For the record -- Manuel's rating today was 105.0

dave mcbride

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks,

Thanks for posting that. Somebody in the comments section mentioned that if SJ hadn't fumbled, EJ would have led us to the winning score vs. Atlanta. Which would have been I believe his 3rd such feat, including Carolina and the Jags. Not bad for a rookie with limited snaps due to injury. High ceiling indeed.

GO BILLS!!!

Taking the first QB in the draft and with your first round pick is not putting a priority on getting a QB? I mean, you may not like the results, but it's obviously a priority for Buffalo.

They drafted Losman in 2004 and Manuel in 2013. The poster said "between" those years (i.e., 2005-2012).

They drafted Losman in 2004 and Manuel in 2013. The poster said "between" those years (i.e., 2005-2012).

Ah...misread that. My bad. I was thinking it was weird to pick arbitrary dates like that but now I understand.

I would like a better draft pick next year that comes with two more losses, but, really, the Bills need to knock the Phins out of the playoffs. We need to MAN UP on this one........I don't think we will see a high round QB by the Bills, but a trade down and get an extra pick more again if its a deep as rumored. Now, who is our backup....I like Thad Lewis, and, frankly, he played better than EJ, certainly in the downfield passing game. But, he is a free agent after the season. Tuel is still practice squad material. And, we have Dennis Dixon on the practice squad? EJ will get another season to make it or not.

I have noticed EJ is slow getting into a rhythm. I can't remember a single game where he has hit on his first throw of the game. It's almost like he can't get fired up until he is pissed off or something. Anyone else notice how slow he starts a game?

I'm not so sure he ever gets going personally...

Myself Im hoping the bills win and take us out of any conversation about drafting a QB in the 1st round....which is absolutely ludicrous

- I spend so much time DEFENDING EJ that I hardly get a chance to critiqe him cuz I dont want to sound like the blow hard no nothings that want to keep on using 1st round picks on QBs

I will do so here

- Footwork NEEDS to improve......his footwork is what is causing his in accuracy

- There is still this strange thing that EJ plays like a very good QB WHEN HE HAS TO.......what he needs to do is figure out where that is coming from on game winning type drives and find it for a full game

- I dont have a problem with all the check downs.....but eventually he is gonna need to trust his receivers and sling it

I think he is gonna be fine......I cant wait to see what he looks like next year with a full training camp

I agree with you 100% That's why I can't stand what is going on with the Sabres and many people are behind that. Now I don't think the players or coaches are trying to lose out, but given what's left they have no chance over the long haul. Management set them up for this and it sickens me. However many are behind it.

Isn't losing out for draft position even less beneficial in hockey?

Its strange, the TV announcer made a comment that brought back memories of 1970 the announcer Sunday said that EJ had just broken Dennis Shaw's Bills record for TD passes by a rookie QB. Well, with my grey hair, I remember that season...Dennis Shaw was Rookie of the year, I think. He had great receivers and they made him....he threw a rainbow ball, and they went and got the ball. But, they could not disguise that weak arm very long, and Dennis Shaw was out of the league really quick. I am hoping that EJ has a stronger arm, but, I don't know. Have not seen him rifle one 60 yards on a line. (Took Dennis two throws to go 60 yds :D ) Jury is still out on EJ

What a nice post . Actually i love you guys that can tell the story of back in the day . I and sure like to listen up when you old goats start a ramblin' . :thumbsup:

Myself Im hoping the bills win and take us out of any conversation about drafting a QB in the 1st round....which is absolutely ludicrous

- I spend so much time DEFENDING EJ that I hardly get a chance to critiqe him cuz I dont want to sound like the blow hard no nothings that want to keep on using 1st round picks on QBs

I will do so here

- Footwork NEEDS to improve......his footwork is what is causing his in accuracy

- There is still this strange thing that EJ plays like a very good QB WHEN HE HAS TO.......what he needs to do is figure out where that is coming from on game winning type drives and find it for a full game

- I dont have a problem with all the check downs.....but eventually he is gonna need to trust his receivers and sling it

I think he is gonna be fine......I cant wait to see what he looks like next year with a full training camp

I did read all the postings upon this thread.

But sir , i very much like your attitude about this kid .

I would be rather pleased to see Marrone hang his hat on this EJ Manuel and make it work.

Gotta preach patience this time around .

And that is much much harder to do for both fans and FO than it should be . Watching players develop is what i enjoy , being part of a team thats rights the ship is worth the wait for me.

So win out the last two. That would be a nice accomplishment against division foes and build some more EJ confidence and trust along the way

To call Sanchez a bust is not reality. First two years in the league led his teams to

playoff wins. He has got killed by the media in NY for a while.

All he needs is a change of scenery. Let the Bills bring him in and have him compete

against EJ and EJ would be holding a clipboard all year.

105.0 against maybe the worse team in the league in a meaningless game. What are

you thinking.

To call Sanchez a bust is not reality. First two years in the league led his teams to

All he needs is a change of scenery. Let the Bills bring him in and have him compete

105.0 against maybe the worse team in the league in a meaningless game. What are

you thinking.

Sanchez is a clown

you thinking.

change of scenery, ability to read a defense without throwing it to the nose tackle , a haircut, a lifetime supply of blue headbands.

Sanchez is as bottom of the barrel as they come IMO. No gangreeners needed here.

change of scenery, ability to read a defense without throwing it to the nose tackle , a haircut, a lifetime supply of blue headbands.

Sanchez is as bottom of the barrel as they come IMO. No gangreeners needed here.

Now THAT was funny :worthy:

Thanks, I needed some of that today. I would love to squash all the negativity on this board, but I think it is the muse that fuels so much of the amusing and creative ways we bash each other, teams, players, etc...

you thinking.

Im so glad your on the other side of this

you thinking.

Sanchez career stats:

QBR - 71.7

Completion % - 55.1

Yds/Game - 195.0

Yds/Attempt - 6.5

Pass TD - 68

Int - 69

Rush TD - 12

Fumbles - 42

Butt Fumbles - 1

Good call. Sanchez has clearly shown he is better than EJ.