Houston & St Louis both open to trading #1 & #2 picks

papazoid

would you move up from #9 to #1 or #2 if the price was: 2 firsts and a second ?

2014 - 1st round

2014 - 2nd round

2015 - 1st round

( i know washington paid 3 firsts and a second, but i don't see that happenning this year)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10238006/houston-texans-owner-bob-mcnair-open-trading-no-1-pick

http://gamedayr.com/sports/st-louis-rams-trade-no-2-pick-2014-nfl-draft-93241/#

The Houston rumor is just an offhand comment. There's no way they trade that pick. They're takinjg Bridgewater and it's a no-brainer type pick.

Tha Rams, on the other hand-- could definitely see that. Someone will want to lea-pfrog Jax to get a QB. I could see a swap between the Browns at 4 and the Rams at 2, with the Rams picking up some picks (similar to the Giants/Chargers trade involving Eli and Rivers, if I am recalling that correctly).

The Houston rumor is just an offhand comment. There's no way they trade that pick. They're takinjg Bridgewater and it's a no-brainer type pick.

Tha Rams, on the other hand-- could definitely see that. Someone will want to lea-pfrog Jax to get a QB. I could see a swap between the Browns at 4 and the Rams at 2, with the Rams picking up some picks (similar to the Giants/Chargers trade involving Eli and Rivers, if I am recalling that correctly).

I agree with all of that. Would you trade Byrd and #9 to move up to #4 if St. Louis and the Browns swapped? I know that Clowney is not a huge need but let's remember the kind of talent that he is. Just throwing it out there for fun...

why trade 3 picks for the top pick when we don't need a QB?

I'd try to trade back from 9 and get another 2nd round pick and try to use three top 64 picks to fill 3 holes. Not pick one guy and lose 3 chances to fill holes.

We need to improve the OG position, we need to get a WLB and LB depth, a big play TE would be nice a big WR would help. I rather be able to address 3 of those this year than get the #1 pick.

why trade 3 picks for the top pick when we don't need a QB?

I'd try to trade back from 9 and get another 2nd round pick and try to use three top 64 picks to fill 3 holes. Not pick one guy and lose 3 chances to fill holes.

We need to improve the OG position, we need to get a WLB and LB depth, a big play TE would be nice a big WR would help. I rather be able to address 3 of those this year than get the #1 pick.

Agreed. You can't just give up on EJ with basically half a season. If he really is the guy ( I pray so) then I'd rather have one trade back and get four guys in the first three rounds as that is where the talent is to start or provide excellent depth next year.

I agree with all of that. Would you trade Byrd and #9 to move up to #4 if St. Louis and the Browns swapped? I know that Clowney is not a huge need but let's remember the kind of talent that he is. Just throwing it out there for fun...

I would jump at that (assuming the guy we want is there). using Byrd to trade up is a great idea.

I would jump at that (assuming the guy we want is there). using Byrd to trade up is a great idea.

but wouldn't we have to sign him, ultimately making him the highest paid safety, and then trade him. Not sure alot of teams would take that contract on a trade for a pick?

but wouldn't we have to sign him, ultimately making him the highest paid safety, and then trade him. Not sure alot of teams would take that contract on a trade for a pick?

If St. Louis had a chance to get a Pro Bowl saftey plus the OL that they are looking for I think that they might. You could just tag him and trade him and let them work out the extension.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

It would have to be a pre-draft deal. Byrd would have to work out a long term deal with the rams(woth our permission) and then we would tag, trade him, and he'd immediately restructure to the big deal he made.

Highly unlikely, as it would mean the bills brass would have to be really forward thinking and probably need to know exactly who they want.

would you move up from #9 to #1 or #2 if the price was: 2 firsts and a second ?

2014 - 1st round

2014 - 2nd round

2015 - 1st round

No. If it was next year, and Winston was declaring, in a heartbeat. If EJ doesn't pan out this year, we'll probably be sniffing the top ten again and might have a shot at that top spot anyway. I hope EJ succeeds, but if not, I hope he is Colts two years ago bad.

there is recent history between the Bills & Rams....

the Rams moved up from No. 16 to No. 8 overall to grab the former West Virginia wide receiver Tavon Austin. The Rams sent the No. 16 (EJ Manuel), No. 46 (Kiko Alonso), No. 78 (Marquise Goodwin) and No. 222 (Chris Gragg) in exchange for Austin and the Bills third-round pick -- No. 71 (TJ McDonald).