[closed]Week 17 Flex to involve Bills

4merper4mer

Looking at the schedule over the final two weeks I think the flex schedule has a chance to impact the Bills in week 17 depending on this week's results. If the Bills lose this week and the Ravens beat the Pats, then week 17 will decide the AFC East.

The problem is the potential winners would be the Patriots and Dolphins. The Bills are scheduled to play at NE and Miami is scheduled to host the Jets. What I can see happening is that the NFL will go for a ratings grab and have Miami play at New England. This would be partially because they just played in Miami last week and wouldn't play there again and the Dolphins would probably accept the road game instead of relying on the Bills to do their dirty work. It would give them a chance in a head to head showdown. This would leave the Jets as the opponent for the Bills; the Jets were scheduled to be on the road and the Giants are home two boot. With the Bills missing a home game with the Toronto thing, I could see the Ralph getting a home game in week 17. It would probably be blacked out but maybe ticket sales would be good with people visiting home for the holidays.

It all seems to depend on the results this week. We'll see.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Looking at the schedule over the final two weeks I think the flex schedule has a chance to impact the Bills in week 17 depending on this week's results. If the Bills lose this week and the Ravens beat the Pats, then week 17 will decide the AFC East.

The problem is the potential winners would be the Patriots and Dolphins. The Bills are scheduled to play at NE and Miami is scheduled to host the Jets. What I can see happening is that the NFL will go for a ratings grab and have Miami play at New England. This would be partially because they just played in Miami last week and wouldn't play there again and the Dolphins would probably accept the road game instead of relying on the Bills to do their dirty work. It would give them a chance in a head to head showdown. This would leave the Jets as the opponent for the Bills; the Jets were scheduled to be on the road and the Giants are home two boot. With the Bills missing a home game with the Toronto thing, I could see the Ralph getting a home game in week 17. It would probably be blacked out but maybe ticket sales would be good with people visiting home for the holidays.

^^^ This. Nice work 4mer. Agreed on all counts.

shhhhhhh.....someone is talking in their sleep.

^^^ This. Nice work 4mer. Agreed on all counts.

Maybe we could have a TBD tailgate for the game if it happens. It could be a lot of fun, like a Christmas bonus for Bills fans in a down season. I think the thing that could screw this up is the Det/Chi/GB situation. We'll see.

Maybe we could have a TBD tailgate for the game if it happens. It could be a lot of fun, like a Christmas bonus for Bills fans in a down season. I think the thing that could screw this up is the Det/Chi/GB situation. We'll see.

Yeah that is the only thing that could throw a wrench into this plan

Yeah that is the only thing that could throw a wrench into this plan

There is probably other stuff too. KC/Denver?

Anyway I think the NFC North is the most obvious. Plus I want us to beat the Dolphins anyway.

Edited by 4merper4mer

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/164453-bills-pats-week-17-could-be-to-keep-ne-out-of-playoffs/