Bills need to poop or get off the pot.

http://espn.go.com/n...ading-no-1-pick

Looks like getting Johnny football is doable. Yes I can hear the wailing, rendering of hair and gashing of teeth from the ultra conservative posters who call for a 5 year plan."get a guard! a WR between 6 1 and 6 2! we may go to 7-9!"

He would bring a huge sense of anticipation and excitement to the Bills and yes sell tickets.

Is a same-o-same o CB, WR, TE draft going to do that? No.

But what if it backfires? So? This is entertainment, not war. No ones going to die if he didn't work out. But it sure would be a lot of fun in the mean time.

I would go 2 first's and 2 seconds

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I'm saying be aggressive and GET him. Give Texas what ever they want. He will be there at #1.

I think that he is quite a bit more risky of a pick than RG 3 was two years ago when Washington gave up a ton to get him. He might turn out great or he might end up being Doug Flutie with attitude and off field issues. I think trading much for him would be a bad move. That being said, if he was sitting there at 9 and it only cost the Bills' thei one pick, the risk reward might then warrant the move

No way. You need to give time for a QB to develop, and that's what needs to happen with Manuel. It would be stupid to dump picks to get another QB. It isn't being conservative, it is being smart. Carelessness doesn't make a good team, and getting a douchebag like Johnny Football wouldn't help. See the REdskins. They are careless, and they are no better than Buffalo.

Looks like getting Johnny football is doable. Yes I can hear the wailing, rendering of hair and gashing of teeth from the ultra conservative posters who call for a 5 year plan."get a guard! a WR between 6 1 and 6 2! we may go to 7-9!"

He would bring a huge sense of anticipation and excitement to the Bills and yes sell tickets.

But what if it backfires? So? This is entertainment, not war. No ones going to die if he didn't work out. But it sure would be a lot of fun in the mean time.

Don't believe that he's worth it. I don't think he shrugs off those hits he takes once he gets to the NFL. At best he'll be Vick, good for 8-12 starts a season in the beginning. As time rolls on games missed will increase.

Don't believe that he's worth it. I don't think he shrugs off those hits he takes once he gets to the NFL. At best he'll be Vick, good for 8-12 starts a season in the beginning. As time rolls on games missed will increase.

And how many starts was our #1 pick, who people are pinning the future of the team on for years, good for in his first year?

Giving up all those picks will set any rebuilding team back years. See Washington. They are even worse off now than the Bills.

And how many starts was our #1 pick, who people are pinning the future of the team on for years, good for in his first year?

Look long and hard, you won't find a word from me encouraging that we wait for another 2 or 3 years. I'm all for getting the guy that the Bills brass believe in if he's there when we pick. I'm not high on moving up, but...if it's their guy...

Fact is I don't think that Manziel will be significantly better than Manuel. I just don't see Johnny staying on the field. (could be wrong, just my opinion)

Why do people think that the latest run around college QB who has yet to prove that he can read defenses, throw the entire NFL route tree, or consistently deliver the football to receivers with timing and anticipation within the structure of a disciplined pro style offense is the greatest NFL prospect around? Manziel is a question mark at the NFL level who is simply not worth giving up multiple draft picks to acquire.

Pittsburgh never traded up, the Bills never traded up (high) and there is nothing to indicate that Whaley would trade up. That being said….now there's the issue of whether Manziel is worth trading up for. I have no opinion, but it doesn't appear to be a slam dunk.

Oh….and there's the issue of spending your first top pick on a QB and naming him the 2014 starter…..

Why do you think Manziel is a better prospect than Bridgewater, or even Carr/Bortles/Hundley? Manziel isn't going to be taken by any NFL team at #1 overall.

Jim, would you please consider changing the title of the thread? Since it's about Johnny Football, how about something like "Bills need to draft Johnny Football" or "Drafting Manziel is doable and the Bills need to make it happen"?

That way people who love them some Johnny would be attracted to it and people who don't could "see an avoid"?

Thanks!

Why do people think that the latest run around college QB who has yet to prove that he can read defenses, throw the entire NFL route tree, or consistently deliver the football to receivers with timing and anticipation within the structure of a disciplined pro style offense is the greatest NFL prospect around? Manziel is a question mark at the NFL level who is simply not worth giving up multiple draft picks to acquire.

Jimmy Clausen was hyped up for his ability to run a pro style offense at ND…Blaine Gabbert was said to have the build, the arm and the poise…and Cam Newton was blasted for his "one read…then take off" offense….and how he would never be able to decipher pro coverage schemes. There are so many unknowns and even Peyton Manning was knocked by "experts" that offered reasons why Leaf was the better pro QB prospect.

How many prospects come out of College that primed and polished as you say they need to be?