Byrd taking entire secondary and Coach Henderson to Hawaii

YoloinOhio

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay Him! Homegrown with nothing to show for it? If the Bills can't find a way to keep Byrd they can plan on losing Kiko, Woods, or any other young talent we have and develop. His loss was ultimately our gain this season. He sat out, Leonhard and Williams were able to play more and A. Williams specifically benefited from this. What's it gonna cost to keep him? This cycle will continue to repeat itself. Keep Byrd and send the message that we pay the players who perform for us and show loyalty. I'm sure Byrd woulda flown the coop in a heart beat earlier this year but with the emergence of a scary defense that he can immediately impact he could decide to stay. PAY HIM!

Pay Him! Homegrown with nothing to show for it? If the Bills can't find a way to keep Byrd they can plan on losing Kiko, Woods, or any other young talent we have and develop. His loss was ultimately our gain this season. He sat out, Leonhard and Williams were able to play more and A. Williams specifically benefited from this. What's it gonna cost to keep him? This cycle will continue to repeat itself. Keep Byrd and send the message that we pay the players who perform for us and show loyalty. I'm sure Byrd woulda flown the coop in a heart beat earlier this year but with the emergence of a scary defense that he can immediately impact he could decide to stay. PAY HIM!

I wanna keep him, and have no hard feelings toward him....but if he had played in those games, the Bills might be in the playoffs. And how much did getting Leonard on the field benefit his game (or the team for that matter)?

A Williams showed up very very well this year after being moved to safety. He also had to play corner for a couple of those games and did pretty good..

Gilmore is getting back into it McKelvin is playing lights out,> No really ! He is .

Searcy is being put in positions to succeed and have a strong season. Leonhard is very serviceable

Robey , our little butercup , has played out of his mind.

They should be going as a team .

Congrats to Byrd

I wanna keep him, and have no hard feelings toward him....but if he had played in those games, the Bills might be in the playoffs. And how much did getting Leonard on the field benefit his game (or the team for that matter)?

we were 2-3 (.400) without him

we were 4-6 (.400) with him

the difference between Byrd and any combination of A. Williams/Searcy/Leonard is NOT woth his $9 mil / yr asking price.

the difference between Byrd and any combination of A. Williams/Searcy/Leonard is NOT woth his $9 mil / yr asking price.

Are you writing the check? If not, why do you care?

That's pretty simplistic. They played different teams, under different circumstances, different injuries...lots of variables. The defense in general played much better towards the end of the season, with him in the lineup, no? He likely wasn't up to speed those first couple games back either.

I'm not a die-hard Byrd fan, but I don't have negative feelings towards him. I hope they work it out, and keep him.

Leonard was not our biggest problem and he came away with some clutch picks. I agree having Byrd back there is game changing but we were still missing Gilmore. Leonard performed admirably for us.

He was okay, but he is a long time vet, so the playing experience wasn't much of a benefit to him. And how exactly did this team, that missed the playoffs, benefit from Jim Leonard getting more playing experience? Are you expecting him to build on this experience, and play even better next year?

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

None of that is Byrd's fault. It is because Manuel is not a franchise QB.

There I said it for you.

The deal as i perceived his Interview with Murph was "they had an agreement " I think this was the deal for whichever DB went to pro bowl. That man or men would have to bring the rest.

Feel free to view on one bills drive today in the video section. has mario and Kyle ! too.

not to short change Byrds very good play these last 10 weeks .

I kinda hate him