Bills to meet with Rogers Communications

As a STH, Ill happily pay for an increase. Tickets are laughably cheap anyways... even for a team who hasnt won a playoff game in nearly 2 decades

Same. Paying for 8 real games vs. 2 games I give my tickets away for is way better than 7 vs. 2.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's the eye catching fact that i saw in the article. mary owen is the point person for the bills in the toronto series. so who is mary owen. i could only recall wilson relatives working in high positions in the organization as women. and yup, mary owen is ralph's niece.

so the bigger implication is: do we really believe wilson isn't still stirring the pot in big decisions like this?

I've met Ms. Owen. She's no nonsense. Plus I think she's a niece by marriage.

but it might well mean that he's still involved in burning the stew, at least as far as toronto is concerned.

Possible, but that’s not the impression I get from the outside looking in and knowing nothing. lol. I think they get out of the series, but offer some type of bus service from the Ontario region to B-Lo for fans that want to come down to Orchard Park.

I've met Ms. Owen. She's no nonsense. Plus I think she's a niece by marriage.

doesn't surprise me that would be the characterization of someone that considers the bills one of the most successful nfl franchise in the midst of their 13th consecutive losing season. i would think a bit more passion for the game would go a long way. especially when brandon, the expert in "engaging the fans" tells us the decision on the game will be all about making the team competitive and ms owens is the actual point man on the issue.

absolutely NOTHING is going on...

except Russ trying to create the appearance that he is conducting a full evaluation...

you know, because less than 12 months ago, he made a hasty and uninformed decision.........(laughing)

the season tickets are being held up, because they are going to offer Toronto tickets at a discount to STH and russ / rogers are working out those details.

Edited by papazoid

i would think a bit more passion for the game would go a long way. especially when brandon, the expert in "engaging the fans" tells us the decision on the game will be all about making the team competitive and ms owens is the actual point man on the issue.

How did you get to be so authoritative about who has what roles in the Toronto series? And please don't say you follow the press reports - those are written by outsiders looking in. Edited by BillnutinHouston

the season tickets are being held up, because they are going to offer Toronto tickets at a discount to STH and russ / rogers are working out those details.

that could be it.

I really do not think they sign the deal, only to axe it less than a year later. There were no revelations that came to light in that Atlanta game. It was the same crappy atmosphere and same result.

there's not much evidence to refute any of those points. here's some more to support them: http://www.bizjourna...e.html?page=all. "we are a very successful franchise (the story is from 2011!)."russ brandon got here in the late 90's and his track record speaks for itself: being able to engage the fans and have a great game day experience and just being smart about our business." "with the buffalo bills, every decision that is made: what is the return on investment..."

she didn't mention winning once. she's no warren buffet but she's her uncle's niece for sure. and yes, i've seen nepotism function decently in the work place, too. i've more often seen dysfunction from it.

Listen, I get that you just learned that she works in the front office. Because this is new (to you), you have decided to add her as the she devil to multiple threads. Ralph has Brandon, Littmann and Overdorf to give him his numbers, he doesn't need Mary Owen for that. Please find something else to pull your hair out over.

Listen, I get that you just learned that she works in the front office. Because this is new (to you), you have decided to add her as the she devil to multiple threads. Ralph has Brandon, Littmann and Overdorf to give him his numbers, he doesn't need Mary Owen for that. Please find something else to pull your hair out over.

FWIW, Mary Owen is extremely sharp. She worked in the grind for the Bills when she was a little younger (she is still young). Owen was not always a high ranking official and earned her stripes. That is a lot more than most sons, daughters, nieces, and nephews of ownership. She is not terribly involved (I am pretty sure that she works out of Grosse Pointe like Littman does).

thank you

Spoke with my season tix rep today about the HOF game and enshrinement ceremony because I can't stand people from Ohio (nothing personal to you Yolo). In the conversation, I asked her about when the invoices would be going out. She said they are expected soon. That procing has not been completed. She said there hasn't been much of a change in over 3 years. Last year for example, the upper deck tickets were decreased. Some sections stay, and others may change.

But that's not the best part about this conversation. MULTIPLE TIMES throughout the conversation, she said the reps inside the organization have all speculated that the reason for the delay was because of the Toronto Series. MULTIPLE TIMES she commented that ticket prices would surely increase if there were 8 or 9 games on the schedule.

To me this says there is talk about the Bills doing away with the Toronto Series (just as much my reps speculation as it is ours here).

Take it for whatever it is and however you want. But I'll be enjoying an 8th home game this year at the updated stadium with new naming rights. Enjoy.

How did you get to be so authoritative about who has what roles in the Toronto series? And please don't say you follow the press reports - those are written by outsiders looking in.

Maybe he read what came out of her own mouth about regionalization duties in the interview published here:

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2011/02/28/People-and-Pop-Culture.aspx

[need to scroll down a bit at the link]

There were no revelations that came to light in that Atlanta game. It was the same crappy atmosphere and same result.

The crowd was Pro-Atlanta...............especially in the last Quarter and O.T.

It was an embarrassment to the Bills organization.

Spoke with my season tix rep today about the HOF game and enshrinement ceremony because I can't stand people from Ohio (nothing personal to you Yolo). In the conversation, I asked her about when the invoices would be going out. She said they are expected soon. That procing has not been completed. She said there hasn't been much of a change in over 3 years. Last year for example, the upper deck tickets were decreased. Some sections stay, and others may change.

But that's not the best part about this conversation. MULTIPLE TIMES throughout the conversation, she said the reps inside the organization have all speculated that the reason for the delay was because of the Toronto Series. MULTIPLE TIMES she commented that ticket prices would surely increase if there were 8 or 9 games on the schedule.

To me this says there is talk about the Bills doing away with the Toronto Series (just as much my reps speculation as it is ours here).

Take it for whatever it is and however you want. But I'll be enjoying an 8th home game this year at the updated stadium with new naming rights. Enjoy.

I blame Gregg.

Maybe he read what came out of her own mouth about regionalization duties in the interview published here:

http://www.sportsbus...op-Culture.aspx

thank you. i'd already linked that interview but apparently it was disregarded due to it being in a press report. i'd think discussion of her re the toronto game and the organizational goals and philosophy, is salient given that interview. her personality, work ethic or qualifications would seem less so.

http://www.sportsbus...op-Culture.aspx

Sure it's part of her responsibility. Where in the article does it say Brandon is not involved, or that Owen alone runs that part of the business?

there's not much evidence to refute any of those points. here's some more to support them: http://www.bizjourna...e.html?page=all. "we are a very successful franchise (the story is from 2011!)."russ brandon got here in the late 90's and his track record speaks for itself: being able to engage the fans and have a great game day experience and just being smart about our business." "with the buffalo bills, every decision that is made: what is the return on investment..."

she didn't mention winning once. she's no warren buffet but she's her uncle's niece for sure. and yes, i've seen nepotism function decently in the work place, too. i've more often seen dysfunction from it.

Might that be because she was responding to a question that was specifically about regionalization?

As a comparison, i also own season tickets for another NFL team and i got that renewal notice on Feb. 4th, and already paid for them. Clearly something is going on since I would normally have the Bills invoice well before now. I'm hoping this Toronto series has been shelved. It's been a failure from every aspect you can measure (except that payment to the Buffalo Bills).

You have season tickets for another NFL team? Blasphemy!!

She worked in the grind for the Bills when she was a little younger (she is still young). Owen was not always a high ranking official and earned her stripes. That is a lot more than most sons, daughters, nieces, and nephews of ownership.

Like Jerry Jones' son-in-law seen on national TV cleaning Jerry's glasses? Can't start much lower than that. :)