Santa Needs Your Help...Save Christmas!!!

Where do I send my donation?? Get ready for little second and third graders having bake sales and coin drops to save Christmas (all proceeds, of course, payable to Greenpeace). When will this **** end??

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/12/10/santa-warns-in-greenpeace-video-christmas-will-be-canceled-due-to-global-warming/

Brilliant ad campaign. McDonalds has built an empire on marketing bad food to Children. It may be bad taste, buts its still brilliant.

The only difference I see in your comparison is McDonalds tugs on the appetite of families looking for a quick meal (one that is readily available and will remain a staple of Americana) whereas the Greenpeace ad tugs on the heartstrings of children in a threatening (borderline blackmailing) manner - as if to say "Cough up some money kids or you won't get any toys and Blitzen will make some fine venison jerky this winter"

The only difference I see in your comparison is McDonalds tugs on the appetite of families looking for a quick meal (one that is readily available and will remain a staple of Americana) whereas the Greenpeace ad tugs on the heartstrings of children in a threatening (borderline blackmailing) manner - as if to say "Cough up some money kids or you won't get any toys and Blitzen will make some fine venison jerky this winter"

I don't disgree. But the goal was and "actionable decision" by targeting Children, in that sense, the tactic was the same. Not justifing the intent so to speak.

I don't disgree. But the goal was and "actionable decision" by targeting Children, in that sense, the tactic was the same. Not justifing the intent so to speak.

I suppose that's where advertising/marketing has an ethical dilemma - at what point does an advertising campaign become counter-productive (as B-Man said above)? If the ad is "brilliant" but causes even some of the staunchest environmentalists to have a bad taste in their mouth, then maybe the ad campaign isn't brilliant after all.

It's the Miley Cyrus marketing plan: freak people out to create buzz. PETA has done it for years. Unfortunately, it only works for a moment, and then you're irrelevant again. Like PETA.

http://www.politico....9491.html?hp=r1

Was Jesus a white dude? I bet he looked more like the Iranian leader Mockmuhmenajad, or how ever it's spelled.

Jesus was a Jew, therefore "white" in simplistic modern terms. (Best guess is he looked somewhere between Semetic and Hamitic.) Mostly, though, Jesus is whatever culture is currently painting his picture. He certainly didn't look Persian.

Santa Claus...definitely a white guy.

Jesus was a Jew, therefore "white" in simplistic modern terms. (Best guess is he looked somewhere between Semetic and Hamitic.) Mostly, though, Jesus is whatever culture is currently painting his picture. He certainly didn't look Persian.

Santa Claus...definitely a white guy.

I thought Jesus was a Acidic Jew. That's what Al Kaline said.

Where is megyn??

http://www.politico....9551.html?hp=l2

Sitting around dreaming of a white Christmas?

Got some news for ya, Skippy. There is no world where anyone cares about Megyn Kelly's thoughts on Santa beyond liberals looking to discuss something other than the pending progressive cluster!@#$ known as Obamacare.

But you keep throwing squirrels. We know how much progs love squirrels.

Got some news for ya, Skippy. There is no world where anyone cares about Megyn Kelly's thoughts on Santa beyond liberals looking to discuss something other than the pending progressive cluster!@#$ known as Obamacare.

But you keep throwing squirrels. We know how much progs love squirrels.

Then why reply to me you stupid moron? You are one poster that is so rock bottom stupid I could care less if you never bothered me again. Now go play in traffic or on the rail road tracks or something

He was Greek. "Greek" is "white."

I bet he never road in a one horse open sleigh

Sorry to interrupt the very important squirrel debate over the color of a fictional character.

A point from CNN regarding Greenpeace's manipulative video (described as a cross between The Blair Witch Project and Doomesday Preppers)

CNN has this story from Jeanne Moos that rips into Greenpeace for this video.

Moos characterizes the alarmists at Greenpeace and elsewhere as folks who “believe in global warming.” Their tendency to embrace human-caused climate doomsday scenarios (like Bad Santa hiding from climate change in the bunker) is akin to a religious belief, unaffected by the reality of observations and data.

In the CNN video, Moos quoted a commenter at the

of the Greenpeace video who wrote:

Hope that you are proud of yourselves green piece (sic) for scaring innocent children with your bully boy tactics as usual.

That’s right. CNN cited a critic of Greenpeace in its story. That represents amazing progress for truth (if not grammar) in MSM coverage of the climate issue.

With Tha One F'ing things up so bad we need the comic distraction. Gatorman, please talk about retatta, 3.5 and truculent dinosaurs and you will be raised to the #1 spot.

I thought retatta took 4 or 5 days to make?? Gator isn't patient enough to make regatta - ya know...the whole "let's pass the legislation so we know what's in it" routine.

I thought retatta took 4 or 5 days to make?? Gator isn't patient enough to make regatta - ya know...the whole "let's pass the legislation so we know what's in it" routine.

Gaytard doesn't get the lack of respect here that he/she should. Control yourself.