better with Nassib this year?

NYCBoozers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need 3.5 years before you have the foggiest idea what you have in a QB. He could be the next Peyton Manning or the next Ryan Leaf, and you'd have no idea. Unless of course he's placed behind a veteran backup on the depth chart after his first training camp. Then you know for sure.

That was my thought when reading that run-on paragraph for St. Doug. You don't blow up a team or a rookie QB in one year. The best teams evaluate over three years. Remember Cam Newton last year. He used his athleticism in year 1, was horrible in year 2, now he's leading in strong fashion into the playoffs. That team could punch Seattle in the mouth like the Cards. But, remember last year and the beginning of this year Carolina fans and media was calling for firing Ron Rivera and that Cam was an immature QB.

I believe this defense will keep getting better, and we also have a running game. It's a matter of fixing the line, the passing game, and stopping the run. If over 2 years, we don't make improvements in tHose areas then I'm fine with moving on from EJ and Marrone, but not for two years.

The Bills should have taken Nassib and not taken EJ.

Former SU QB Nassib would have helped Marrone and all the other SU coaches through their first year in the NFL. Then they would have been able to find a permanent QB.

Opportunity lost.

At this point, it is obvious that you are either a troll or someone who fails at sarcasm. Please post constructively.

What in the heck? How is this even a thread? Nassib? Seriously?

Not singling you out for malice, but it's a valid question given the instability at QB this past season. I am pretty sure given the pre-draft analysis last year many people thought the Bills were going to draft the kid, and I am pretty confident a lot of people, including myself have wondered where this team would have been if they did. It's actually one the better questions asked if I were to be so bold... it's a great discussion, especially if he gets the chance to play at some point next year.

I am pretty sure given the pre-draft analysis last year many people thought the Bills were going to draft the kid, and I am pretty confident a lot of people, including myself have wondered where this team would have been if they did.

Don't you think that pre-draft analysis was super lazy though?

"Marrone coached him at 'Cuse so he's going to take him?"

Seemed like people put no thought into it and then were upset when the Bills didn't follow the lazy script that these folks had laid out in their minds. No one knew Nasaib better than Marrone and Hackett at draft time. That they didn't take him speaks volumes about how they felt about him contributing at the NFL level.

Seemed like people put no thought into it and then were upset when the Bills didn't follow the lazy script that these folks had laid out in their minds. No one knew Nasaib better than Marrone and Hackett at draft time. That they didn't take him speaks volumes about how they felt about him contributing at the NFL level.

Yep

This. They could have had him in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th rd.

Yeah they took Duke Williams over Nassib in the 4th. That kinda says it all. Not that Hackett or Marrone are professional talent evaluators, but the fact that they passed on a guy that Gruden called "the most NFL ready of all college quarterbacks in the draft" must be say something.

I thought it would have been worth a flyer in the 4th round though. And then everyone on this board called me an idiot and said it would kill EJ's confidence (you know how bad competition is for training camp).

One thing is for sure, Nassib had a good education on how NOT to play QB watching poor Eli slump all year down in NY.

really, all it says is that they thought EJ was the better prospect. outside of nassib being at best #2 on the list, you cant say with certainty much else about what they thought of his future.

that said, i think this thread is a bit silly.

Its worse than that. "MArrone coached him at 'Cuse so he's going to take him, because the Dolphins drafted Tannehill after they got his former college coach to be their offensive coordinator."

Yeah they took Duke Williams over Nassib in the 4th. That kinda says it all. Not that Hackett or Marrone are professional talent evaluators, but the fact that they passed on a guy that Gruden called "the most NFL ready of all college quarterbacks in the draft" must be say something.

I thought it would have been worth a flyer in the 4th round though. And then everyone on this board called me an idiot and said it would kill EJ's confidence (you know how bad competition is for training camp).

One thing is for sure, Nassib had a good education on how NOT to play QB watching poor Eli slump all year down in NY.

I don't think he would have been worth a flyer in the 4th when you just took a QB in the first. Everyone was upset we went into the season with 2 rookie QBs active. This would have been the same thing, even though Nassib was drafted and Tuel wasn't.

I think Nassib would have had more success this year than did EJ. Nassib knew Marrones/Hacketts offense so there would not have been any learning curve at all. Remember when Marrone said they had to scale back the playbook for EJ. Wouldn't have happened with Nassib. As far as long term, EJ probably seemed, in their opinions, to have the higher ceiling than did Nassib, and that is my bet on why he was chosen.

As for Nassib not playing this year, did anybody think a 4th rounder was really going to unseat a 30 year old 2 time superbowl champion. No way. And just as EJ struggled here to learn a new offense, my bet is Nassib went through the same struggles trying to learn a new offense in NY. Also if the Bills had a legit playoff caliber QB in place, EJ doesn't ever see the field this year like Nassib didn't. Point is moot about Nassib not seeing playing time.

i cant believe how brittle EJ was. I liked him a lot, but he always came up lame after barely any contact. imagine if he was a linebacker? he'd play 1 game a year.

I love the juxtaposition of the screen name "NYCBoozers" and this post.

Better with Nassib? Are you trying to argue Nassib would be a better LB than EJ?

We need a version of TS Eliot's poem "The Ad-dressing of Cats": "A Cat is Not a Dog"

Edited by Hopeful

Old School: there wouldn't be a learning curve? What about playing NFL defenses? Developing timing/chemisry with your WR, TE and RB. Nassib was nothing more than an above average college QB in an average conference. The hype around this guy continues to boggle my mind.

Edited by bobobonators