Stevie Johnson: stay or go

The Big Cat

Another hash to settle  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills sever ties with Stevie? (cut/trade)

• Yes
    • No

CYA! You showboating choking prima donna! Take your LOSER mentality and be a cancer to another team. I for one am done with your antics and losing attitude. You played college football at Kentucky, a joke in the SEC, were barely drafted and are an embarrassment with your touchdown dances and crucial mistakes on a team who hasn't made the playoff since before you hit puberty. You are a LOSER! Plain and simple, take your attitude and dances elsewhere, we need to draft a fast, sure handed guy who is 6ft 5in and can run like the wind, money better spent.

Edited by ET1062

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably no surprise to anyone I voted no. I don't care about the money part. I'd like to trade him so we can get out from under his cap hit. I'd propose a trade to Houston for Matt Schaub. He'd make a great backup for EJ.

The reason I wast SJ gone is because for too long (14 years) the Bills have been almost good, but figure out how to lose a handful of games a year by choking or otherwise blowing it. We want to get over the hump and back to respectability and playoffs. SJ personfies the old Bills find new way to lose mentality. THAT'S why we need to get rid of him and anything else that makes us choke in games. We need to purge the find new ways to lose elements from our team.

CYA! You showboating choking prima donna! Take your LOSER mentality and be a cancer to another team. I for one am done with your antics and losing attitude. You played college football at Kentucky, a joke in the SEC, were barely drafted and are an embarrassment with your touchdown dances and crucial mistakes on a team who hasn't made the playoff since before you hit puberty. You are a LOSER! Plain and simple, take your attitude and dances elsewhere, we need to draft a fast, sure handed guy who is 6ft 5in and can run like the wind, money better spent.

A loser who's nice to everyone he meets who also has a wife and kids and 8 mil a year heading his way ?

That's not losing kid.

Losing to me is being the old guy who complains about TD celebrations. No one cares.

I have always liked Stevie since he burst onto the scene for us and made me eat crow a few years back. People on the board had been clamoring for him to play and I kept saying how they were basically dumb because this guy was nothing. He busted out with a 1,000 yard season and made some nice plays. I was impressed. I think I actually started an "apology thread" to all of the people I had argued with and Stevie for running him down before he had a chance to prove himself. All that being said, I selected Yes in the poll. That is only if we can get a decent pick or two in return. In this case I think things have run their course with this team for him. I wish him the best if he goes elsewhere, but I think it's time for him to go. If someone offers a 3rd I would take it in a heartbeat.

Unless the plan is to replace him with a proven number 1 I can't see them moving on from Stevie

He is still the teams best WR and in my opinion is struggling more bc of the offense and QB then himself

Stevie would be a great number 2 next to someone like Vincent Jackson

How much longer will he be the team's best receiver? He's not going to develop much more and Woods will overtake him.

I appreciate what he did to work as hard as he did to make it to the NFL. Success has gone to his head at times. Stevie is a very nice guy but the maturity lapses and his behavior on the field has a wearing effect. He is a talented guy but needs a change. I would move him and draft a replacement. I wish it could be different.

Again, I don't know why were were completely intolerant of paying Fitz money he didn't deserve, but that logic no longer applies to Stevie...

Pretty obvious to me: you can only play 1 QB at a time (at least as far as traditional offense goes), whereas you can play with 2, 3, 4, or 5 WRs on the field.

Keeping Stevie and adding talent at the position does NOT preclude him from seeing the field in a productive setting. Keeping Fitz an adding talent at the same position does create that situation.

We can't create a hole that needs to be filled via the draft or FA. We've been there, done that.... We know that formula results in 14 years of missing the playoffs. It's not a recipe for success....

Yet keeping a veteran who fails to play up to his contract is?

Probably no surprise to anyone I voted no. I don't care about the money part. I'd like to trade him so we can get out from under his cap hit. I'd propose a trade to Houston for Matt Schaub. He'd make a great backup for EJ.

The reason I wast SJ gone is because for too long (14 years) the Bills have been almost good, but figure out how to lose a handful of games a year by choking or otherwise blowing it. We want to get over the hump and back to respectability and playoffs. SJ personfies the old Bills find new way to lose mentality. THAT'S why we need to get rid of him and anything else that makes us choke in games. We need to purge the find new ways to lose elements from our team.

A "no" vote means to keep SJ, as in "don't trade him." Are you sure you voted the way you intended?

The sole reason?

Totally tongue in cheek. Stevie isn't a #1 but he certainly is a very productive player & the team is better with him than without him. Aaron Schobel Syndrome - blame the good players rather than add piece around then. Mike Evans, SJ, Woods. & Goodwin is a playoff receiving core.

Forget about cap hit. What do the Bills owe SJ13 in 2014? I can't tell if its $3.6 M or there's a $4M option bonus in there. I think it's very relevant to whether the Bills keep him.

Does anyone know?

I thought he was due a $1.75M bonus this year.

Totally tongue in cheek. Stevie isn't a #1 but he certainly is a very productive player & the team is better with him than without him. Aaron Schobel Syndrome - blame the good players rather than add piece around then. Mike Evans, SJ, Woods. & Goodwin is a playoff receiving core.

I am liking the Mike Evans idea a lot. even though we drafted two wide receivers last year, I think this guy is in our reach and would make this team great. Evans would be our number 1 guy, stevie as our slot guy, Goodwin the deep threat guy, and woods can play opposite Evans. We wouldn't even really need to upgrade tight end imo if we grab Evans, that is enough weapons for EJ.