing of teeth from the ultra conservative posters who call for a 5 year plan."get a guard! a WR between 6 1 and 6 2! we may go to 7-9!"

He would bring a huge sense of anticipation and excitement to the Bills and yes sell tickets.

Is a same-o-same o CB, WR, TE draft going to do that? No.

But what if it backfires? So? This is entertainment, not war. No ones going to die if he didn't work out. But it sure would be a lot of fun in the mean time.

I would go 2 first's and 2 seconds

I'm glad you're not a GM.

He made a QB that Seattle traded for sit the bench. He made a QB with many starts under his belt get traded to of all places Buffalo. I'd say that the coaching staff disagrees with you. They saw what they had very, very early. What's amazing is that they acted upon what they saw, they didn't take the safe road. (but that has been fully discussed in another thread)

That's all well and good. I thought we were taking about actual early season game play though. Not how good he was in OTA's. If we counted OTA's, I think EJ would be considered a success.

Edit: Again, I think Seattle made the right choice as well.

That's all well and good. I thought we were taking about actual early season game play though. Not how good he was in OTA's. If we counted OTA's, I think EJ would be considered a success.

Edit: Again, I think Seattle made the right choice as well.

There is tangible proof that Seattle made the right choice.

Unlike some of the more barbaric posters I am usually right about QBs. I have to admit being wrong about Wilson though. I thought he was that kid Russell from the movie "Up". It just sounded like a loser move to me. I have been right though about:

Blaine.....that one was easy

Talleywhacker

Blake Bortles

Glove Wearing Mary

and many others.

I don't really know what the Bills should do from here. I liked some of the things I saw in EJ and others concern me. The bottom line for me is that with Greggo Marrone at the helm we are in trouble. I think drafting non-Qbs will set up our roster better for the next coach. Once a QB is down, it is hard to revive him and I think Greggo Marrone could screw up Unitas. I see no reason to take another QB for him to ruin while he is still in mid-ruin of EJ. Use that spot on an LB or OL who can be productive post Greggo Marrone.

I don't know who's arguing that Seattle didn't make the right choice. It certainly wasn't me. Two questions which serve as the point for my prior contention are:

What is your definition of "outstanding" QB play?

Can you look at Russell Wilson's stats for the first five games last year and say he was "outstanding"? Not the team. Wilson, individually.

Yeah!!!! Screw us idiots who want our team to win and don't goose step behind every dumb thing the Bills do for decades!

What does my comment have to do with that? I'm just pointing out that anything short of a Super Bowl is always seen as a failure. Whatever milestone we achieve is minimized by someone saying we should have done one better.

And to Jim in Anchorage, the clock is indeed ticking.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You clearly don't know what the phrase means. And i am not going to explain it to you. Simple version is do something.

I believe Doc understands the phrase just fine.

The Bills think that they pooped and they think they are off the pot and don't need to poop again for awhile.

Also it's funny how Doc said pooping, to have a second meaning as in EJ may be poop.

It was really an excellent double entendre. Given that you want to trade 4 picks for Manziel we'll try to use smaller words and more straight forward language.