OK, say the Bills draft at the 10 spot no later

BuffaloBaumer

I can't see them slipping any further down the board (and most likely, they jump up a spot or two.) I would be shocked if there were not 3 QBs (minimum) taken in the first 10 spots (Bridgewater, Carr, Bortles/Manziel). That leaves 7 players (non QB) that will be drafted in the top 10. Can you pick 7 that you would be absolutely ecstatic to draft? I can, so there will be a difference maker no matter what.

1 Jake Matthews (OT)

2 Clowney (DE)

3 Barr (LB)

4 Mack (LB)

5 Robinson (OT)

6 Evans (WR)

7 Jace Amar0 - people will say it's a reach but who cares OR Nix (DT) stop this run once and for all....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would trade down again.

I wouldnt, I would trade up. Try to get Mike Evans and Mack or another LB. Also wouldnt mind any offensive linemen or a TE

On second thought.

Trade our first for clevelands 1st rounder from indy and their second rounder. Maybe swap thirds as well. But if we have all those picks I would mind trading our 2nds to move up into the first to take a TE. Then hope that wherever that Indy pick winds up we can get one of the top three WRs.

Edited by cvanvol

I'd trade down to draft Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, if you stay or go up Mike Evans is what this team has needed for the longest time. Understand the people who wanna go OL in the draft but we just need a LG and some better depth. Looking at the FA list of offensive linemen there is a lot of quality ones available De La Puente, Albert, Boothe (depth) etc.

I can't see them slipping any further down the board (and most likely, they jump up a spot or two.) I would be shocked if there were not 3 QBs (minimum) taken in the first 10 spots (Bridgewater, Carr, Bortles/Manziel). That leaves 7 players (non QB) that will be drafted in the top 10. Can you pick 7 that you would be absolutely ecstatic to draft? I can, so there will be a difference maker no matter what.

1 Jake Matthews (OT)

2 Clowney (DE)

3 Barr (LB)

4 Mack (LB)

5 Robinson (OT)

6 Evans (WR)

7 Jace Amar0 - people will say it's a reach but who cares OR Nix (DT) stop this run once and for all....

All good. i'd take the BPA...

1 Jake Matthews (OT)

2 Clowney (DE)

3 Barr (LB)

4 Mack (LB)

5 Robinson (OT)

6 Evans (WR)

I doubt he will be available, but CLOWNEY.

ILB WR TE. Two of those should be our first two rounds. Watch for an interior lineman or RT in the 3rd. Then RB and DB through the rest of the draft.

I can't for the life of me understand the obsession by some with a TE when it's pretty much obvious that the O line needs at least two new starters. Chandler is a perfectly fine, middle of the pack TE and Gragg I believe is going to be a good one. Sure, if the next Gronk or Gonzalez would be available, then okay. But the problem with the TE position AND with WR has more to do with the QB. Even on that slant reception by Gragg last Sunday -- about as easy a pass as Manuel could have hoped for -- he threw behind him. And ILB is now a top priority? More important than RT, RG, LG? Seriously?

1 Jake Matthews (OT)

2 Clowney (DE)

3 Barr (LB)

4 Mack (LB)

5 Robinson (OT)

6 Evans (WR)

Right now, I think I'd take Sammy Watlkins who isn't even on the list. If he wasn't there I'd take Evans. IMO a true solid #1 wide receiver is the missing piece of the playoff puzzle for the Bills. Sammy Watkins is obviously way more athletic and elusive than is Evans. Yes Evans is a tower, but he seems like a tweener TE/WR guy in the NFL. Evans also seems to fall down rather easy once he catches the ball (from the highlight I saw). With Watkins you have a guy that can jump, move and score on any play after he catches the ball. I know that Watkins was busted with weed a couple of years ago, but if he's turned himself around in that department I'd take Watkins. Just imaging having Watkins, Goodwin, Woods and Johnson! That's the makings for a possible Rams style "greatest show" crew of WRs.

One final thought, Evans has that bust potential vibe (be it small) where Watkins looks good to go right out of the box in the NFL. Like I said though, I'd have no problem taking Evans if Watkins wasn't there.

I'd trade down to draft Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, if you stay or go up Mike Evans is what this team has needed for the longest time. Understand the people who wanna go OL in the draft but we just need a LG and some better depth. Looking at the FA list of offensive linemen there is a lot of quality ones available De La Puente, Albert, Boothe (depth) etc.

The Bills need a LG, but also need a quality right tackle. I would not be hurt by taking a RT number 1. Would love to have a big WR threat as well, but if Evans is gone, trade down may be best bet.

I can't for the life of me understand the obsession by some with a TE when it's pretty much obvious that the O line needs at least two new starters. Chandler is a perfectly fine, middle of the pack TE and Gragg I believe is going to be a good one. Sure, if the next Gronk or Gonzalez would be available, then okay. But the problem with the TE position AND with WR has more to do with the QB. Even on that slant reception by Gragg last Sunday -- about as easy a pass as Manuel could have hoped for -- he threw behind him. And ILB is now a top priority? More important than RT, RG, LG? Seriously?

Chandler will likely be gone after this year so the Bills will need to find a top quality tight end. Probably not number 1 though.

Matthews or Mack. Either one would be a huge improvement and there would be immediate impact. If Marrone wants to keep his job he'd better go for immediate impact.

I agree that Marrone gets a mulligan this year and the team is in no shape to play games in the upcoming draft. They still need contributors and solid ones at that. Too early to say how it might go but they need TE and LB an OG help badly. I Could see them picking in that sequence. If they do something a little off the ranch I could see them taking a CB early. The Nickel is far from resolved and the injuries this year showed some thinness at the position.

The draft can't be sorted out until FA is over the LB or LG position may be resolved this way.

I agree that Marrone gets a mulligan this year and the team is in no shape to play games in the upcoming draft. They still need contributors and solid ones at that. Too early to say how it might go but they need TE and LB an OG help badly. I Could see them picking in that sequence. If they do something a little off the ranch I could see them taking a CB early. The Nickel is far from resolved and the injuries this year showed some thinness at the position.

The draft can't be sorted out until FA is over the LB or LG position may be resolved this way.

I agree our needs are for an OG and TE more than an OT or perhaps LB, but where we are picking there are going to be three blue chip OT's and at least two blue chip LB's. Not to mention Clowney which would be a tough decision if he should still be on the board. We need to start the season with two quality OT's. . While Glenn has performed well, we need to shore up the line and we can get a good solid RT to start the season. The TE's will be there in round 2 and the OG's in round 3 and later.

just think about what some great tight ends have done to the bills (as well as the rest of the league) in the past...gronk, gonzales, graham. a true threat at this position, not anyone "serviceable" or "adequate" or "ok", but a great te, that would be a wonderful weapon to add to this team. i don't know if there are any TEs coming out this year that will be great, but i wouldn't mind the bills targeting someone they think can be in the first round.

just think about what some great tight ends have done to the bills (as well as the rest of the league) in the past...gronk, gonzales, graham. a true threat at this position, not anyone "serviceable" or "adequate" or "ok", but a great te, that would be a wonderful weapon to add to this team. i don't know if there are any TEs coming out this year that will be great, but i wouldn't mind the bills targeting someone they think can be in the first round.

Great TE's with hall of fame QB's throwing to them who are playing on teams that have won a SB and been contenders year in and year out. I am all for a great TE but I don't see a Gonzalez in this draft and this team has a lot of other holes to fill.