Bills need to poop or get off the pot.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time a DE picks up Manzeil and slams him to the ground he will be done. He will never be able to take the hits and they will hit him. His attitude will not help any team. We have lots of needs and to waste a pick on him is not smart. Time to move past this conversation.

I don't think he's worth taking if he's there. He's a great college QB. I don't believe he'll have a great career in the NFL. Thus giving up assets for him would foolish.

A lot of people (including scouts) thought that of Russel Wilson. I think under the right coordinator...making him a pass first, run if all else fails QB that he'll be OK. He is incredibly competitive. Very animated on the sidelines. Things that go into the stat book. I think he's a kid that can make everyone around him better. He can throw out of the pocket too and I'm not buying the weak arm argument I've seen here and there.

I wouldn't prioritize the QB position in the 2014 draft, but if this kid is still there at #9 you almost have to take him IMO. I havent seen a kid (that appears to be) this special in quite some time. I doubt he'll be there at #9.

You said "poop."

[/butt-head]

O RLY.

Guess we never signed Kevin Kolb.

He also chucks it up to a 6'5" receiver better than EJ. Oh wait, EJ doesn't have one of those.

So all EJ needs is a tall WR and he becomes a different QB than he is now?

EJ was drafted because his arm, size, & maturity which Johnny lacks.

Nothing wrong with JM's arm. Look at his last game...30/38 for a whopping 10.1 per attempt. Nine different receivers (only 4 to Evans).

The first time a DE picks up Manzeil and slams him to the ground he will be done. He will never be able to take the hits and they will hit him. His attitude will not help any team. We have lots of needs and to waste a pick on him is not smart. Time to move past this conversation.

What do you base this on? Were Brees and Wilson, 2 small, mobile QBs, "done" the first time a DE slammed them down?

As for QB who can't take the hits....our big strong rookie spent nearly half the season in the whirlpool.

So all EJ needs is a tall WR and he becomes a different QB than he is now?

Nothing wrong with JM's arm. Look at his last game...30/38 for a whopping 10.1 per attempt. Nine different receivers (only 4 to Evans).

Against Duke. I'd love to see Johnny in the 2nd Jets game with that wind.

Regarding yards per attempt, I think it's important to note how far the ball was in the arm. A lot of times, Qbs get credit when a screen pass goes for 70 yards. I'd love to see a breakdown.

Brees and Wilson were better pocket passers. I can't imagine him beating you constantly throw the pocket. Teams are just going to Mike Vick game plan him & he's a far less athlete than Vick.

Against Duke. I'd love to see Johnny in the 2nd Jets game with that wind.

Regarding yards per attempt, I think it's important to note how far the ball was in the arm. A lot of times, Qbs get credit when a screen pass goes for 70 yards. I'd love to see a breakdown.

Brees and Wilson were better pocket passers. I can't imagine him beating you constantly throw the pocket. Teams are just going to Mike Vick game plan him & he's a far less athlete than Vick.

Or you could have watched him play. You make it seem as though every pass was after he left the pocket. Simply not true.

Even so, when the pocket breaks down, the QB has to take off and make play with his eyes, arm and feet. This is where JM excels beyond any college prospect and this is clearly where EJ comes up short.

He will adapt his game to the pros and play Steve Young's style of game: Throw from the pocket, roll it out, tuck it in and go, create on the run….high mobility, high energy, fiery competitive and successful.

Horrible comparison as Young's career was cut short due to concussions mainly bc of the way he played the game

Cracks me up when someones entire opinion is based on a players stats

How does going 30-38 and 10.1 attempt mean there is nothing wrong with his arm? How much of that was run after the catch from short passes or screens? How much of that was throwing deep passes or to the sidelines where a QB needs to hv zip on the ball?

Manziel is a ridiculous playmaker but I have serious doubts that he has the arm strength to play in the NFL. I saw him put everything he had into a pass that went 45 yards in the air in perfect weather which took a long time to get there.

We can debate his arm strength all day but off the field there is no debate that the guy is incredibly immature

Edited by Max997

Horrible comparison as Young's career was cut short due to concussions mainly bc of the way he played the game

Cracks me up when someones entire opinion is based on a players stats

How does going 30-38 and 10.1 attempt mean there is nothing wrong with his arm? How much of that was run after the catch from short passes or screens? How much of that was throwing deep passes or to the sidelines where a QB needs to hv zip on the ball?

