The Buffalo Bills have a better QB Situation Than...

Boludo

Not worth banging your head against the wall over. In limited action this year, Hoyer looked better than EJ ever has. Not to say I don't like EJ's upside but you could certainly make the argument. The bottom line is that this thread is dumb because half the QB situations in the league are purely speculative- ours being a prime example.

Hoyer did look pretty good but some more perspective. He's about to turn 28. He plays with a guy who is a top 5 receiver right now. He 5 tds to 3 ints (worse ratio than EJ). And his 3 tds were against Minnesota in a dome which IMO is much less impressive than Ej's 2 tds against one of the best defenses the Jets in a very windy game.

If EJ isn't better than Hoyer at age 28, then he clearly isn't the guy.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the memo dude. Every college QB will perform exactly how they performed in college. Playing against Memphis and Temple is the exact same thing as playing against the Panthers and Ravens. No hyped QB has ever failed on the next level. Fact.

after all the "2014 could be the best qb class ever" talk about this year, it was odd hearing kiper say he didnt think there was a qb worthy of #1 this year and no franchise qbs in the 2014 draft on mike and mike yesterday. im not rolling that out as gospel by any means, but a little perspective that there might not be the 5 slam dunk franchise qbs that many have been thinking all year long. odds are the truth lands somewhere in between here, and theres a loooong way to go before the draft.

(for the record, regardless, im very much against using a 1 or 2 for qb, despite my not wanting to annoint EJ yet in my last post)

after all the "2014 could be the best qb class ever" talk about this year, it was odd hearing kiper say he didnt think there was a qb worthy of #1 this year and no franchise qbs in the 2014 draft on mike and mike yesterday. im not rolling that out as gospel by any means, but a little perspective that there might not be the 5 slam dunk franchise qbs that many have been thinking all year long. odds are the truth lands somewhere in between here, and theres a loooong way to go before the draft.

(for the record, regardless, im very much against using a 1 or 2 for qb, despite my not wanting to annoint EJ yet in my last post)

I heard this too... very interesting and I think he is right

IMO, scouting QBs might be the hardest thing in sports to do. There are so many things that good NFL QBs have that can't be measured. For all the talk about Luck being the next great one (and he's still really good), he isn't exactly ripping up the league and has similar stats to EJ.

I agree with your last point. I think the people who support EJ haven't anointed him. But with realistic expectations, EJ has had some very good flashes as a rookie. But for whatever reason, some fans have become completely irrational.

I agree on the 2014 QB class. I don't actually think it's that much better than the 2013 class. Now that Mariota is staying in school there is no Quarterback there that I think is genuinely worthy of a top 10 pick. I'm not saying one won't go in the top 10.... I think Bridgewater will go top 10 and might go #1 to Houston and I think Manziel will go top 10... because someone will think he is worth the risk... but I don't. Nowhere near.

Every year in september the next QB class is as good as the '83 class. Then they play a few games and no one is worth a first round pick. Then in February someone completes 9-10 passes against air and is the next John Elway. Said player drops to round two and is labeled a steal. Said player then sucks for 3 years save one outstanding game against the Browns/Jags each year then is replaced and finally labeled a bust

Its science

Every year in september the next QB class is as good as the '83 class. Then they play a few games and no one is worth a first round pick. Then in February someone completes 9-10 passes against air and is the next John Elway. Said player drops to round two and is labeled a steal. Said player then sucks for 3 years save one outstanding game against the Browns/Jags each year then is replaced and finally labeled a bust

Its science

i just cant believe we were duped into drafting a qb in the only year to ever have qb questions, when every other year is so filled with hall of famers.

I agree with your last point. I think the people who support EJ haven't anointed him. But with realistic expectations, EJ has had some very good flashes as a rookie. But for whatever reason, some fans have become completely irrational.

for sure. i feel like ive been a pretty steady supporter and any time he throws a pick im a moron for saying hes still growing, and any time he throws a td im a moron for saying theres still a long road to franchise qb.

i like the guy - i think he has what it takes physically and mentally to be an NFL qb, but even once you clear those benchmarks, it still takes a lot of things falling into place to get to that established qb plateau. hopefully we get some of that luck on this go around. keep adding talent around him and hopefully he gets there.

Yes, you have anointed EJ.

Yes, you and the other homers that call people morons for continuing to upgrade the QB are irrational and have no perspective on the league today.

Any knowledgeable football fans laugh at people like you. Infact, I'm doing so currently. Please call WGR,

Every year in september the next QB class is as good as the '83 class.

Hyperbole!

I don't know what awful media you listen to, but that doesn't happen. It absolutely didn't happen last year.

Yes, you and the other homers that call people morons for continuing to upgrade the QB are irrational and have no perspective on the league today.

Any knowledgeable football fans laugh at people like you. Infact, I'm doing so currently. Please call WGR,

Hyperbole!

I don't know what awful media you listen to, but that doesn't happen. It absolutely didn't happen last year.

Way not to respond to anything that was posted. You're awful. Good bye.

Keenum looks intriguing in Houston.

EJ doens't have Kaep's speed or arm strength. Saying we are better off than SF at QB is crazy.

