Hate to say it..... (QB situation)

This is why I wanted Alex Smith, who is worth all those picks because playoffs are better than hoping a rookie develops. Then when the player is right groom a guy behind him.

Pittsburgh trade us Roethlisberger please!!! 0:) 0:) 0:)

You have been fantasizing about Talleywhacker for years. Talleywhacker went very limp today. Now it's Alex Smith?

Edited by 4merper4mer

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had the number 1 pick so they had a free choice of everyone and the fact that they had the #1 pick tells you how wrong they got it with Clausen. EJ has been miles better than Clausen and I really do not like this Quarterback class anywhere near as much as the hype anyway. Could I live with taking a Murray in the third? Yea, sure but a first round pick? No way.

What was the gameplan today? Run and throw go routes? That kind of game plan isn't going to beat many teams. I gave serious questions about this offensive staff

I would have liked to see Thad throw more 5-10 and 10-20 yard passes instead of throwing bombs every other play.

We outgained a playoff contender roughly 400 yards to 100 yards with our backup QB and backup WRs. And notched a win. I wish every game plan was as productive as today's.

Edited by hondo in seattle

No. Maybe we would. But if we fielded all of the QBs you wanted there wouldn't be room for anyone else.

Man we would look good with Luck, Tannehill, and Kaepernick...

Dude you're friggin high if you don't think Alex smith is serious upgrade, Why do you think KC wanted him and now they are in the playoffs and we are spinning our wheels.

This thread is laughable. Thad is 26 years old and EJ is 23 years old. Thad is a three year veteran and EJ is a rookie. Thad has had almost no pressure or expectations (this is a huge factor) while EJ had a lot of pressure to perform as a 1st round selected franchise level QB. All the while having a rookie OC, Scott Chandler as his TE and his WRs being Stevie Johnson and a couple rookies.

I get people worried about EJ being injury prone, what I don't get is the ridiculous fans who think they know that Manuel is not the answer and are ready to dump him because he didn't have a Luck, RGIII or Wilson rookie season. That's just plain silly. Last year was the exception to the norm.

I think Manuel has done a good job as a rookie QB and has performed to the expectations of what most thought he would be in his first season. He does need to stay healthy and his game does need to progress to another level in the 2014 season. I see no reason why it wouldn't. I think the newness of the NFL game and the pressure of being a 1st round QB selection shook Manuel a little bit at the start of games. Once the game started and he was in the battle in the games that were close, he seemed to always step up in those situations. That's a sign that the guy has what it takes. What he needs to do next year is learn to stop over thinking and just let his football instincts and competitiveness take over.

Edited by 1billsfan

So you complain about EJ dunking and dinking and yet you want Alex Smith?

yes because he is accurate and wins you guys are thick today :doh:

He also loves Talleywhacker and wants about three fifths of the D3 QBs eligible in this year's draft.

D3 now you are just stupid.

Tannehill is still way better than ej, we just have their number this year.

We outgained a playoff contender roughly 400 yards to 100 yards with our backup QB and backup WRs. And notched a win. I wish every game plan was as productive as today's.

I do too. regardless of the starting QB.

This game was a true notch on the bedframe. Well done Bills

You select one game out the whole season of bad Buffalo Bills football and you say that I'm myopic?

I'm from Syracuse and I was high as a kite about Marrone, et al, coming to the Buffalo Bills. Now my opinion has changed 100%.

There were a lot of variables that went into what now stands as a 6-9 record. To simply focus on the bad (while providing the assessment of "even a blind squirrel..." to anything good the team does) and say this has been a "whole season of bad Buffalo Bills football" due primarily to an entire coaching staff of "amateurs" is pretty much what dezertbill said: not being able to see the forest through the trees. A lot of bad this year - but a lot of good too. There is a lot to like about where this team is headed under this coaching staff.

You have been fantasizing about Talleywhacker for years. Talleywhacker went very limp today. Now it's Alex Smith?

what can he say, he loves him some Talleywhacker...

Any QB could have won that game today with the way the run game was working and the way that defense was playing. Shoot, even Marrone could have played QB and won today. :lol:

I hate to say it, but I have ZERO doubt if EJM had played this game and posted the EXACT stats of TL (or better for that matter) the OP and MANY others would be calling for EJM's head. This would be because he was obviously bailed out by one of the best performances by a Bills defense ever and therefore should have done much better,blah blah blah. EJM will start in 2014 because he was a high draft pick and possesses more physical tools to possibly be great than a Thad Lewis. Simple as that. The Bills need much better performance from their starting QB than EJM or TL have delivered so far if they are to return to the playoffs. If EJM cannot improve he will be gone. TL is maybe an OK backup at best. The Bills will need better. Therefore they will continue to find out what they have in EJ Manuel. It is so tiring to see the loser mentality of backup QB worship prevalent among Bills fans. Flutie, Lewis, Trent Edwards, et al. I don't know if EJM can be a real NFL QB, but I know I want to find out. I'm reasonably sure Thad Lewis or Tuel cannot. The fact that NO NFL TEAM felt they were worth a draft pick makes me fairly confident. There are hundreds of these type players for every one Tony Romo. If EJM cannot do it, he will be tossed aside for the next draft pick, FA, or whatever. It won't be decided until after 2014.

yes because he is accurate and wins you guys are thick today :doh:

He didn't do a lot of winning at San Fran until Harbaugh arrived. He is the ultimate dink and dunk merchant.... He is better at it than EJ at this moment but go look at his rookie year.... It was painful. I personally think drafting their guy was a better option than a "make do" trade. Alex Smith might have been serviceable in a Bledsoe manner but nothing more.