Bills 2014 opponents - Home & Away

YoloinOhio

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills have a 50/50 shot of playing on Thanksgiving day vs. Detroit. Dallas had the AFC opponent in 2013, so Detroit gets it in 2014. Buffalo and Miami are the Lions' home AFC opponents. So there's that.

Is it in a contract that the Cowboys and Lions always get to play on Thanksgiving? I was always curious about that. I understand if it's "tradition" but honestly I'm tired of seeing them play all the time.

Not saying I want the Bills to play that day, just that it should be different teams every year.

Packers game will probably be in Toronto.

Wrong. Vikings play in a dome which is why they will be the team we play in Toronto. Most likely after they have a bye with the game before their bye being their Thursday Night game and probably after our 1st primetime Monday night game.

That would mean we have 6 days to play them while they rest for 17 days and have just enough time to heal Adrien Peterson who probably had an injury on that Thursday night game.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Bills have a 50/50 shot of playing on Thanksgiving day vs. Detroit. Dallas had the AFC opponent in 2013, so Detroit gets it in 2014. Buffalo and Miami are the Lions' home AFC opponents. So there's that.

They are going to pick the team they think will be the best next year. Sooooo that woouulldd be........ Fish!

Get ready for all 1 pm games for planning purposes of course and one TR game with someone they think might draw their fans like the Packers, etc.

Wrong. Vikings play in a dome which is why they will be the team we play in Toronto. Most likely after they have a bye with the game before their bye being their Thursday Night game and probably after our 1st primetime Monday night game.

That would mean we have 6 days to play them while they rest for 17 days and have just enough time to heal Adrien Peterson who probably had an injury on that Thursday night game.

Actually, this is wrong. Minny is done playing in domes this year. Their new outdoor stadium won't be ready for a couple years so they'll play @UM for 2 seasons. Metrodome is scheduled for the wreaking ball in '14. Brings back fond memories of some great Purple People Eater games from my youth.

Also, we still haven't done anything to rate national interest for a MNF game.

I think the schedule looks brutal. I was getting over another failure of a season..

I really like our home schedule, especially if we get either the Steelers or Browns.

Payback time. I also like the fact that we play SD and KC at home too.

Denver and possibly Houston will be tough road games, one of those will

prob. Be the Thurs. night game, guessing Denver?

I think that we will be catching the NFC north at a good time, and as someone already

alluded, I am thinking that will be Thanksgiving-Detroit.

I am thinking prob. Minny in Toronto. Maybe get a Mon. Home Game, Pack or Steelers?

I predict we play only two teams coming off byes and we go 10-6, with six or seven home

wins.

Edited by Tu-Toned

Miami will undoubtedly get the thanksgiving game over us. I'm 99 percent sure

http://blogs.buffalo...e-and-away.html

Home

• Miami Dolphins - a close one, but we should win it @ home
  • New England Patriots - Tom Brady still recovering from the vast infection of herpes and crabs in his throat - we destroy them, week 6 we're 4-2!
  • New York Jets - Manziel may be hot but that was just 1 game, this is week 2. We win.
  • Kansas City Chiefs - This team, late in the year, they'll feel like they're at home. We beat them!
  • San Diego Chargers - Rivers will throw 3 picks against Byrd and Co. on a very strange MNF matchup.
  • Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers in September means he is not up to speed yet. We win.
  • Minnesota Vikings - playing in Toronto, I just don't see us winning this.
  • AFC North standings counterpart - With our new rookie TE I think we can beat their weak secondary. W!

Away

• Miami Dolphins - oh boy, we win. Say goodbye to the Tannehill QB, that rookie came from no where. We should have got him in the 4th instead of DT Bagpipes Scooterman
  • New England Patriots - Why do we always go to NE in December. At least this time we are above .500. even though they have 10 days to prepare after losing to the Colts on TNF.
  • New York Jets - Manziel after a bye week, it won't matter. We just played NE last week on the road, lets win this one!
  • Denver Broncos - Manning gets a Williams sandwhich with extra Williams between the Williams.
  • Oakland Raiders - Oh, great. We open the season on the road...lets just win this and play NYJ at our home opener
  • Chicago Bears - Week 3 blahs. If we win this it will be a test. The Bears are not a push over.
  • Detroit Lions - Why the hell are we playing on Thanksgiving?! We have a bye week and come right in to play Detroit... which is fine because we head back west next week...
  • AFC South standings counterpart - To play Houston. They still do not have an answer for QB, do they? Man, wtf happened to Schaub and Carr?!

that was kind of fun. Edited by jboyst62

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time we played against The Texans, it was last season, in Houston. So wouldn't that mean, assuming, it is Houston for our AFC South oppenent, which is what it's looking like, that the game would be in Buffalo?

You are wrong.

The "Afc south tbd" opponent is a separate rotation from the "play the entire division" rotation. Next time we play the full AFCS we will play Houston in buffalo.

Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification. That's awesome then. I live in Houston. Won't even have to travel.

No prob! The "you're wrong" was certainly meant in jest to the "correct me if I'm wrong"

I'll probably be debating making the trip over for that one, depending on where it falls on the calendar. As a Houston local, any tips on tickets? Is the stadium sold out leaving just stubhub? Or should I be watching for a single game sales date from the team sometime this offseason?

No prob! The "you're wrong" was certainly meant in jest to the "correct me if I'm wrong"

I'll probably be debating making the trip over for that one, depending on where it falls on the calendar. As a Houston local, any tips on tickets? Is the stadium sold out leaving just stubhub? Or should I be watching for a single game sales date from the team sometime this offseason?

don't go to Houston. It's the devil. If you do, though. Go to the Waterwall, where the homeless urinate. Also, look at all the FM roads and laugh that they are too silly to give real names. Then try to figure out why they have a stupid train down the middle of their road that no one rides on and how to drive around it without it running in to you.

don't go to Houston. It's the devil. If you do, though. Go to the Waterwall, where the homeless urinate. Also, look at all the FM roads and laugh that they are too silly to give real names. Then try to figure out why they have a stupid train down the middle of their road that no one rides on and how to drive around it without it running in to you.

Hey buddy! I live off an FM road! On a street called "My Rd." Everything else you said is sadly accurate. The whole FM system is stuipid, it was confusing for me to learn my way around. Luckily I live far enough away.

Last year it sold out, and the only ticket I could get was a 49 dollar face ticket for 120. That was also when Texans were Super Bowl contenders, and this is a fair weather city, so I'm not sure about next year.