Blown call at end of KC SD game costs Steelers

Awful but hard to be that sympathic to a team that has won 6 Super Bowls. I only wish it happened to NE!

But seriously if this happened to the Bills, i would need to be bailed out of jail. I would burn down the NFL offices.

:lol:

Eh. Get the calls right.

the truth is... Blown calls happen in every single game. On every single play. It's part of the game. As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy the 6 title team who started off terrible didnt make the playoffs.

Technically, it was a penalty, but I'm glad they didn't call it. Calling it would have adhered to the letter of the law but not the spirit of the law. It had no bearing on the outcome of the play and is the very definition of a ticky-tack call.

So, you are for more refs inserting their opinion into the game?

Don't you worry, they are jumping off bridges here in the 'Burgh' this morning, and there are a lot

of them to choose from in this town. I have been watching them float down the Allegheny and Mon

rivers all morning. This is the best time to be living here, the rest of the season is pure hell, but

when they don't make the playoffs, that's when the fun really starts.

So, you are for more refs inserting their opinion into the game?

No, I think they missed it. I'm just saying that I'm glad they missed it because I don't think the Chargers should have lost the game on that sort of call. I suspect that there were calls missed that helped the Chiefs too -- ones that had an actual bearing on the play. Hell, interference/holding happens on a high percentage of hail mary plays. It doesn't get called, and it shouldn't. It should be the free for all that it currently is.

No, I think they missed it. I'm just saying that I'm glad they missed it because I don't think the Chargers should have lost the game on that sort of call. I suspect that there were calls missed that helped the Chiefs too -- ones that had an actual bearing on the play. Hell, interference/holding happens on a high percentage of hail mary plays. It doesn't get called, and it shouldn't. It should be the free for all that it currently is.

BUT.. when the Patriots got called for the same type of play against the Jets then lost people here were very happy, whats the difference?

Only because you saw the result of the play. Would you think differently if the kick was blocked?

The problem is the flag needs to be thrown before the play starts.

BUT.. when the Patriots got called for the same type of play against the Jets then lost people here were very happy, whats the difference?

I thought the Pats were jobbed on that, actually. I guess I don't like to see games decided by formation infractions. I know that there's a strong argument against what I'm saying here (i.e., the rules need to be enforced).

Incidentally, what would you say if one a Bills receiver wasn't on the line and the Bills were called for illegal formation despite it being a successful hail mary on the last play of the game?

More to the point, what do you think of the terrible interference call on Henry Jones on the final regulation play of the just give it to 'em game? He interfered with the receiver, but he was also interfered with himself. It was a classic hail mary jump ball with both players jostling each other equally, and it should never have been called. On a normal play, interference would have been an understandable albeit borderline call, but not on that play.

Edited by dave mcbride

I thought the Pats were jobbed on that, actually. I guess I don't like to see games decided by formation infractions. I know that there's a strong argument against what I'm saying here (i.e., the rules need to be enforced).

Incidentally, what would you say if one a Bills receiver wasn't on the line and the Bills were called for illegal formation despite it being a successful hail mary on the last play of the game?

More to the point, what do you think of the terrible interference call on Henry Jones on the final regulation play of the just give it to 'em game? He interfered with the receiver, but he was also interfered with himself. It was a classic hail mary jump ball with both players jostling each other equally, and it should never have been called. On a normal play, interference would have been an understandable albeit borderline call, but not on that play.

Of course I would say 'ref make mistakes and laugh if it helped the Bills" lol. I get your point. Since the game yesterday didn't cost the Bills anything or me $$$ it's interesting how people feel.

the refs could have also called the Pats for illegal formation on a number of plays from scrimmage ... the OGs & OTs were lined up in the backfield on a lot of plays. Their heads were behind the waist of the center ... but they didn't call it