EJ Manuel IS our franchise QB

HSerotte

Am I the only one who still believes in him? I believe that next year he will take a huge step forward and we will be in playoff contention. He has the body, leadership, mind, legs and arm to be a great QB. Somewhere along the line at FSU, someone seriously messed up his throwing mechanics. It affects his accuracy, and everyone can see it. But WHEN, not IF, he figures it out, this Bills team is going to be good. Its hard to see now but bright things are ahead, put trust into Marrone, Manuel and Whaley.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when they win between 4 and 7 games what will the story be then? I'm just tired of this endless treadmill of failure. I wanted Manuel to be the guy, and I haven't completely given up on him, but I am starting to think the best move is picking another QB in the draft.

Are we going to have a line that will block for him, and receivers that can get open and catch the ball?

Exactly. 1 more big defensive player, upgraded line, and big target WR and TE and this team is set. Obviously, this may take the next two Free Agency's and drafts, but were getting closer.

Dude missed the entire pre-season.

He missed 25% of the regular season.

He has mediocre weapons.

Hackett is a horrible coordinator.

Most rookies aren't good in year one.

Led game winnings drive Vs Carolina and should have VS Atlanta.

Yes, he has sucked at time but cut him some slack.

Please bring in a Veteran in the off season to complete though.

Generally QBs who can't throw don't just all of a sudden become good throwers

This.

People want to complicate the issue, but the kid just can't throw. I know money and egos and reputations and jobs are on the line, but somebody -- somebody influential -- at One Bills Drive has to call this what it is -- a mistake -- and move on.

No he's not a bust yet. He's not exactly a franchise QB either. We don't know yet and may not for awhile. In this era, everyone wants to be the first to declare an absolute. We could use a 3rd rounder or so as a backup/competition. By the way, you didn't capitalize the deity you mentioned in your thread title.Better stay off the politics and pundits board!

Manuel IS a franchise qb for a very bad franchise. It's a perfect fit. If they compound their mistake by skipping on a legitimate first round qb in this draft, I will be even more emotionally detached from this team if that were actually possible. Don't blame the line. The defense knows he can't hit the long ball, so they just pin their ears back and go after him.