Keenum who just got benched against the Jags???

And the best thing that SF has is the best QB teacher in the game. Kaepernick has shown more than EJ but he also plays for the same offensive coach in the NFL. He hasn't exactly been lighting it up this year.

It s irritating that we continually compare our team and players to how much less we suck than a few others. What possible gratification can you derive from that logic? From the top of this organization down to the fan base we must demand the best. The Pats demand it. Peyton Manning demands it from his organizations. We deserve it and should settle for nothing less.

It s irritating that we continually compare our team and players to how much less we suck than a few others. What possible gratification can you derive from that logic? From the top of this organization down to the fan base we must demand the best. The Pats demand it. Peyton Manning demands it from his organizations. We deserve it and should settle for nothing less.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here. I think a lot of folks are just asking for perspective. The Buffalo Bills have missed the playoffs for 14 straight years. EJ, Marrone, Whaley, Kiko, etc. are in their first year. Some fans put those frustrations on people who have just got here. IMO, next year is a playoff or bust season. But you have to allow sometime for growth. The great Peyton Manning went 3-13 as a rookie.

Palmer is playing pretty good for the Cards right now.

I think the only clear cut teams we are ahead of QB wise is:

Jets

Browns

Raiders

Texans

Viking

And that is really befause those are the teams that obviously don't have their next year's QB on the roster or because they are the jets. All the others have too many unknown variables to really judge. Even Henne has been playing good. Hard to judge EJ. Even after this season since he missed four games. I like EJ, but he has a lot to prove still.

Hyperbole!

smh

Way not to respond to anything that was posted. You're awful. Good bye.

Keenum who just got benched against the Jags???

And the best thing that SF has is the best QB teacher in the game. Kaepernick has shown more than EJ but he also plays for the same offensive coach in the NFL. He hasn't exactly been lighting it up this year.

Yep - Isn't Keenum Oh-fer as a starter? How is that "decent"?

i just cant believe we were duped into drafting a qb in the only year to ever have qb questions, when every other year is so filled with hall of famers.

for sure. i feel like ive been a pretty steady supporter and any time he throws a pick im a moron for saying hes still growing, and any time he throws a td im a moron for saying theres still a long road to franchise qb.

i like the guy - i think he has what it takes physically and mentally to be an NFL qb, but even once you clear those benchmarks, it still takes a lot of things falling into place to get to that established qb plateau. hopefully we get some of that luck on this go around. keep adding talent around him and hopefully he gets there.

How anyone can feel anything besides this is beyond me...

Never really did like the pick where he was taken thought we could have done better for the team but it is what it is now .

I don't foresee Manuel becoming Tom Brady he just has to many things to fix that were there in his college career, & he didn't have Russel Wilson type stats as far as yards & accuracy in his college career.

I could be (& hope i am) wrong about EJ b/c he has the arm strength , leadership qualities & is a outstanding guy but there are a lot of those guys that are back ups or retired from the NFL ...

I hope we look real hard at some of the QB's coming out this year !!

My personal favorite although he is not a "prototypical" NFL QB as far as height & such but he has what i think is that IT factor the same as i thought about Russel Wilson.

Taj Boyd has shown great leadership skills & more than anything thte ability to lead a team back when they

are down in huge games, who ever gets this kid is going to have a great QB for a long time !!

I just hope we don't lay our entire future in the hands of EJ & close the door to others that could be there for the picking like we have done in the Bills past with the draft !!

TJ Graham, EJ Manuel and 5 upcoming 1st round picks for Russell Wilson ? Seattle probably hangs up the phone.

Front offices last huge maybin level blunder was the Graham over Russell Wilson(w qb as a high need at the time IMO). I wish i was wearing a bills Orakpo jersey instead of this ole Travis Henry.....just one more draft mistake to write off.

Time to surround EJ with more weapons IMO. Sammy Watkins from Clemson is high on my wish list. Need a wideout who can dominate.

make Goodwin and the other smurfs situational not full time.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

TJ Graham, EJ Manuel and 5 upcoming 1st round picks for Russell Wilson ? Seattle probably hangs up the phone.

Front offices last huge maybin level blunder was the Graham over Russell Wilson(w qb as a high need at the time IMO). I wish i was wearing a bills Orakpo jersey instead of this ole Travis Henry.....just one more draft mistake to write off.

Time to surround EJ with more weapons IMO. Sammy Watkins from Clemson is high on my wish list. Need a wideout who can dominate.

make Goodwin and the other smurfs situational not full time.

Isn't Watkins 6'1"? Same size as Woods and smaller than Stevie?

Watkins fights for balls and outjumps defenders often. More of a raw athlete than either IMO.

Unlike some i still like #13 and i like #10 as well but still want to see more weapons for Manuel.

11/23/13: Watkins dominated Maryland with 14 receptions for 163 yards. A week earlier, he caught eight passes for 68 yards and a touchdown against Florida State. The junior played better than the numbers indicate.

thats from waltermockdraft.com they have him as 2nd wideout in draft behind Evans of Texas A and M.

Edited by Ryan L Billz