Manziel is a ridiculous playmaker but I have serious doubts that he has the arm strength to play in the NFL. I saw him put everything he had into a pass that went 45 yards in the air in perfect weather which took a long time to get there.

We can debate his arm strength all day but off the field there is no debate that the guy is incredibly immature

Actually, I said you really had to watch him play (your single 45 yard heave recalled notwithstanding). If you watched the games, you wouldn't have to ask "how much of that was yards after catch?".

What's funny is that his critics here claim most of his yards are after screens and at the same time argue that he just threw big bombs for his giant WR to jump up and catch.

As I have said repeatedly, if you watched the DUke game, you would have had your questions answered. As for his maturity, he had no issues after the autograph non issue. His leadership was on national display in the Bowl game, leading his team to a win down by 3 TDs.

And it is true that his final concussion caused Young to retire, he played 13 seasons. Not a career cut very short.

Did you not see EJ lumbering around the backfield all season? He's not quick or, in a practical sense, fast. Manziel knows when to take off. EJ has no sense of that. Ej's size didn't help him at all this year.

EJ ran a 4.65, Cam Newton ran a 4.58.

As I have said repeatedly, if you watched the DUke game, you would have had your questions answered. As for his maturity, he had no issues after the autograph non issue. His leadership was on national display in the Bowl game, leading his team to a win down by 3 TDs.

He was impressive. EJ also led his team to 4 Bowl victories. Great leadership as well. As to JM's maturity, it's concerning to me when his own parents were worried about him going off the deep end. Winning solves everything. The only time we've ever seen him have adversity (his off season side show and subsequent criticism), he's handled it terribly.

EJ ran a 4.65, Cam Newton ran a 4.58.

That's a nice stat. When you ever see Cam run, are you reminded of EJ? Or vice-versa? EJ looks like he's wearing 30 lb shoes when he's evading pressure.

He was impressive. EJ also led his team to 4 Bowl victories. Great leadership as well. As to JM's maturity, it's concerning to me when his own parents were worried about him going off the deep end. Winning solves everything. The only time we've ever seen him have adversity (his off season side show and subsequent criticism), he's handled it terribly.

Then why isn't he far more polished than JM?

And, be specific, what off field issues concerned you most after the start of this season?

Finally, JM, who bested Newton's SEC records as a freshman (and freshman Heisman winner) had more media scrutiny (deservedly so) than any freshman QB in college history. He handled it mostly poorly. EJ, until the Senior Bowl, hardly anyone was ever paying attention to him. Who knows how he would have responded if anyone (at all) scrutinized him this was as a 19 year old.

Then why isn't he far more polished than JM?

And, be specific, what off field issues concerned you most after the start of this season?

Finally, JM, who bested Newton's SEC records as a freshman (and freshman Heisman winner) had more media scrutiny (deservedly so) than any freshman QB in college history. He handled it mostly poorly. EJ, until the Senior Bowl, hardly anyone was ever paying attention to him. Who knows how he would have responded if anyone (at all) scrutinized him this was as a 19 year old.

Are you really saying that you think Manziel is polished? Agree to disagree.

Off field issues in season? None that I can think of, which is why I didn't say anything about it. He's too busy with school and football to get into trouble in season. He didn't have off field issues in season last year either of I remember correctly. Let's see how this off season goes.

How about on field antics? Did you love his taunting in week one against an over matched Rice? He was goaded sure, but I expect more from a QB who's the team leader. Sumlin essentially said he needed to grow up and not hurt the team after that game. Look at how much everyone hates SJ's antics, and he's not even a QB which is held to a higher standard.

Yes. Why is he such a "project"?

I don't know how much of a project he is. Do you?

EJ had a good rookie season and it's certainly possible he'll improve next season, especially if he can avoid the injuries which slowed his development.

Why do you think Manziel is more polished when he hasn't set foot on an NFL field yet?

I don't know how much of a project he is. Do you?

EJ had a good rookie season and it's certainly possible he'll improve next season, especially if he can avoid the injuries which slowed his development.

Why do you think Manziel is more polished when he hasn't set foot on an NFL field yet?

I watch them play