Week 14: Bills at Buccaneers

Can the Bills pick themselves up to win a road game after the crushing loss to the Falcons in Toronto on Sunday?

12/02 Doug Marrone Monday Press Conference

The Bills head coach talks about the fumbles against the Falcons, what he thinks of the run defense over the course of the season, and the difficulty of measuring expectations for this year.

@ChrisBrownBills

Broadcast team for Bills-Bucs http://wp.me/plmrg-9fP

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tampa isnt a pushover - a lot of talent on that roster, even if its been poorly managed. should be a good game.

two teams. One struggling to get to the middle struggling to get an identity after a lot of hostility in the off season and in the locker room VS. a team that is trying to find inspiration to become a better team and begin a new chapter on what had been dismal for a very long timem

IMO, this game will say quite a bit about the leadership and character of this current Bills team.

Yeah, it's tough to know what to feel. This is still a young team and they still need to learn to win. At the same point, I think another high draft pick to a team that is way more talented than 4-8 (you are what your record says though) could be amazing. I hate losing and seeing my team lose but deep down, I don't think it would bother me that much this week.

P.S. The worst thing for Tampa to do is to convince themselves Schiano is the answer. But it also goes to show that tanking in the NFL is almost impossible.

Lol. Nope I can't help myself and chances are I won't be able to help myself come Sunday. Crack.

Just don't watch the game with Rob Ford. Bad luck.

They can win the game, but as usual it could go either way. Will need to stop the freaking run (they have done that before, clearly forgot how last week) and confuse the rookie QB. I was more worried about the ATL game than I am about this one for some reason, but certainly would not be surprised at another Bills loss. I want them to win vs. the higher draft pick argument because they need to win to build a winning culture. They had a great draft last year and anticipate another one, so not really worried about that part. Just win.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Now that the playoff talk has subsided, they HAVE to let EJ throw the ball around so we can see if this guy is more than just a game manager. This draft coming up is crucial to see if this team needs to build on EJ or get some competition for him. I would LOVE to see EJ throw the ball around with confidence and not worry about ints....

Will Marrone and the rest of the Bills management recognize they are now playing the first half of the 2014 preseason? Somehow I doubt it. It is clear, however, that this game and the next are not going to have playoff implications...so find out about those guys on the roster who have not played.....so you know what to do in the off season. EJ...well, he can use the game experience. But, lets see Gragg play a lot, find out if he is a player or not....etc But, will have to play the regulars against Miami and NE as those games will effect other s playoff chances. I think the Bills/Bucs game and the next will be "off the board" in Vegas.....as neither team has playoff motivation. Of course, Schiano is playing for his job....but, Marrone is safe for now, at least.

I'm at the point where I don't care and I'd rather do something else on Sunday.

Yep, hitting the road to visit the grandkids, won''t bother with this game...maybe on tape midweek, or something

I don't know what to think about this game. At least it is a 1:00 start so i can record it and watch in 75 minutes instead of 3 hours.

And you couldn't do the same for a 4:15 game???

IMO, this game will say quite a bit about the leadership and character of this current Bills team.

And also if they have truly improved or are just another bad team. A loss to the downtrodden Bucs team means the Bills still suck. If the Bills win, it would be a heck of alot more encouraging.

Edited by DDD

Will Marrone and the rest of the Bills management recognize they are now playing the first half of the 2014 preseason? Somehow I doubt it. It is clear, however, that this game and the next are not going to have playoff implications...so find out about those guys on the roster who have not played.....so you know what to do in the off season. EJ...well, he can use the game experience. But, lets see Gragg play a lot, find out if he is a player or not....etc But, will have to play the regulars against Miami and NE as those games will effect other s playoff chances. I think the Bills/Bucs game and the next will be "off the board" in Vegas.....as neither team has playoff motivation. Of course, Schiano is playing for his job....but, Marrone is safe for now, at least.

Yep, hitting the road to visit the grandkids, won''t bother with this game...maybe on tape midweek, or something

This is exactly what we need to do. But I doubt we do it. We need more Gragg and less Chandler. Or put them in a two TE set, which is what we need to run next season after drafting a TE in the 1st or 2nd round.

With all due respect, you can expect Marrone to coach like they have a chance until the math says they don't. Which is exactly as he should be doing. For a multitude of reasons. Not the least of which is retaining credibility.

GO BILLS!!!